Monitor Blur

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I installed a new flyback on my monitor today, and when I turned it on the picture is blurry. I tried adjusting the monitor, but it is only clear when the contrast is turned down very low. This wouldn't be an issue except that the picture is very dark because of this. I was told when I bought the cabinet, that a cap kit had already been done, so I don't think this would be the problem (it may still be though). Plus the monitor can get very bright, but blurry, so I think it's getting plenty of power. Are there any other things that might cause this.

There is also a light hum coming from the monitor, but I'm not sure if it's normal.

Last edited:

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Lol, I was just going to say that I found the focus. I have never actually worked on a monitor before and didn't know where the focus was. I remembered there were two knobs on the flyback and went to check them and now the picture is beautiful. Thanks FA-MAS for the quick reply.

Forgive my noobness.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I would adjust the screen volts too (lower pot) whilst you are at it.
Increase until you see the phosphors illuminate then back it of slightly to "black level".

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Already taken care of. When the whole cab is complete I'll post some pics.