Matrimelee; I will die on this hill...best Neo Geo game ever!

oh yeah...can't wait for the 8 views this brings lol. Cant a man just talk about Matrimelee?
If you know it only brings 8 views then why not just post these under one umbrella thread instead of starting a new clickbait titled self promoting thread every other day?

Shit how about meet us half way and only start one umbrella thread each month so you arent constantly pooping your new advertisement threads all over the forum.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I’m fine with a discussion thread for Matrimelee, haven’t had one in forever.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Garou has furry vibes? The fuck are you talking about?
The name: “Mark of the Wolves”

For reference, see the twilight novels, that kind of wolves

(Yes I know the Japanese title for Fatal Fury is Garou Densetsu which translates to Legend of the Hungry Wolf, but we’re not speaking Japanese now, are we. Fatal Fury scrubs the wolf references out which is for the best.)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm (almost) with you awbacon. I freaking love this game. Plays fantastic. Awesome and quirky as fuck roster. Solid graphics. Great music (I mean, really, how many fighting games have sugary songs about aliens, heavy metal anthems about being fat, and some depressed woman singing about her cold french fries?). Everything about it just reeks of personality.

Best Neo game ever though? Can't say that.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The name: “Mark of the Wolves”

For reference, see the twilight novels, that kind of wolves

(Yes I know the Japanese title for Fatal Fury is Garou Densetsu which translates to Legend of the Hungry Wolf, but we’re not speaking Japanese now, are we. Fatal Fury scrubs the wolf references out which is for the best.)
Lolol that’s a big leap

Terry dresses up as a Fox on the weekends?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Right? I'm still laughing at this. If the mere mention of the words "wolf" or "wolves" turns you on...? Dunno what to say.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Right? I'm still laughing at this. If the mere mention of the words "wolf" or "wolves" turns you on...? Dunno what to say.
Real talk

What is each characters animal from MotW then? I mean Tizoc is a bird after all. Maybe he’s onto something!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I like this game just fine but gameplay wise…not a lot to love. The graphics are nice, difficulty insane from what I recall.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I bounced right off ROTD, so when I saw that Matrimelee was so similar and had the same dev team (essentially) I skipped over it entirely when it came out.

I've played Matrimelee in the intervening years, but did nothing to hold my interest. Being old and jaded doesn't help either.

It's undeniably quirky and charming, but so is Waku and I don't think either of them are particularly good. But each game has its own cult following and I get it.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I know a guy who’s most favourite Neo geo game of all time is Waku Waku 7.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I bounced right off ROTD, so when I saw that Matrimelee was so similar and had the same dev team (essentially) I skipped over it entirely when it came out.

I've played Matrimelee in the intervening years, but did nothing to hold my interest. Being old and jaded doesn't help either.

It's undeniably quirky and charming, but so is Waku and I don't think either of them are particularly good. But each game has its own cult following and I get it.
Just finished editing my Waku episode for this fall last week

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fatal Furry: The HMG Story

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'm kinda surprised by the RotD hate in here!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I might be the only person to hear that actually liked groove on fight power instinct 3. That’s the best of the series in my opinion.

Never really cared for Matrimelee

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
This fall? Geez, you’re a friggn TV station. What do you have planned for sweeps week?
Just two decades of filmmaking / editing. So I can get a 13 part series (planned for 13 at least) done in three days. Play one day, edit second day, voice over third day.

Should be fun. I’m sure everyone will hate my picks LOL

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I might be the only person to hear that actually liked groove on fight power instinct 3. That’s the best of the series in my opinion.

Never really cared for Matrimelee
This^.

Honorable mention to part 5, on Type2X. That one is the sleeper hit of the last few meet ups.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
This^.

Honorable mention to part 5, on Type2X. That one is the sleeper hit of the last few meet ups.
I’ve got that sitting under my desk because I had to play it and not on Windows