Metal Slug 3 released on PSVITA PS3 and PS4

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, you about summed it up. Whe nit came out, I was thinking, "Wow, metal slug meets RPG." And, it kind of is... which makes it way too slow paced. After about an hour of play, I had my fill.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Well for bang the buck, Metal slug Anthology is definitely a good buy. I got my copy for 20 bucks, making it about $2.85 per game so cant beat that. Besides some annoying loading times (ie whenever you scroll though the character select) I dont have any major problems with it. Im not sure about other people, but one thing that bothers me about the PSN and Xbox live neo games is they all have these animated borders around the image which annoys me to no end. Ive refused to buy PSN neo games as a result. Plus they're usually older games that are relatively accessible anyways.

Anybody have any thoughts on the samurai shodown anthology for ps2? Or really any of the compilation ports for ps2?

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
My main problem wit the Wii version I had was that it didn't feature Classic Controller support. Because of that I couldn't play it with my Tatsunoko vs Capcom arcade stick and was limited to the wii remote held sideways.

Out of curiosity, how do you play a 3-button game effectively on a sideways wiimote? Sounds awkward at best.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
I think it plays great on the vita, hopefully more to come!!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Metal Slug played oddly well with a GameCube controller.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Out of curiosity, how do you play a 3-button game effectively on a sideways wiimote? Sounds awkward at best.

The button mapping on the Wii (if I remember correctly) was button 1 shoots, button 2 jumps, A button for grenades.
The Wii Virtual console ports support Classic Controller input and can remap buttons from the main game menu.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Got the ps3 version. Plays great, looks like shit, and forces the system to output 480p, what the fuck.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Maybe for a new release of MS3, they could split the last level into two levels. That would make it a better game. They should always add something to it, when they release it on a new system.

Metal Slug 3 is fine as it is. Don't change a winning formula. Don't even talk about it :vik:.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Don't let elitists get you down. That's a pretty decent port considering what it is. All the PS2 single ports were OK as well. Much better than any other ports before it. However emulation wins over any port you can think of.

I've been pretty happy with it, 20 bucks for 7 games i cant complain too much. At least there's blood with the anthology version so thats a major huge plus for me. Just doesn't feel like Metal Slug without the cartoony blood. Whenever I see the white blood spew i think of the android from Aliens lol. One day I'll keep me an MVS copy or AES copy to compare. For now ignorance seems like bliss.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
$15 for MS3 on PSN seems stupid expensive. If it were $5 I would've gotten it. Maybe. But $15? Seriously? Seeing gameplay footage made me want to own the game so I bought it on MVS here in the market place. Should have it in a couple days. I own the anthology for Wii and PSP. Wish I had it for PS2 but it sells for a lot I think.
Anyway. Getting MS3 for MVS then led to buying MS4.
Now I have MS 2, X, 3 & 4 for MVS which means I need to buy 1 & 5 for MVS & MS6 MVS even if it is a rom hack/boot. I also just got an AES and a NEO CD which means I need to get at least 1 Metal Slug game for each one of those consoles.

See how this shit works out?
It's absurd and I really don't care. Need to feed... Need to consume it all!!!

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
$15 for MS3 on PSN seems stupid expensive. If it were $5 I would've gotten it. Maybe. But $15? Seriously? Seeing gameplay footage made me want to own the game so I bought it on MVS here in the market place. Should have it in a couple days. I own the anthology for Wii and PSP. Wish I had it for PS2 but it sells for a lot I think.
Anyway. Getting MS3 for MVS then led to buying MS4.
Now I have MS 2, X, 3 & 4 for MVS which means I need to buy 1 & 5 for MVS & MS6 MVS even if it is a rom hack/boot. I also just got an AES and a NEO CD which means I need to get at least 1 Metal Slug game for each one of those consoles.

See how this shit works out?
It's absurd and I really don't care. Need to feed... Need to consume it all!!!

I agree $15 is a fucking rip off...$5 would be a fair price, $10 would be pushing it...$15 is retarded. Metal Slug anthology for ps2 is pretty pricey on places like ebay, I would suggest trying to find a local game shop that has one. Its not super common but its not incredibly rare or anything either. I managed to find a copy for $20 bucks, and they had a sealed copy for $30 which i probably should have pickedup but im not really into buying sealed games and hording copies. For ps2 and original xbox games local used game shops can have some decent prices. For older systems, especially nintendo ones they tend to gouge though.