Mod team updates

dbarrett0928

Banned
review editor

Hey shawn, if no one volunteers or you guys cant find anyone ill pitch in for editing reviews and whatever else that needs to be done...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Well, Takumaji is clearly a great choice.
Now Bobak :lol:

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Wes said:
If you need anybody to mod the online section, I'm there. I usually spend a lot of time there anyway, and it'd be cool to coordinate online tournaments and whatnot.

This definitely sounds good, Online tourneys for the site----I'd be all over it especially after 2k2/2k3 gets online for the box.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Well, Takumaji is clearly a great choice.
Now Bobak :lol:

Bobak is a pimp. I cant hate a man that double blings me.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I think creative section is long over-due an active moderator.

What exactly is missing in the creative section that you'd like added?

I update the creative section whenever new art is sent to me, and try to immediately delete any spam when I see it.

Suggestions?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Atrophyed for the Portuguese forum! If he doen't accept it, I will take it :emb:

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think I can be of help as a moderator for the Spanish boards, please contact me if you guys need me :)

Regardz

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Shawn said:
Also, this thread is not intended for the sign-ups, that time will come later. I was just hoping that some of you would share your ideas on what positions should be opened or created. Can be related to any section on Neo-Geo.com, or a section that you feel should be added.

;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'd like the review section updated every few months (or at least yearly)

also, I would like a game of the month feature

I think we could manage that couldn't we?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
roker said:
I'd like the review section updated every few months (or at least yearly)

also, I would like a game of the month feature

I think we could manage that couldn't we?
I really like the game of the month idea. Hmmm...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i think i should be the mod of the forums. why:

1. i am king of post count. wasabi cheated and thieved from many members to get his back up after i demolished his soul and ate his babies (posts).

2. that is basically the pinnacle of ownage this board has seen. no penis pic, photoshop edit can compete with raping someone of thousands and thousands of posts. for this i should be mod of the waroom (and all the rooms) and maybe given free items from the neo store.

3. i can use babelfish so foriegn languages are E-Z.

do basically i can mod everything. even make me the price guide guy i dont care i will just look up all the prices around the world and update it every hour.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Neo Mike said:
What exactly is missing in the creative section that you'd like added?

I update the creative section whenever new art is sent to me, and try to immediately delete any spam when I see it.

Suggestions?

Its kind of sad that us nerds that hang out in creative dont really even need a mod.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Its kind of sad that us nerds that hang out in creative dont really even need a mod.

Haha. Its even sadder when the creative mod gets called out for not gettin stuff done!

lol

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:
i think i should be the mod of the forums. why:

1. i am king of post count. wasabi cheated and thieved from many members to get his back up after i demolished his soul and ate his babies (posts).

2. that is basically the pinnacle of ownage this board has seen. no penis pic, photoshop edit can compete with raping someone of thousands and thousands of posts. for this i should be mod of the waroom (and all the rooms) and maybe given free items from the neo store.

3. i can use babelfish so foriegn languages are E-Z.

do basically i can mod everything. even make me the price guide guy i dont care i will just look up all the prices around the world and update it every hour.

Listen you phoney saint. The only reason I haven't eaten your soulcount is because I already know well what it tastes like. But if so inclined, I could absorb your insignifcant power.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'd enjoy helping with keeping up the reviews, if anyone cares. :mr_t:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Much needed reviews.....
KOF94
KOF02
KOF03
SSV & SSV0
SvC:Chaos

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
The reviews and collection sections should get an active member of the forums to have access to update them. It seems Bobak and Joe don't have the time to actively manage those sections like they did in the past, and given Bobak's new responsibilities I'd say at least adding a helper for reviews is needed.

The online section expanding would be good, KOF2k2/2k3 coming out with Live play will be a boon to the discussions going on here. I think when that comes out it's going to be very good for SNK players in general. A mod who is actively into playing fighters online would go a long way to organize the section around playing those matches, getting things going. Maybe we could get things organized to a level that we're recording matches being played by members and putting it up for discussion, ala what's going on now for 3S at over at FatGuy's Forum. Wes would be perfect for this.

I think D-Lite has very good suggestions on consolodating the forums, as we really do have a lot going on right now. I do think the international forum getting broken out into sub-forums again is kind of annoying, but since I don't use that section if that's how the members who do post in International like it, then keep it as is.

I'm also with Amano in creating an "SNK" forum along with consolodating the many Neo forums now. Basically it could be a forum to discuss SNKP's new games on Atomiswave and the subsequent ports that we'll be playing.

Robert

20 Year Member
I don't think we need a mod per international forum. I don't know how things are going on in the other languages, but the french one is "self modded" if I can say it this way plus the amount of message is not big enough.

One for all the forums is enough.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
JHendrix said:
The reviews and *collection* sections should get an active member of the forums to have access to update them.

A good idea that's already been taken care of. :)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I don't see much of a problem with modding currently. Most of the spam is kept to the non-productive threads.

This site could most benefit from some basic housekeeping. I don't think we have any reviews for any newer games, I'm sure people have written them, but they've not been put up.

A NGPC section would be great. Topics like US releases, JPN, Euro ect...

A Hyper section would also be great albeit smaller.

I gave up my collections pages to Abasuto, I just haven't had the time with college the last 2 years. Anyone that is in Engineering at college or anyone that has been it can understand that school is my entire life for 4 years. :(

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Much needed reviews.....
KOF02

I have a long one done, I just haven't sent it in b/c I don't know if it will get posted or not...

Q-