Metal Slug 1 Exploding Soldiers Flying Toward Screen

ConstitutionalCommando

New Challenger
So I was playing Metal Slug 1 last night and I noticed two enemy soldiers flying toward the screen. They exploded out of a building or something and they increased in size as they were flying toward the screen. This is the first time that I've seen this animation and maybe its because I'm getting better at the game and destroying more of the buildings or something. I've only played the game about 15 times all the way through. Does anyone know what causes this animation to occur or what triggers it? Are there more animations like this? I played through the game again and the second time only 1 soldier flew toward the screen.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
What are you talking about? It always happens in Stage 3 after you blow up the soldier building sub boss, unless I'm going nuts.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
As far as I know,the number of guys flying toward the sccreen is random and I'd like to believe that I trigger that affect by.. can't remember...I have to double check but everytime I believe I allow the soldier to run into the building on fire without interruptions I trigger that reaction everytime....I have to double check...was playing it not too long ago chcking for bad M1 chips...
I wish that affect would have happened in alot mor areas of the game and in other installments..
BB

ConstitutionalCommando

New Challenger
As far as I know,the number of guys flying toward the sccreen is random and I'd like to believe that I trigger that affect by.. can't remember...I have to double check but everytime I believe I allow the soldier to run into the building on fire without interruptions I trigger that reaction everytime....I have to double check...was playing it not too long ago chcking for bad M1 chips...
I wish that affect would have happened in alot mor areas of the game and in other installments..
BB
Ok, so I've seen 1 , 2 , and 3 blown up solders flying toward the screen. I'm pretty sure the there are a few different different animations. I saw two soldiers who filled up both halves of the screen and they were screaming in my face for like a second of two. It felt like they were just floating there while screaming. Totally different animation as compared to the regular explosions where 1, 2, or 3 soldiers blow up and you can see them much smaller flying toward the screen before they disappear.