Mortal Kombat X - 4/14/2015

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can't believe I'm looking forward to a MK game for the story.

I know Wes is down for this, who else?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Predator and Jason Vorhees for third-party DLC characters?

Can't wait to see those fatalities.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
I will definitely pick this up when it comes out. Always love some Mortal Kombat.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I had a lot of fun with the last MK game, so I'll definitely be getting this

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
For a while now I have been meaning to jump back into the MK universe (last game I bought was MK Gold on the DC), so maybe this will be the one? I am hearing good things.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
For a while now I have been meaning to jump back into the MK universe (last game I bought was MK Gold on the DC), so maybe this will be the one? I am hearing good things.
You should start with the last Mortal Kombat. It's excellent and should be cheap by now.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You should start with the last Mortal Kombat. It's excellent and should be cheap by now.

It is, and it is. You can get the Komplete edition for under 20 bucks these days. The story mode takes about 4-6 hours depending on your level of skill, but the challenge tower.... my god, that's a blast to play through.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Will wait for the complete version. They're going full Capcom with the DLC bullshitt.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You guys see this thread over at KLOV, MKX Cab? Dude did the same thing for MK9 too. Pretty good looking.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf

Which if I am not mistaken it is "Mortal Kombat" right? I will keep an eye out for it when I stop by the local video games store, if not I just might have that $20 to indulge myself.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Will wait for the complete version. They're going full Capcom with the DLC bullshitt.

Yeah seriously. I somehow always buy fighting games on day 1 like a sucker, but not this time. I have too many to brush up on anyway. I love Mortal Kombat on the PS3, but I bought all the DLC and so forth, and I really didn't play it so much before the complete version came out for a lower price anyway. (The friends I ended up playing against at work all got it after the second release)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Yep, the last game even though it's the 9th game was simply called Mortal Kombat. The Komplete Pack is out there and worth checking out for the extras. Just like FamiCommander I too will wait for the full on "Komplete Edition" with all of the DLC stuff added in. I'm kinda pissed at how they've been showing everything off. Instead of showing off all the characters in the main roster they keep showing off the DLC characters like Tremor, Jason and The Predator that I don't even think will be available when the game launches, right? Aren't they going to be added in later like MK9 and Injustice's characters? I much rather get pumped up for the characters I can play as then having to go right out and getting paying even more for the DLC.

Also that and I'm not upgrading to the next gen consoles just yet. I am shocked to find out that the game is indeed coming to the previous generation systems. I guess that just goes to show you the job that they do when they advertise all these games. I had no idea they where even making the damn thing on anything other then the PS4 and Xbone. Maybe I'll check out the PS3 if it gets good word of mouth, but only after all the DLC crap is done. I can say this, if their making Goro available for only people that pre-order the game then I'm going to be pissed. I hate this new generation of games. Get you hyped for shit that's not ready so you pay more and have to wait.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Always enjoyed my MK titles, but objectively speaking, MK9 was actually a really solid fighting game, whether - historically speaking - you like MK or not.

I'm expecting MKX to expand and surpass that greatness.

Fingers crossed that the PS3 version is literally just a 720p version of it's PS4 1080p/higher res brethren.

Will be pretty pissed if they do an "EA" (re: NFS Rivals was utter gash on PS3 in terms of quality vs Most Wanted 2/3yrs prior) and release a half-baked POS just for the $$$'s.

EDIT: If the PS3 & PS4 versions are cross-play, that should be a good indication of the PS3 version being good quality... but unsure if this is the case re: cross-play?

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Looking forward to this but yeah, will definitely be waiting on the inevitable "Komplete" edition. MK9 was terrific and the story stuff was way better than it had any right to be but most of that was because it was a throwback to old characters and old mechanics. I'm willing to be patient and see if they fuck it up like they did last time.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude I'm so stoked for MKX. Who's playing on PS4?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
The cameos kinda diminish any impact the game may have on my imagination....so as fitting or as cool as they may be, I'm not a fan.

MK9 was badass as fuck, and they are definitely taking steps in the right direction (especially with regards to female character design), but I look at a lot of these new characters like turds in the punch bowl.

Namely these fucking "Kombat Kids"....

I shouldn't be able to play as Kung Lao and curb stomp my sons head into a spinning buzz saw hat or slice him in half (balls first).

And yet I CAN....no father should have to go through with that. ='(

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I'll be picking this up when it hits the bargain bin.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Midway definitely has story mode down. The story mode for the last MK and for Injustice were both excellent. Will probably wait for a GotY edition of this, though.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm looking forward towards MKX but i'll probably wait for a complete edition instead.Still,how did wb games make a deal with fox for the predator !?

DrScience

n00b
Predator and Jason?! Hmm do I get it when it comes out or wait till the GOTY/complete edition. I guess it depends on how crazy they will get with the DLC.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
it is the year 2015 and people can play as jason and the predator in a MORTAL KOMBAT game and i give zero fucks, as compared to the me from 20 years ago

although i am really interested in the story of goddamn mortal kombat

Last edited: