most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The next character is going to be from Guilty Gear. I'm not much a of a GG fan but its interesting to say the least.

It’ll be hilarious if my main Baiken makes it into Samurai Shodown as a guest, yet remains excluded from the main roster of Strive lol
d4e6kan-0ce56b94-82d3-42ff-ac48-4017101659a6.gif

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
After a long wait, the LRG SS Collection sets are finally shipping out and mine just showed up. I wish I'd gotten the game a lot sooner, but it is a really nice set! There's an MVS box inside the liner, an AES box inside of that, and a mockup mini-cart inside the AES box along with the PS4 game. The MVS box also contains a soundtrack and a mini art book. Definitely one of the better limited editions I've seen lately.
Just sounds like a whole lot of useless crap. A mockup mini-cart? c'mon.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
PS: Hibiki has been released. There is a major bug with her counter move and it's being fixed.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Just beat her story mode and it was alright she had some arc with Jubei which was nice.

Whats unique about her is that she has a bloodthirsty mode that you unlock by defeating each enemy she faces with a killing blow and her dialogue changes aswell as her ending. Or you could just hold down x when selecting her outright. All in all it was pretty cool.

And yeah her counters let her block projectiles easy which is indeed op.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The main game is currently 50% off on PSN (not sure about XBox / Switch), along with its Deluxe Edition, which includes Season Pass 1.

It’ll be hilarious if my main Baiken makes it into Samurai Shodown as a guest, yet remains excluded from the main roster of Strive lol
d4e6kan-0ce56b94-82d3-42ff-ac48-4017101659a6.gif
Baiken isn’t my main character, but I like her and I think the same. She could be a very interesting and fitting addition in SS.

Speaking of Hibiki, little Easter Egg: in The Last Blade 2 she had two endings depending on the number of kills. In SS she has different artworks!
80o0Gh5.jpg

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Baiken isn’t my main character, but I like her and I think the same. She could be a very interesting and fitting addition in SS.

Speaking of Hibiki, little Easter Egg: in The Last Blade 2 she had two endings depending on the number of kills. In SS she has different artworks!
80o0Gh5.jpg
Yeah if you hold down x or square at the character select screen you get the first.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Excellent tutorial for Hibiki:

Check his channel for tutorials for other characters / games. Very informative and practical stuff.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hibiki is a treat to use. Tied for first w/ Darli for my main.

this game has exceeded my every expectation for it...it’s my favorite since SSII.

we’ve come so far, from Sen to this.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Hibiki is a treat to use. Tied for first w/ Darli for my main.

this game has exceeded my every expectation for it...it’s my favorite since SSII.

we’ve come so far, from Sen to this.

Same thoughts. I personally find it the best looking SS overall since 2, aside from the sprites quality of SS3 / SS4.

The game is great for competitve play, but its online mode is hindering the experience (extremely random connection quality, delay-based, and lobbies crashing constantly).

I've been playing it since launch. If you are up for testing the connection, let me know. I play on PS4 and sometimes I get decent connection with US players (PSN: Alucard-XII).

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Same thoughts. I personally find it the best looking SS overall since 2, aside from the sprites quality of SS3 / SS4.

The game is great for competitve play, but its online mode is hindering the experience (extremely random connection quality, delay-based, and lobbies crashing constantly).

I've been playing it since launch. If you are up for testing the connection, let me know. I play on PS4 and sometimes I get decent connection with US players (PSN: Alucard-XII).
Sounds good! My PSN=
chow_yun_skinny

Shiro Tokisada Amakusa joins SS on June 14th as the 3rd DLC Character in the Season Pass 3! I’m happy for this, the first boss will be back!

k7Oe6Ox.jpg

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Shiro Tokisada Amakusa joins SS on June 14th as the 3rd DLC Character in the Season Pass 3! I’m happy for this, the first boss will be back!

k7Oe6Ox.jpg
Damn that is pretty cool. Season pass 3 is the only dlc I've purchased so far and its sure paying off.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Amakusa looks awesome. Loving that rock remix of his theme.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Despite many years have passed, even in this last return decided to continue to quote Jonathan Joestar's Jojo pose. :mr_t:

v3SqZCn.jpg

Moreover, the final scene than when Amakusa defeats Haōmaru, reminded me a lot of a special technique that Gogeta used in the movie 'Dragon Ball Super Broly' (2018).

xDJ844s.gif

h7FOP3R.gif

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Amakus is available now.

Steam version is also out. Temporary offer until June 18th: $60 for the game + all DLC's:

(Offers on base game and other bundles as well)

Edit: Season passes content for those wondering:

Free stuff released over the course of the game's release until now:

- Shizumaru
- Gongsun Li (guest character from a mobile game)
- 3 additional stages that came with DLC characters
(1 or 2 more characters might get added for free later)

Season pass 1

- Rimururu
- Kazuki
- Basara
- Wanfu

Season pass 2

- Mina
- Sougetsu
- Iroha
- Warden (guest from For Honor)

Season pass 3

- Cham Cham