Minis glued on carts ... wtf

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Well I bought 3 games not long ago from Japan. Paid 24 a pop with the mm included... so not that bad right.
Anyway I got them the other day, get them out of the box and.. surprise !
The freakin minis are glued to the carts. I don't know who in the right mind will do such thing. So I got real mad coz they are glued like champions! Has to be moment glue of some sort as they aren't budging. Worst part is they are stuck over the screws so no way to open carts without cutting them.

In the end I popped them in my 1 slot and I guess it doesn't look that bad as for me this is only way to look at the MM (no cab).. but still wtf was the guy thinking.

Spoiler:
WP_20150122_001.jpgWP_20150122_003.jpgWP_20150122_006.jpg

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I kinda like this idea, wish Ihad more minis

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
LoL....You think that the marquee is stuck to the cart now! You use a heat gun and the marquee will infuse itself into the cartridge shell.....
BB

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Kinda dumb they're glued on, but it wouldn't bother me that much to be honest. I'd take an x-acto and just trim out the circles for the screw holes. At the end of the day, they're MVS carts; they're meant to be in a cab, not kept in mint condition.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I wonder if they were actually glued or just stored somewhere very hot and they simply just fused together

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'd first try to determine first the type of glue used. Some glues are solvable with simple water, some other require more powerful solvents. Anyway, the guy is an idiot. If he wanted to stick the MM to the cart, using adhesive tape would be enough and nothing gets damaged.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I wonder if they were actually glued or just stored somewhere very hot and they simply just fused together

At first I thought the same as you but they turned out to be glued very well.

I tried to razor a little at the corner but the glue is epic! I gave up on trying to take the minis of as all I will do is damage either them or the cart. I will leave it like that for now as the carts work and look mighty fine. If I got to open them for some reason I will do just as Skate said :)

Last edited:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I doubt the seller glued them, arcade ops back in the day were known to do strange things and glueing the MM to the cart wouldn't surprise me.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I doubt the seller glued them, arcade ops back in the day were known to do strange things and glueing the MM to the cart wouldn't surprise me.

better than just tossing them if this is this case.

edit : tossing the minis, was more the norm right? I mean otherwise loose carts would have them at least half the time?

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
If you're concerned about the heat gun, you could always boil it for a minute. I've used the method before. And it works really well on beer bottle labels too!

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
They're glued; I have one just like it. Two strips of glue long ways right at the mini marquee edges. I started trying to lift a corner, but then realized it's just going to sit in my cab anyway like Skate said.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
If you're concerned about the heat gun, you could always boil it for a minute. I've used the method before. And it works really well on beer bottle labels too!

First you want me to melt my cart.. now to boil it :keke: I can only imagine whats next :eek:

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
First time I see someone glue them on a cart, crazy what some people do.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You could also try using a hair dryer. It won't get the plastic soft and it should loosen up the glue on the mini to the point where you can easily peel it off.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey, it works man.
His concern seems to be that he wants to keep both - the cart shell and the mini - intact. If he were to use your method he'd have to damage the minis to reach the screws to remove the PCBs inside the shells... unless you suggest boiling the PCBs, which is a chance I wouldn't take.

Also:
Spoiler:
BWAgrEN.jpg

Last edited: