Market Rules Discussion/Feedback Thread

aria

Former Moderator
This is the official thread for discussing changes to the Market Rules that govern the Market Forums. Opinions are welcome, but for the sake of keeping this thread lean and efficient, unproductive posts will be deleted.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
For 5.3, would you consider adding "mini-marquee" in additional to artwork / manuals? There are incidents in which several members were selling fake MM as real ones.

aria

Former Moderator
INfintido said:
FA = For Auction

kitkit.com said:
For 5.3, would you consider adding "mini-marquee" in additional to artwork / manuals? There are incidents in which several members were selling fake MM as real ones.

Good suggestions/clarifications. Added.

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
Can we have a provision that people like myself that do not meet the minimum posting requirement, but that have made sales with 100% positive feedback in the past, can be grandfathered in?

Or has that 100 post thing always been there and I just missed it?

Rakukojin

n00b
What about those with feedback on other forums? For instance, imagine if I had a bunch of feedback at other forums like SRK or places like eBay but none here. If I wanted to sell something expensive like a mint Pulstar AES cart here because no one is interested in any other places, I would have to ship first but it would make me feel uncomfortable to ship a $500+ cart before receiving any payments. Couldn't the buyer just confirm that the seller matches the feedback on other forums by sending an email or PM there? Or at least just pay half first and half later when it arrives?

I ask because I have lots of feedback elsewhere, but none here. I know people can steal other people's feedback by creating a username here the same as the username elsewhere, but it just takes a simple PM to confirm if its the same person (I speak from experiences of being scammed before confirming).

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Rakukojin said:
If I wanted to sell something expensive like a mint Pulstar AES cart here because no one is interested in any other places, I would have to ship first but it would make me feel uncomfortable to ship a $500+ cart before receiving any payments.

Well, it would probably make most buyers uncomfortable to purchase such an expensive game from somebody who has no proven track record of selling Neo Geo homecarts. Most homecart buyers are very sensitive about condition/completeness, and pictures don't always reveal everything.

Ultimately it's up to the buyer, of course, and there may very well be somebody who would be willing to purchase your cart without requiring that you ship first. However, that set of buyers is considerably smaller than the set you would have if you had some feedback.

(and, to me at least, ebay feedback is essentially worthless)

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Lochlan said:
Well, it would probably make most buyers uncomfortable to purchase such an expensive game from somebody who has no proven track record of selling Neo Geo homecarts. Most homecart buyers are very sensitive about condition/completeness, and pictures don't always reveal everything.

Ultimately it's up to the buyer, of course, and there may very well be somebody who would be willing to purchase your cart without requiring that you ship first. However, that set of buyers is considerably smaller than the set you would have if you had some feedback.

(and, to me at least, ebay feedback is essentially worthless)

That's a wise post. I do check to see what other items sellers are responsible for... never quite put it in that frame of mind consciously. I never dealt much in home carts so I didn't consider the importance.

I would have said something similar to your second paragraph, but not as friendly.

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
More payment methods

I think sellers should offer more payment methods as western union and others, they should consider that there are lots of buyers who can pay what they want, but in some parts of the world like south america is not that easy to get a credit card or a banc account, i have done transactions trough western union in great deals with respected members of these forum and never have any problems, and also if i am the one that is going to send the money to the seller how am i suposse to scam someone.

Stop the payment method facsism.

:lol:

Greetings

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Annatar said:
Stop the payment method facsism.

:lol:

Greetings

Hello!

It's not a problem except that you have to find the WU place and go get your money.

It's only a suspect method of payment when someone says they'll only accept that as a seller.

RJ

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Edit selling post.

I cannot seem to edit my selling post in Neo for sale section, there is no problem in other sections.

I need to update my For Sale list.

Thanks

Steve

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I cannot seem to edit my selling post in Neo for sale section, there is no problem in other sections.

I need to update my For Sale list.

Thanks

Steve

I'm guessing your'e referring to your post with teh MVS carts that was originally posted a month ago. It seems that, after a month, one can no longer edit a post. Hope this helps!

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
I'm guessing your'e referring to your post with teh MVS carts that was originally posted a month ago. It seems that, after a month, one can no longer edit a post. Hope this helps!

Ok thanks, maybe I should close it and open a new one.

Cheers

Steve

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yes open a new one. They did this so that the feedback system can refer to a thread that an item was sold. If we were able to keep editing the thread then it would make no sense to point the feedback to the thread.

Plus a new thread looks nicer.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
That's about right....more or less 32 days after initial post. I can still edit my posts from May 24th but not May 23rd to this exact time.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I dont want to open a can of worms, but since we do have the ZDTF/Arcade forum and it's somewhat running, can we have a reference to it in the rules? Section 4 mentions the Neo Wanted, Neo Selling and Everything forums, but not the ZDTF/Arcade forum.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I dont want to open a can of worms, but since we do have the ZDTF/Arcade forum and it's somewhat running, can we have a reference to it in the rules? Section 4 mentions the Neo Wanted, Neo Selling and Everything forums, but not the ZDTF/Arcade forum.

not entirely necessary since ZDTF is a part of Everything Else, and therefore subject to the same rules.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
is there any chance of getting the trader ratings to show in zdtf? or renaming zdtf?

Tallahassee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rules seem very clear and very fair to me. I can't wait to be able to post my own thread to talk about a cabinet I am about to buy since this is my very first time dealing with anything Neo-Geo and this site is sucking me into the culture very fast.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Referencing 2.2. Any user who wants to sell or trade through the forums shall meet the following requirements: they shall have been a member for at least one month and/or have a post count of at least 100 posts. Any user attempting to take advantage of the non-Market forums to meet these requirements will be subject to action by Moderators and Administrators.

Is that essentially saying to not spam non-Market forums to acquire 100 posts? Or does one need to post strictly within the Market forum in order to gain 100 proper posts? Just seeking a little clarification as I was pointed to you fine folk from another site when I decided I was going to thin out my arcade collection and would like to do things proper and start things off right :).

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Is that essentially saying to not spam non-Market forums to acquire 100 posts? Or does one need to post strictly within the Market forum in order to gain 100 proper posts?

Outside.

Spamming in the Market isn't tolerated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The site isn't made to help people thin their collections as much as it is a community for people to discuss things. If you want to contribute to those discussions, go ahead. After a short time you will find that you can also thin your collection. However, member access to the market forums is not a priority of the mods.

Posts here in suggestions or in the market will not be added to your post count.