Mortal Kombat X - 4/14/2015

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I can't believe I'm looking forward to a MK game for the story.

I laughed at this - but honestly I agree - imho the story in MK9 and how it is played in the according mode is really well done - as I don't own a current gen console I'm thinking about picking this up for PC (in a steam sale at latest, perhaps at launch)

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It's like they asked some drunk dudebros on Halloween night what the best characters to add to mk would be.

Who really wanted Bo raicho?

Last edited:

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Am I the only one who thinks Leatherface looks totally stupid?

The Alien looks completely badass, though.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Looks like Alien will replace Baraka in this game.

I actually loved the Leatherface part. Not a character I would use, but would love to see his fatalities.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Boon already has half the roster for his "horror icon" fighting game he's been lobbying for. He just needs to make stages and it will just be drag and drop at this point.

Pack 3 is gonna have pinhead and Ash...calling it now.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
He just needs to make stages and it will just be drag and drop at this point.

Couldn't agree more. I would settle with MK9's backgrounds at this point. MKX's backgrounds are very good but they look damn similar to each other.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
MKX looks cool but these days just watching watching the fatalities on YouTube is enough for me.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
as a huge friday the 13th fan,i was hyped for the game ever since jason was announced.the addition of the new characters is great, but i just wanted them to add michael myers to the roster as well.jason vs michael would of been sweet.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Mortal Kombat XL owners - how are the new DLC characters?

I got the original MKX and am thinking about getting the $25 DLC upgrade bundle. But I don't really care for the horror characters to be honest...the only I think I might enjoy playing is Alien. Maybe Predator too.

And as far as the MK DLC characters, I don't know how I feel about them either. I'd love to have Goro. And Triborg looks cool. But I don't know about the others...

What else is included...DLC costumes? I already have the new pit stage, I guess I got that for free somehow.

$25 for 9 new characters seems reasonable...but would like to hear some thoughts from folks who actually play them. Yay or nay? Should I grab it?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just got MKXL, gonna taking it for a spin, haven't played MKX except for just a few minutes on a demo.

The cript and stupid shit is just as stupid as ever.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah I never played around with the crypt from the previous game either....

Let me know your thoughts EG. I am not a huge MK fan but the new game is fun. I mostly play as Kung Lao and Erron Black. I watched some vids of the new characters from XL to see who I might like to play as from the new bunch but none of them seem like standouts to me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I played MK9 for a while, once I got the hang of Kung Lao and Raiden I was all set, super cheapness on the tag team division. Haven't played MK9 in a long time, should play it more, I thought it was great.

Funny thing, after all these years I just finally realized that Bo-Rai-Cho is a spin on Borracho, which means Drunkfuck in Spanish...thus the drunken style, lol, sometimes I'm just clueless...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
MKX feels much more refined as a competitive game than MK9 IMO. Utilizing running adds a whole new depth to its combo system. What I still prefer in 9 are the stages and the fatalities (the brutalities in X partially make up for that though).

Btw, Triborg has a 4th variation which is Cyber Sub-Zero. You need to tap up twice then press start or something during variation select.

Alien is a cheap mother fucker with crazy and punishing low / overhead combos.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Triborg is great. I find bo rai Cho to be fun. Alien is cool, but has rediculous range. The krypt is a cool little homage to classic grid based dungeon crawlers with puzzles.

The new rollback online revamp is amazing, but you get that free with regular mkx.

I think it's a great game, but I haven't bothered to play since sfv came out.