mint >=< mint

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Given that we have many "new" categories for the condition scale, I've decided to make a thread so we can chime in and help each other out to sort out the tangled mint web.

I shall begin:

Necro Mint: similar to an aborted fetus, necro mint is so mint it has never even been given a chance to live. Stifled on teh_shelf, necro (aka "dead mint") reeks of factory chemicals and is free of all personality.

Friendly Mint: It's few flaws are charming and full of character; Fruity with a strong pepper finish

Curiously Strong Mint: loose insert sleeve and not more than two scuffs on teh front of the cart or three on the reverse

Chocolate Mint: Melts in your system, not in your hand™

Spear Mint: Crisp, clean and totally unsunfaded

Royal Mint: Applies to Euro U11 and Kizuna only, rare games in like new condition

Please Chime in with your responses, We need everyone's help to understand the changing neo paradigm in regards to mint condition.

Thank You.

Last edited:

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
This is great for you home cart collectors, but who is looking out for the MVS scene?

We need some sort of idea of what level of cardboard degredation and discolouration is acceptable if a game is to be considered Velum Mint and so on. I think the scope of this thread needs broadened.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Franklin Mint: A near mint item reformed to become a shimmering example of pristine cart excellence due to the excessive cleaning, waxing, buffing, shining and impeccable storage tactics of an anal-retentive buyer who feels that his game collection is a materialistic extension of his penis.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
These just in:

Jackson Mint: Lots of whitening around the Insert and a very loose cart.

La Bamba Mint: Cart rattles a lot more than usual

Don Quixo Mint: In one light, cart is scratch free, in other lights, cart has many scratches

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Money Puzzle Mint = How to describe cart condition in such a way you can sell it for more than you bought it for

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Minty Fresh Mint: Slightly Freaked, still smells of cheap cologne.

UPS mint: cart arrives shattered and at double the price.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Dr.NeoGeo Mint: So mint you can actually see the scratches and insert flaws.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Surprise Mint: So mint, it arrives with some unwanted surprises that the seller didn't know about.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
New Mint: Well its new so it should be mint right...but that SNK logo has ripped the back of the cart a new one.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
rimm_rs Mint: Your game will be delivered by a flying pig

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
The last two almost made me choke to death on jello, I was laughing so hard.

SSS

neo retired
Neo Bomber Man said:
rimm_rs Mint: physical impossibility

rimms_rs mint: All atoms are intact, no missing molecules. Label is aligned perfectly parallel with the edges of the cart down to a millionth of a millimeter. The weight and size of the solder on all the pins must be the same size. The insert must show no signs of fraying through an electron microscope. The manual must have no dot matrix ink spot out of place. The plastic baggy must let the same amount light to pass through evenly in all places. etc....

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Picture Mint: Only mint in the sellers picture, when you show pictures of the product when you've received it, it is no longer mint.:very_ang:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Dr.NeoGeo Mint: So mint you can actually see the scratches and insert flaws.

That asshole wouldn't know what mint was if it was a creature that jumped up and bit his bellend. What an asshole... whom I shall greatly enjoy prosecuting for fraud :D

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
rimm_rs Mint: Your game will be delivered by a flying pig

that is without doubt the funniest thing I've read for a loooong time around here :tickled:

Even SNK never made a cart that satisfied his rigourous demands... despite the high turnover in QA technicians in the Osaka office :rolleyes: :loco:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Parcel Force mint - hell the quality is so good we decided to charge you an extra $150 for the privelige of delivering the game to you

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Igniz Mint: CDR's have cases and original memorex inserts with black permanent marker labelling.

Venturis Mint: Neo Geo my have joystick, included game new

TooShort Mint: 7 US and 7 JPN copies (just to be sure)