More ebay bitching

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
*Trending price for each eligible video game is the price shown in the listing flow. The trending price is based on the sale price of that video game, in new or used good working condition, for all transactions on ebay.com in the last 90 days as updated on a daily basis. For eligible video games listed in: "New" condition, the price shown will be the 70th percentile of the sale prices for that item; "Used – Good" condition, the price shown will be the 50th percentile of those prices; and in Used – Acceptable condition, the price shown will be the 30th percentile of those prices, in each case excluding shipping/handling charges and any sales tax.

Yeah that trending price crap sounds pretty arbitrary to me.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ugh... Trending price? This is so ridiculous.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
What is it with assholes not including the break-away cables for Xbox controllers?

What the fuck? How often did morons lose those things?

Just picked up an Xbox again the other day. I didn't realize the controller won't work without the cable, so for a seller who has the cable for the controller to not include it with the controller is awful, to sell it separately is really a dick move because the cable is a part of the controller. Did the Duke also have a break away cable?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Trending prices would explain why all games are increasing in terms of a title. Like my example of Last Blade 2. Probably what happened was a nce US label mvs sold for way to much, then ebay makes this 'trending price' bullshit suggestion. Which people follow suit. If trending prices can be based on one example, then Ebay needs to go.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
About how much of a cut (percentage wise) does e-bay take these days?

I'll probably have to sell something ( value of $200 or so) there in the near future.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
About how much of a cut (percentage wise) does e-bay take these days?

I'll probably have to sell something ( value of $200 or so) there in the near future.

I want to say it's 15% after final value fee and PayPal's cut. Someone will have to confirm though.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I want to say it's 15% after final value fee and PayPal's cut. Someone will have to confirm though.

I'm not sure. What's real bullshit is that they bury that information behind a lot of links.

The only reason I go with ebay is because I'll get a guaranteed seller. (Most of the time anyway).

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yep, it's 15% last I checked. Fuckin' money grubbers.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have some bitching to do. Their system is fucked now when you list. They had it real streamlined a few months ago, now you have to go through pages of bullshit to list your stuff.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, we really need just an all-purpose eBay bitching thread, rather than starting a new one every week.

Has anyone noticed how hard they make it to leave negative feedback now?

"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase.
In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

Also, if sellers complain, negatives often get removed for the slightest reason.

And it goes without saying that sellers should be able to give buyers negatives.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
When I get my shit together, I'm going to sell some AES fighting games in storage and sell them here. Fuck ebay for Neo Geo stuff, this is the place to deal.

Yeah that trending price crap sounds pretty arbitrary to me.
It won't last long, unfortunately is my take on it. At least they're empowering the buyers somewhat.

Last edited:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
What are the exceptions?

Whoops sorry I missed this. The biggest thing I can think of off the top of my head as an example is the expanded audio channels with Famicom games on the Everdrive N8. Some games sound pretty bad compared to the real cartridges.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
As a seller eBay is awful but most people do it because its relatively easy and low risk... but sometimes you get some asshole buyer that wants to dick you around. The fees are bullshit too. I do appreciate PayPal for what it is since it makes many online money transactions simple.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
As a seller eBay is awful but most people do it because its relatively easy and low risk... but sometimes you get some asshole buyer that wants to dick you around. The fees are bullshit too. I do appreciate PayPal for what it is since it makes many online money transactions simple.

My big problem with the fees is they double dip. They own Paypal yet both eBay AND Paypal take a cut of the money. That is horseshit.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
My big problem with the fees is they double dip. They own Paypal yet both eBay AND Paypal take a cut of the money. That is horseshit.
Couldn't agree more. Greedy little fuckers taking complete advantage of the niche they've made for themselves. The times I've sold I'm always surprised at the fees. I think I paid over 40 in fees when I sold my old iPhone a few years back. PLUS the buyer protection crap... I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. They basically made me agree to them having the right to remove funds from my PayPal account if a buyer opens a case.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

This.

I got fucked a year or two ago when I sold Ni No Kuni. I got shipping confirmation, but it never got to where it was supposed to go and I didn't insure it, so I ate shit. I learned the hardway that you have to do priority. I do UPS only for big and expensive stuff. I agree with paypal that's a good way to do things.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Ebay fees are the biggest issue in my opinion. They arent reasonable. I cant even imagine the money they make when they take 15% off the top. Beyond paypals 5% and then for me to convert currency from US to canadian they give you a terrible exchange rate in which they graze another amount off. Everything said on here is so true about the local pawns pricing based off of ebay. Ive lost my desire to go to most stores and hunt for gems in the wild.

too bad this new boom of game collectors in the new generation will never have a clue what the good old days of collecting were like. Even before the internet when you got all your info from friends rumors or gaming magazines. Nintendo power, EGM! I miss it all! Im just glad i have most of what i really wanted from my childhood already and never really sold much.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
...and this is why that vast majority of us will just leave "real" cart collecting to the wolves and get SD-multi carts. If a majority of you are like me...it is amazing how much I do not care about carts...I am 100% about the games on them.

