Metal slug 6 for ps2 released

laurie

Zero's Tailor
I have to say that I was initially impressed all round for the first 2 stages but then it just seemed to get a little tiered. Dropping in on the first stage I thought the grasses looked good and the birds flying past were cool. Second stage was good too although I didn't like the scaling on the boss. Then new aliens swooping in was a nice surprise, but then the surprises stop. Not much more variation, bland level design. I dont think the new specials add much to the game as the are essentially the same as using the knife but look different.
Music I thought was very good.
And how come Ralf gets 2 hits? what did Clark get thats so special? Am I missing something?
Nevermind, its a damn site better than metal slug 3d anyway.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
laurie said:
And how come Ralf gets 2 hits? what did Clark get thats so special? Am I missing something?

Ralf can survive two hits due to his infamous quote, "I can survive anything, even nukes!" I read somewhere. Clark has the argentina backbreaker I believe.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
laurie said:

They all have certain abilities.

Marco's standard pistol is very powerful.
Tarma is master of the slugs (haven't used him much yet)
Fio is master of the special guns, and starts of with a heavy machine gun (hard mode)
Emi's grenades go much further than the others and I think are more powerful.
No sure about Clark. Will look later.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Emi also starts with 20 grenades, and I believe each grenade pick-up gives her 20 more. She can also throw them directly up buy holding Up when you throw them.

I keep hearing about Clark having the backbreaker but I sure as hell havent seen it yet.

laurie

Zero's Tailor
I did notice Fio starting off with the machine gun, does not seem as useful as 2 hits per life though. I will see if I can get Clark to do his back breaker, I know Ralf has his multi hit punch from KOF dont know what its called sorry.
I thought it was Eri not Emi, or is there an engrish issue?

hanafuda

Ron McRae said:
I keep hearing about Clark having the backbreaker but I sure as hell havent seen it yet.

Press up + R2 when in close, or up + R1 and shot (square), if you like things more difficult. Has quite a bit of invulnerability.

I notice Tarma always gets vulcan fix when he is in/on a vehicle.

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
With Morden the aliens and the lack of the MS5 slide it almost seems like they choose to forget about the last 2 slugs and made a real sequel to MS3. Yeah you could complain that the bg’s are a bit bland at times and I prefer the music in MS5 but its still a lot of fun.

I was damn happy to see this option
Image0918-0230S-Video.jpg

Image0918-0233S-Video.jpg

Sepeh

Crossed Swords Squire
That Korean version, which Play-Asia and other online stores are selling looks kinda cool, because it has that Cup Set and it's cheaper than original NTSC-J version.

hanafuda

laurie said:

Ralf has very weak shot power, and when he picks up a special weapon, he only gets a pitiful amount of ammo.

Clark seems to be a good all-rounder, and his back breaker has a healthy amount of invulnerability.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
not to mention that if you want the highest score possible (if you actually play for score, anyway), you pretty much have to use Clark. You get increasing bonuses for doing a backbreaker on another enemy while you still have the invincibility from the first one, and combine that with up to the x16 point value... yeah. Clark's for the people who play the game too much and want to go for a high score.

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
Do we expect a US release of MS6? Don't want to import if it'll come stateside eventually...

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
tenfresh said:
Do we expect a US release of MS6? Don't want to import if it'll come stateside eventually...

No, it will not be coming stateside.

Sony USA does not want any more 2D games on the PS2, however, there is a rumor that MS6 will be included in Metal Slug Anthology on the Wii. Don't hold your breath on that one though (unless there's been some more info pertaining to this that I am unaware of).

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
tenfresh said:

Yeah, MS6 for the US is a no-go as of right now. You're better off getting the Japanese or if you wait a bit the European version will be coming out.

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Is there progressive scan support or just interlaced picture?

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Random question, but did anyone else order MS6 (or anything for that matter) from yesasia.com? I'm just wondering how long the free shipping from them usually takes. Thanks in advanc.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
wow, just downloaded the game and I gotta say, it would be nice if it had progressive scan, or even true Widescreen support for the millions of us with HD WS Sets, but, I will say Im happy as hell it has BLOOD AND it works off of HD Loader 0.8b Perfectly so far, so Im happy as hell! and WoW the music sounds great for this slug!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
Sony USA does not want any more 2D games on the PS2

I think it's more SNKUSA more than SCEA, considering they were going to bring over ReBout but for some reason had trouble doing so.

I have a feeling the PS2 might turn out like the PS1 when it was in its last years; Gunbird (Mobile Light Force), Shienryu (Gekioh Shooting King), etc...I can only hope so.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
GeoStigma said:

Sony USA does not want any more 2D games on the PS2

there's a rumor that Sony USA has changed it's stance being that the PS3 is going to be their main focus, they might start allowing companies to throw their 2D games on the system in order to support the system.

never say never

JDIAMOND

n00b
MS6 is fun!!

I think MS6 is a fun/creative game..it's no MS3 though.
Polished old school fun.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
wow, just downloaded the game and I gotta say, it would be nice if it had progressive scan, or even true Widescreen support for the millions of us with HD WS Sets, but, I will say Im happy as hell it has BLOOD AND it works off of HD Loader 0.8b Perfectly so far, so Im happy as hell! and WoW the music sounds great for this slug!
I never took you for a downloader. I thought you were a purist.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
not good not nad. i think i still find msx the best.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
GeoStigma said:

Sony USA does not want any more 2D games on the PS2, however, there is a rumor that MS6 will be included in Metal Slug Anthology on the Wii. Don't hold your breath on that one though (unless there's been some more info pertaining to this that I am unaware of).

What about other platforms like the XBOX? Any word? Seems they released 3, 4 and 5, no 6?

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Neo Alec said:
I never took you for a downloader. I thought you were a purist.

Well, hmmm... Honestly, nowdays technology allows me to download to try before I buy (and quite fast at that), so thats what I do. If I find the game to be worth my time and I really love the game I certainly do buy it just to support the company and thier work that they do and I just play the backup so the original doesnt get scratched.. I bought a ton of games, but if they end up being a pile of garbage or just too boring to bare, then I dont mess with it anyways. I am not one that supports piracy at all.