Most expensive pcb youve broken?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Common problem, Adam did it to my Windy before I bought it off him. Advice I always give Windy owners. Don’t rotate em

You ain’t lyin’, brother.

I just haaaaaaad to play SkyShark one day. Back in the one cab, no super gun days.

Shit was nerve wracking. Like, brain surgery on yourself hectic...one false move-nothing will ever be the same, lol.

I actually think its one of the easiest cabs to rotate because of the nice handles and sturdy frame. Sorry if you guys are offended but I think necking a monitor is just a really rookie move, dont blame the cab.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I actually think its one of the easiest cabs to rotate because of the nice handles and sturdy frame. Sorry if you guys are offended but I think necking a monitor is just a really rookie move, dont blame the cab.

C’mon, you know the Windy II has no neck guard. Freefallin’ like Tom Petty if your arms get tired...I really had a scare when I was lining the 4th hole/bolt up.

The easiest cabs to rotate, have rotate mechs, heh. ;^)

2nd easiest is the Blast...just throw it on it’s back, and eat your Wheaties.

sylphia

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not really broken but ... when I started pcb repairs, I tried to desolder two RAM chips on a Sunset Riders pcb, which led to a large number of broken traces :spock:
I fixed them with orange kinar wires, the pcb is still working well but looks like a Frankestein version of Sunset Siders, with orange wires on top of chips :cool:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Ahh, the drunken backwards JAMMA install. I’ve been there and haven’t been punished for it yet.

This whole thread is making me nauseous though.
I feel like I messed that up on another board once, but I don't recall ever full-on killing a specific PCB... That kills most boards, right?

Yeah I think a windy is easier than an egret 2, rotate mechs are dumb
You know me, I'm a weak little bitch. I like the E2 rotate mech. Moving pins - no problem. Rotating monitors - no go.

Norm, are you back into arcade stuff? You got any cabs now?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Impossible to install a jamma connector backwards if the jamma connector on your harness is keyed.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Common problem, Adam did it to my Windy before I bought it off him. Advice I always give Windy owners. Don’t rotate em

They aren't too bad with proper precaution, but its not a cabinet I would want to rotate often, if ever. Why they just have the handles and no frame is beyond me.

You want a real beast to rotate? AWSD/E3. Mine is staying vert unless I find a 2l12b panel.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member

My case was a total rookie move. The Windy came with an extra Nanao MS9, which was installed afterwards.

Easiest monitor to rotate has to be the Capcom Mini Cute. It's the only monitor I can rotate from a sitting (comfortably) position. That monitor is lightweight.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Nub question. Having never owned a cab, what is it that makes rotation so difficult? Is it the weight of a CRT or the type of frame/connections etc.