most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Shizumaru was just confirmed as a bonus freebie character in Season 1's DLC. Tentatively due out by the end of September.

Last edited:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Wonder how SNK's going to address Mina's supposed suicide at the end of SSV.

Also, if anyone cares, Haohmaru's a guest character for season 2 Soulcalibur VI.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Also, if anyone cares, Haohmaru's a guest character for season 2 Soulcalibur VI.
I picked up Soulcalibur VI but it got old fast. The combat system for that series hasn't worked at all for me since the original Soul Edge in the arcade, though I keep trying for some reason. Apparently I'm not alone; it's a bad sign when your hype trailer for season 2 advertises "New system!!"

Here's something to think about... most of the guest characters in recent times have been the result of one-way arrangements, but it would make sense if there is a character trade here with 3 slots in the season 2 DLC for Samurai Shodown still open. Not sure who the guest character would be as Soulcalibur doesn't really have a main character. Mitsurugi fits the best, but he is kind of overshadowed by similarly designed characters. Taki, Sophitia, or Siegfried would have a more unique 2D design.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Pillar Wan Fu is best Wan Fu.

Oh yeah... also, Infiltration's 0-second freeze victory in Top 8 was fucking incredible. Go to ~10:30 to see the set up and the finish.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Yup, nice!

I wasn't expecting shizu to be announced looks like i'll have to buy the new samurai shodown asap.Also after reading the comments i see allot of request for sieger,it would be some thing if he was in season two.Still with sieger being such a under used character by snk that's a long shot there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I picked up Soulcalibur VI but it got old fast. The combat system for that series hasn't worked at all for me since the original Soul Edge in the arcade, though I keep trying for some reason. Apparently I'm not alone; it's a bad sign when your hype trailer for season 2 advertises "New system!!"

That series is a weird one. I can still pick up Soul Blade or the first Soul Calibur and have a lot of fun with them. All of the games after those are just fine, but I end up not really wanting to play them much and just want to go back to the first two.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Wonder how SNK's going to address Mina's supposed suicide at the end of SSV.

This one takes place before the first Samurai Shodown. Same reason Shiki is there.

That and makers of fighting games love to find creative ways to skirt canon in order to have a roster they want. KOF exists as a franchise because of that. They can just come up with some dimensional bullshit, or "that's not what actually happened", or whatever. Hell, Geese died in Fatal Fury 1. Lotta good that did to keep him down.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
This one takes place before the first Samurai Shodown. Same reason Shiki is there.

That and makers of fighting games love to find creative ways to skirt canon in order to have a roster they want. KOF exists as a franchise because of that. They can just come up with some dimensional bullshit, or "that's not what actually happened", or whatever. Hell, Geese died in Fatal Fury 1. Lotta good that did to keep him down.

According to the series official timeline Shodown 2019 takes place between the events of Shodown V and the original game.

Really miss the days when SNK would revisit deceased characters through noncanical dream match games. It showed that they cared about continuity. How times have changed. :annoyed:

Takou

n00b
Totally useless, but looks cool on a shelf.
Too Bad they used the "pre-snaplock case" cover art style with the 2 red stripes on the left for the US insert, but still nice, and it has the Neo Geo Logo, that doesn't appear on the Japanase insert.

SAM_A.jpg

SAM_B.jpg

SAM_C.jpg

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
EVO was pretty great this year because Samsho was so good. I made it out of my first pool in winners. Had to play a Japanese Haohmaru player. Thats a fun mirror match. I ended up getting 193rd place out of 1729 players. Still got more work to do, but I'm happy with how I played and really only kicking myself for one mistake I made during a match (I went for 66B xx 214D instead of 623C which would have killed my opponent) The crowd went pretty crazy for the samsho news and KOFXV being announced during the finals day. Rimururu drops today, so i'm going to lab her and write up a beginners guide on her soon. I just finished one for Galford if anyone is interested

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SOqK24FLtbHkHQGFRCmqXmIAUs8B8l7_XqFOUKpw0qI/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Totally useless, but looks cool on a shelf.
Too Bad they used the "pre-snaplock case" cover art style with the 2 red stripes on the left for the US insert, but still nice, and it has the Neo Geo Logo, that doesn't appear on the Japanase insert.

Is that US one from EVO, or from the European con? I thought the EVO one had the dog tag on it?

Marek

Banned
Pillar Wan Fu is best Wan Fu.

Oh yeah... also, Infiltration's 0-second freeze victory in Top 8 was fucking incredible. Go to ~10:30 to see the set up and the finish.

Epic.

Any other highlights from the samsho tourney?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
It's the "limited run" european (french) one.

Nice, how did you manage to obtain this? Through ebay? I don't really like how they managed this. The demand should be a lot higher than just 118 copies, available only at a convention.

Takou

n00b
Ah gotcha. Nice, it looks better than the EVO one (the dog tag is kinda out of place)

I agree.

Nice, how did you manage to obtain this? Through ebay? I don't really like how they managed this. The demand should be a lot higher than just 118 copies, available only at a convention.

You had to be there, in Paris, and suscribe to a random draw, you were given a number, and if your number was chosen, you had the right to buy one.
They did this for 3 days to distribute the "whole" 118. So each day, many people had to leave empty handed, and, if possible, come back the next day.

On ebay, the first ones have already fetched ridiculous prices, see here (€ 850 - € 600 - € 560)

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
You had to be there, in Paris, and suscribe to a random draw, you were given a number, and if your number was chosen, you had the right to buy one.
Sounds shady and even a tinge NGF-y to me. I think I'll stick with the JP LE for this one.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
On ebay, the first ones have already fetched ridiculous prices, see here (€ 850 - € 600 - € 560)

And now the EVO ones are showing up. Ah limited editions today, from manufacturer to ebay every time.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Patch dropped today:

- Characters balance
- Lobbies are less messy (added rematch and intro / win pose skip)
- When ranked match ends, it resumes the previous mode you were in

Edit: Patch notes

Also, not sure if mentioned here, but Rimururu and her stage were also added a while back.

Last edited: