Matrix 4.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Holy shit I forgot the big brother transitioned too. Thought it was only one.

edit: Speed Racer is one of my favorite movies of all time, but after that (2008) I never saw any Wachowski movie. Oh looks like only two - Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Acsending.

Last edited:

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
This could go either way. I love how enigmatic the first half of the trailer is. New Matrix with modern CG, drones and such to capture action sequences could be breathtaking.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Holy shit I forgot the big brother transitioned too. Thought it was only one.

edit: Speed Racer is one of my favorite movies of all time, but after that (2008) I never saw any Wachowski movie. Oh looks like only two - Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Acsending.

Jupiter Ascending had some neat ideas but that’s the only good thing I can say about that.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Unlike most other modern sequels/remakes/reboots, this is one franchise where the original sequels had already burned up any goodwill I had for it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Jupiter Ascending and Cloud Atlas were exercises in directorial wanking.

Or I guess in Lana's case, bean flicking.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, zero interest. The original one was a terrific action movie with (at the time) state of the art special effects and the Philosophy 101 jerk-off sessions, while irritating, were more flavor text. Like what a stupid person thinks a smart movie is. The fact that the sequels quadrupled down on that shit was a big part of why they were such bloated failures and why I'll likely never see this or any other attempts to revive the Matrix.

Neat that they cast Mindhunter/Hamilton guy (Jonathan Groff). He fits very naturally in that universe. Neil Patrick Harris? Less so.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hope this movie kicks ass. I hope it defies expectations. Hollywood has sucked dick for a few years now, let's have a Great movie again please.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah I'll watch it, hopefully at a cinema! I have very low expectations for hollywood films anyway so I won't be too disappointed if it's trash.

I hope this movie kicks ass. I hope it defies expectations. Hollywood has sucked dick for a few years now, let's have a Great movie again please.
To do that they would actually need to take a risk.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
There was only supposed to be one Matrix movie, not four and counting. Reloaded has some great setpieces but Revolutions jumped the shark for me, not optimistic on 4.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There are great action sequences in the sequels but I tend to agree: the first films stands on its own and whatever story they were trying to tell grander than what we saw in the first movie fell a little flat.

I just watched the trailer and I’m curious enough to go see this.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Matrix 2 and 3 are absolutely horrible movies. They're nearly all exposition except the exposition is mostly pretentious psychobabble on top of pretentious technobabble that doesn't really go anywhere. And the few action scenes we do get have no stakes because Neo is too powerful for anyone to be a credible threat and they spend most of their time concocting reasons why he has to be somewhere other than where the plot takes place because he'd solve all their problems too easily.

So yeah, this is going to suck.

Also the action sequences in Matrix 2 look like they were rendered on a Dreamcast.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i agree, but there was no way to top Matrix 1. 2&3 were destined to fail no matter what. Matrix 1 had so many unknowns that made it interesting. 2&3 explained everything which just made it worse. They turned out alright given those circumstances.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
i agree, but there was no way to top Matrix 1. 2&3 were destined to fail no matter what. Matrix 1 had so many unknowns that made it interested. 2&3 explained everything which just made it worse. They turned out alright given those circumstances.
You don't have to top the first movie to be a successful sequel. Aliens is not a better movie than Alien but it's still awesome.

Matrix 2 and 3 are just bad movies, irrespective of the first.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Also the action sequences in Matrix 2 look like they were rendered on a Dreamcast.
God yes, they were embarrassing back then and they're laughable now. That awkward period where they were defying the laws of physics and making everyone look like low res gummy people. I remember wanting to walk out of the theater when there was like a 15 minute rave/sex scene.

Fucking garbage.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Wait a minute... I thought this was directed by the trans one, now I'm reading that they're both trans?

That's more than a bit odd.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
lol Lonesage pointed that out in post #4

The Wachowskis are hipsters.

They were trans before it was cool.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just like how Keanu Reeves is clearly going into contract negotiations with film makers and basically saying:

"Ok, look whats this one about? Im a hitman and basically the baddest assest one ever? OK thats fine but I'm not gonna shave or comb my hair."
"Ok, look whats this one about? Im a resurrected innanet messiah? OK thats fine but I'm not gonna shave or comb my hair."
"Ok, look whats this one about? Im literally a tumbleweed in the new 3D animated Spongebob movie? OK thats fine but I'm not gonna shave or comb my hair."
"Ok, look whats this one about? I'm an older Ted Theodore Logan and I gotta save time again? OK thats fine but I'm not gonna shave or comb my hair."
"Ok, look whats this one about? Im a roboticist that loses his family and can clone them? OK thats fine but I'm not gonna shave or comb my hair."

And every single one of those film makers is like: "Yeah... yeah man thats fine. Whatever you say Keanu."

BTW that's not a dig on KR. Love the dude and his movies, and he seems like a genuinely nice/humble person. I just think its funny how he's got enough hollywood clout now that he can pretty much do that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He's come a long way from telling Steve Martin that his youngest son has been jerkin it.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Quite a has-been, The Matrix I mean.