Metal Slug 3 boot?

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Alright,

First off, let me apologize for my camera. The thing SUCKS!

Anywho. . .I just recently purchased a copy of Metal Slug 3, and I'm fairly sure it's a boot. I got it for a bootleg price, and the thing was gross inside and out. I fired up the cart and it appears to be working just fine.

Here are a copy pics of the boards:

100_0218.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0213.jpg

100_0212.jpg

I know the pictures are terrible, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and post them anyway.

The thing that really makes me think this cart is a boot is the fact that there was a small piece of Styrofoam in the cart, presumably to keep the two boards separated. I have removed the board for the time being. The Styrofoam piece is off to the right in one of the pictures.

Thanks in advance for the help.
- Matt

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Bootylicious, and the styrofoam is the last indicator. There is nothing in that cart made by SNK.

cheers,
-DT

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
dogtoy said:
Bootylicious, and the styrofoam is the last indicator. There is nothing in that cart made by SNK.

cheers,
-DT
Hot damn. I was holding out hope, but I was pretty sure when I was buying it that the cart was likely going to be a boot (I paid $25 shipped for the game). It will have to do until I'm willing to drop 100 bucks on the real thing.

Thanks for the verification.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
the flash chips give it away immediately.

cheers,
-DT

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry to say again..

Yep Boot..

100 bucks>is that what the going rate for a legit MS3 cart is these days?
Shoot,I might even sell my own if they were that high..