Metal slug 6 for ps2 released

sammaz

Quiz Detective
Just awesome!!!...

I have a ps2 and Xbox inside my Neogeo MVS-2 ...got to say I like it the best off all the slugs...primarlily because of no slow down...its really smooth...and given the new hardware they even have some nice bullet patterns for the shmup fans!!!..

plays perfect on a standard 2-player (4) button neogeo cab...so cool...just went through it on hard mode ...it would cost about 40.00$ to beat it in the arcades at my skill level...lol:cool:

Timorous Scott

Raiden's Valet
So I got my copy of MS6 today, complete with the two coffee mugs. They look pretty nice, although one had a chip in it, oh well.

Here is my question...I got to the end of mission 4, and then said 'to be continued' and game over. Why wouldn't it let me go on to mission 5? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it took me 5 continues just to get to that point...

edit: 8man is...the man. Time to play on hard.

Oh and if anyone wants to i'll take pictures of the mugs later.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I really imagine that I would have bought this game already, but since I heard it is on the Metal Slug Anthology I will gladly wait until that comes out on the Wii.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I really imagine that I would have bought this game already, but since I heard it is on the Metal Slug Anthology I will gladly wait until that comes out on the Wii.
Yeah, that kind of sucks. America and Europe always get off cheap with the collections. I think I still want the regular PS2 one. I have the other 5 on Neo Geo.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
sammaz said:
Just awesome!!!...

I have a ps2 and Xbox inside my Neogeo MVS-2 ...got to say I like it the best off all the slugs...primarlily because of no slow down...its really smooth...and given the new hardware they even have some nice bullet patterns for the shmup fans!!!..

plays perfect on a standard 2-player (4) button neogeo cab...so cool...just went through it on hard mode ...it would cost about 40.00$ to beat it in the arcades at my skill level...lol:cool:

Ok you got my intrest, how did you hook up your PS2 inside your cab to play Metal Slug 6. I guess this is the only way to get Metal Slug 6 with Blood and playing in my Neo-Geo cab to make it feel more like a Neo-Geo. So hows it done? I just gotta see that and then play that myself. :)

jajaja

n00b
Already beaten the game twice, great game! :) I Also think the grass visual in the begining was great, dont remember that from any other Metal Slug games. Anyway, get this game, recommended! :D

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Well, my copy finally came in the mail yesterday, 2 weeks+ from when I ordered it. Damn you customs, damn you.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
So does this game support progressive scan? I won't have access to a TV that supports it till monday.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
JDIAMOND said:
I think MS6 is a fun/creative game..it's no MS3 though.
Polished old school fun.

Ditto

I have only played it once cause only just bought it
but, first impressions as above. its awesome fun and makes rmmeber the good old slugs. Only having played it once I can say this.... as i remember clearly never having this feeling when i played 4 and 5 only once a while ago.
X still the best, and 3...but this is good fun. deffo worth a try....you dig

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
GeoStigma said:
So does this game support progressive scan? I won't have access to a TV that supports it till monday.

NOPE!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Games that support progressive on the PS2/GC/XBox platforms are rare. It would be very surprising to see a 2-D game that supports it.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Whoa! If I didn't know any better, I'd say the sprites are cleaner looking than previous versions. The colors look much better, too.

You have to squint to see the screenshots, but from what I have seen -- the sprite shading is more detailed and the backgrounds are smoother. Not bad; I might buy a copy.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
NeoLord said:
Whoa! If I didn't know any better, I'd say the sprites are cleaner looking than previous versions. The colors look much better, too.

You have to squint to see the screenshots, but from what I have seen -- the sprite shading is more detailed and the backgrounds are smoother. Not bad; I might buy a copy.

I have to agree, after playing this it certainly looks better then previous slugs.

pellucidity

Rugal's Thug
Neo Alec said:
Games that support progressive on the PS2/GC/XBox platforms are rare. It would be very surprising to see a 2-D game that supports it.

Most games on the Cube do - the hard part is finding component cables.

tomboy2k3

NEST Puppet
10 years later... :D

So what is the actual price for the Korean Version of MS6 with the 2 mugs

Alright, a Korean version of Metal Slug 6 for PS2 is going to be released on the 18th.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-77-2-49-en-15-metal+slug-70-1l2j.html

It comes with a limited edition MS6 mug.

PA.73963.022.jpg

After the pre-order is complete, they won't be giving out any more mugs.

If you are into collecting shit like this as I am, you better pre-order it right the hell now.

I WANT THAT MUG!!:up:

fryster

n00b
Can't believe this. Would sell my copy with mugs instantly, if this is the real actual price.