I am *this-close* to selling every last cart I have and just getting SD carts. I could easily pay for them with the $$ I'd get from these moronic shit-sticks.

I'm with you there.

As much as I liked the retron, in the end I figured i was better off just getting nice systems of the ones I wanted to play and some flash carts. The cash up front was a bit steep but, in the long run it gets cheaper, more so if I would sell my carts.

Anyhow, I get sick of the ebay pricing. We've a local shop that uses that as their minimum. I kid you not, 39.00 super mario world loose cart. 119.99 final fantasy nes, maybe complete but you can't tell because they shrink wrap everything, also no refunds, only exchanges or store credit. I go in there and look every now and then but never buy anything. They are actually a physical front for an ebay sales operation, the stuff in their showroom is just what is not selling on line, also all their product is for sale on line, but the really good stuff they never put out for the public to see. It's just the crap that hasn't sold.

I still do a good bit of sales on ebay, but not video game stuff. Miniature war game stuff, there are the same problems but they market is so much smaller it is only exaggerated on a few rare lines. A friend of mine is more into collecting than I am, and he has been trying to complete one of his collections. Some of those little lead minis he has paid like 300+ for, so the market is getting there and I should imagine it will before too awful much longer.

I figure I did about 8k in sales on ebay last year, and that averages a little over 10 per sale. Most of my stuff was books, dice, and miniatures. Truth be told I didn't make any real profit. I'm just kind of breaking even. If it were not for the top rated seller and power seller discounts I would be way worse off, the fees on ebay and paypal are killer. A lot of times when I sell miniatures I'll send the person a message and suggest they join one of the miniature forums I'm on and be part of our community. I usually sell stuff there a lot cheaper, kind of like how everyone is here. It is the same kind of thing there. In that respect, ebay opened some new markets and helped bring some people into our online community.

It's kind of a win, loose, hit and miss affair, using ebay that is. The age of deals is pretty much dead.

Pretty much anytime I score a deal the seller never ships. I just got done with another case where I won an auction for about 70 under what it was trending at and the guy took the money and never responded again. I've had several dozen cases for various things last year, I sometimes think they must be getting sick of me. Also most of the time there is an issue I go right to the seller so many times I could have opened cases but never did. Also, I dealt out quite a few refunds, thankfully most of my stuff has been so low cost it was not an issue.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Everything said on here is so true about the local pawns pricing based off of ebay. Ive lost my desire to go to most stores and hunt for gems in the wild.

I'm the same way.

Another thing I hate about ebay is when bitches wait to pay. I want my munnies and to close it off fast. There are some that pay right away, but there's a few who don't.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm the same way.

Another thing I hate about ebay is when bitches wait to pay. I want my munnies and to close it off fast. There are some that pay right away, but there's a few who don't.

When I win an auction, I pay immediately after the auction has ended(then again, I usually wait till the last 20 seconds to place a bid).

What bothers me though is when the seller waits for me to give them feedback before they give me feedback. The way I see it, I'm the buyer & obviously "pay" first.. so the seller should leave feedback first. I refuse to leave feedback as a buyer until the seller leaves me feedback. I've actually had jerk sellers msg me asking me to give them feedback when they haven't even left me feedback yet. ppffttt!!!!!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
When I win an auction, I pay immediately after the auction has ended(then again, I usually wait till the last 20 seconds to place a bid).

What bothers me though is when the seller waits for me to give them feedback before they give me feedback. The way I see it, I'm the buyer & obviously "pay" first.. so the seller should leave feedback first. I refuse to leave feedback as a buyer until the seller leaves me feedback. I've actually had jerk sellers msg me asking me to give them feedback when they haven't even left me feedback yet. ppffttt!!!!!

Exactly.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
I'm the same way.

As a seller on ebay i always try to get the package to the post office that night just to get it on its way. It drives me crazy to have someone waiting for a package because i know how much i hate waiting for stuff. And Yes exactly people should pay instantly its not like you dont know when the auction ends! Lets get this show on the road lol. Im dieing here waiting for the multicart 161 in 1 i bought. It has that stupid fucking global shipping that has no tracking once it hits canada and they pre charge you for customs... blah.. the second it comes in the mail though all is forgiven lol

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
To keep my seller discount, I have to offer 1 day shipping. When I was selling quite a bit would be at the post office 5 days a week. Thankfully the post office is just about a 1/4th mile down the road.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Buyers should leave feedback first if they are happy with the item and the transaction is over. Paying is your minimum responsibility as a buyer. If you pay then are a nightmare to deal with, why should you get a positive? Not that it matters much because it's either positive or nothing but still...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Buyers should leave feedback first if they are happy with the item and the transaction is over. Paying is your minimum responsibility as a buyer. If you pay then are a nightmare to deal with, why should you get a positive? Not that it matters much because it's either positive or nothing but still...

artworks-000037488300-aikbeu-crop.jpg