Metal Slug 3 (XBOX) - Playable Demo in Latest OXM!

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
SO this game is coming out in 2 days?

Is this actually going to be out in 2 days though?

Or 2 months/years/centuries? :rolleyes: :make_fac:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I'm buying it even though it's already on the xbocks.

I'm buying it to support the company, so we can see more ports (hopefully fighters) to xbox live. Plus I can't support them by buying $300+ new releases. SS5 for $475 was enough. :emb:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I stopped by EB today and they told me that the game was shipping today. They are hoping to have it tomorrow. He told me to check back after 1pm tomorrow.

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I played the demo at Target yesterday, the game plays pretty well, although the sound is a little bit faded. But, it is a good alernative, if you don't want to pay the high price for the AES cart.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I picked it up yesterday.... it is pretty much arcade perfect.

One issue though, continues start you at the beginning of the level you are currently on, so it is going to make the game tough to beat, especially on level 5.

You cannot continue where you are at any given level, you have to start over.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
This is sort of nitpicking, but I did notice a slight sound problem when fighting the boss in level 2. The noises that the aliens make when shooting the fireballs at you sort of cut out for a little while. They cut back on soon after, but I just thought it was a little strange, as I don't remember anything like that every happening on the NGH version that I've got.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Thereverend said:
Does the final Version give you 5 credits to beat the game with or was that just for the demo?

You get 3 credits for each game, with 5 tries on each level. If you continue, you start at the beginning of the level you started on. :oh_no:

It is making the game very tough!!

Thereverend

Banned
I hope this doesn't expand to the fighters on XBOX.

I dread fighting Rugal in 2k2 with only 5 credits.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I hate to be one of the "underwhelmed" few, but I think I will stick with my NGH. I played the Japanese MS3 version over at a friends house. I do not know, I just wasn't impressed. Granted, I hate Metal Slug 3, but still...

It is kinda the same way I feel about The Last Blade 2 import. It is fun, it has blood, and looks like the NGCD version at least, but meh, it is just not the Neo.

I think, like someone else said, the aesthetics are part of it. There is just something about poping that huge cart into your system, no load times, and playing with an old style stick. Nothing like it.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Someone remember if scores are saved in the demo (xbox/ps2), and what the challenge unlocked?