Metal Slug 1, 2, X and 3 for GBA cancelled

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
According to Famitsu, all Metal Slug arcade port titles in development for Nintendo's Gameboy Advance have been scrapped. That includes Metal Slug 1, 2, X and 3. There is no definite reason provided for the cancellation, but it's most likely due to the release of Metal Slug Anthology and Complete for Nintendo's Wii and Playstation Portable that are coming out soon.

Discuss.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
No big suprise. Still would have been cool though.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
That's too bad. I'm not mad about it for me, but think about all the kids who might have been exposed to these for the first time had they come out...

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Why :crying: All i wanted was Metal slug 1 in my Pocket, is that so much to ask.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
No surprise whatsoever, but does that then mean that Final Fantasy VI is going to the the last GBA game ever?

According to Famitsu, that is the only GBA title announced that hasn't yet been released.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
MS1 disappeared from the release lists a month or two ago here in the UK. Was hoping to pick up the US version. Anyone know if this is just the Jap version cancelled? Seems a bit silly to can a game due out in little over a month, but who knows.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
fuck. ms1 was the most of the reason i bought a goddamn micro. who wants to buy a micro?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
No surprise whatsoever, but does that then mean that Final Fantasy VI is going to the the last GBA game ever?

According to Famitsu, that is the only GBA title announced that hasn't yet been released.

Do you mean FF V? I'm kind of confused myself. I don't think it will be the last GBA game though. Ygdra Union or whatever is coming out eventually.

hanafuda

Weevus said:
Do you mean FF V? I'm kind of confused myself. I don't think it will be the last GBA game though. Ygdra Union or whatever is coming out eventually.

FFV is already out. FF VI is out on the 30th of November, and after that, there is nothing at all listed in Famitsu for the GBA :crying:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
FFV is already out. FF VI is out on the 30th of November, and after that, there is nothing at all listed in Famitsu for the GBA :crying:

But I thought FFVI was on the DS as III.

mungrin

Panko KING,
Isnt it pretty obvious?Who buys GBA games anymore anyway.Maybe it will be made for the DS instead?I didnt even know they made GBA games anymore.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
mungrin said:
Isnt it pretty obvious?Who buys GBA games anymore anyway.Maybe it will be made for the DS instead?I didnt even know they made GBA games anymore.

Solid titles have been sporadically popping up lately....mostly due to Atlus.

There is such a huge solid library already though. Enough to last YEARS. So much I haven't played that I am trying to catch up on.

Sucks about MS1 though...i didn't even know there was a plan for the others.

GBA was really the last 2D-only handheld console...everything after this is gonna' suck...at least for us old people who can't move on.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Not once did I ever expect anything other than 1 to see the light of day.
Kinda weird that they would cancel 1 too, tho.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Not suprised in the least. I haven't heard of any GBA games here in the US for a while. Who knows with the release for the PSP, they may end up releasing it for the NDS.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
Solid titles have been sporadically popping up lately....mostly due to Atlus.

There is such a huge solid library already though. Enough to last YEARS. So much I haven't played that I am trying to catch up on.

Sucks about MS1 though...i didn't even know there was a plan for the others.

GBA was really the last 2D-only handheld console...everything after this is gonna' suck...at least for us old people who can't move on.

Agreed. GBA is one of the best systems of all time. There's a ridiculous amount of crap, mostly kids games, but so much great stuff too. I'm thinking about picking up FFV for an good RPG experience.

hanafuda

Weevus said:
But I thought FFVI was on the DS as III.

FFIII and FFVI are totally separate games.

Also, as for GBA games, Rythmn Tengoku is a recent example of a new game, and one that sold very well too.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:

Nintendo should port those never-seen-light-of-day SFC titles to GBA :P

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Gamestop/EB says its still will have Metal Slug 1 for the GBA on December Second.

I didnt even know that the others were in the works...would have been awesome to have some metal slug X action on my DS lite..

mungrin

Panko KING,
If it did come out on GBA i would buy it,but i would play it in my DS because the screen is clearer on my DS.Ill admit that when DS came out i was a hater and it didnt really appeal to me and i stayed with my GBA until my wife got a DS Lite and when i held it,i was in heaven.The controls felt perfect,it plays all GBA games and has the same battery life as the GBA.

Im getting the antholgy for my PSP though.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hell yeah the ds lite really makes you want to play all the old gba games again..it really brings out some of the details lost by not lit/sub par lit screens.

this just makes me worry about the future of cardfighters ds... ill be pissed if that gets canned next.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
On Ataris release schedule for Europe it sais it will be out on January 18th.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I didn't even know these were prospective releases. Ah well, I'm hoping for DS releases with stupid gimmicks that N fanboys will jerk over.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Actually Super Robot Taisen 2 OG comes out for the GBA on the 20th not to metion the fan made English patch for Mother 3

www.mother3.org

Also "Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis" and Polarium Advance is coming out this month too.
I also read an article that the ESRB has rated the "Bit Generations" line of games.

Last edited: