Market Rules Discussion/Feedback Thread

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Bobak is right, this is a social forum first which is why I hate it when people register and go straight to sell in the market. We want people to join the community not just leech from us.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What is the consensus on leaving threads open with final selling prices? It's a two edged sword;

If you leave the thread alive with the final selling price, it helps future sellers to appraise what a similar item is worth; on the other hand, it creates spam for people who want to buy new listings of that item. If you delete the sold item, it helps the buyers get relevant results, but hurts the sellers, because they have one less method to appraise their game.

Some forums have their own policy to delete stuff.

The arguement might be that there are several ways and places to appraise games, but the more information you have, the better.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Honestly I think it's best to leave the prices in the thread and once all sales have completed in that thread it should be locked by the mod. The mod gets the notification from the OP in the final post to lock it or edit the thread title and add SOLD at the end to signify it needs to be locked.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Agreed with XX.

If your thread is active and you don't want the clutter just move the sold stuff to the bottom and keep the prices.

There has been numerous times when I wanted to check or reference a price in a recent that I remember seeing and everything in the thread has been deleted or the prices erased and everything just listed as sold.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Agreed with XX.

If your thread is active and you don't want the clutter just move the sold stuff to the bottom and keep the prices.

There has been numerous times when I wanted to check or reference a price in a recent that I remember seeing and everything in the thread has been deleted or the prices erased and everything just listed as sold.

THIS.

I use NG.com, for better or for worse, to check what price I should be listing at. I HATE it when I finally find a thread and the seller has deleted the price. It would be awesome if we made it a requirement to keep the price and locked the thread when it was sold.

I think I just typed exactly what I quoted but I'm in such agreement that I am going to reply anyway!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Mods - How about a separate sub-forum for auctions? Many other gaming forums do it and it doesn't clutter one forum as much.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I've never deleted nor altered any selling thread after the item(s) sold.

I just edit the title to include "sold" at the end, then put "sold" again at the top of thread.

Doing so just seems like common sense to me.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I've never deleted nor altered any selling thread after the item(s) sold.

I just edit the title to include "sold" at the end, then put "sold" again at the top of thread.

Doing so just seems like common sense to me.

You are but one shining star of hope in a dark world full of editing evil sellers that wallow in the filth of their own market referencing obstruction.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I think it is in poor taste, & should be AGAINST THE RULES to cruise someone's selling thread & PM an interested buyer along the lines of, 'hey-I have this game cheaper...you should buy mine.'

This just happened to me, & was perpetrated by a long-standing member whom I thought had more class than that.

I mean, we frown upon folks thread shitting right?

In my opinion, what happened to me is worse.

Someone PMs me, 'hey- I want your game! Great price!'

I return PM w/ my ppal infos.

The next PM I get is, 'hey, member x saw your thread & offered me the game too inexpensive to pass up. Sorry.'

This just stinks. If you have something for sale, start your own thread. Not only are my prices fair, I'm trying to fundraise for my Mom's cancer treatment.

Bababaloo

n00b
I do need some help and I don't know where to post.... ?
1/ Where do I acces the rating ? Because a seller which whom I did conclude 2 sales refuse to ship me the second items (or give me no more news) because I didn't leave him a positive feedback ?!

Please help !

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you go to the sales thread it is at the bottom of his avatar where it says feedback score, you can click on the number and go from there.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I do need some help and I don't know where to post.... ?
1/ Where do I acces the rating ? Because a seller which whom I did conclude 2 sales refuse to ship me the second items (or give me no more news) because I didn't leave him a positive feedback ?!

Please help !

Wait, are you saying that someone refuses to ship an item to you because you haven't left him positive feedback on a previous transaction?

Who is the seller?

The feedback system is NOT mandatory and if he has your money then he owes you the item you paid for. He can NOT hold it to try and extort feedback out of you.

Feedback in an optional tool that we like to see used, however its not required and he certainly has no right to try and force you to use it.

SSS

neo retired
If this is true, that's complete BS. Feedback is not a requirement for completing a transaction. In fact most of my deals here with members were never entered in the feedback system.

I'm not sure I understand the seller's logic in this. I mean, let's say you leave him positive feedback for the 1st item and get the 2nd. You could then leave him negative feedback saying he held your purchase hostage. Pretty stupid.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, if you look at his feedback score, the only seller he's gotten a feedback from is Tomcat.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I think I know the answer to this, but are you subject to bans/penalties if you serve as a proxy for someone else to sell something? That is, if you list it under your name and stand behind the transaction and take responsibility for it? I am guessing yes, because that's not building the community.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I think I know the answer to this, but are you subject to bans/penalties if you serve as a proxy for someone else to sell something? That is, if you list it under your name and stand behind the transaction and take responsibility for it? I am guessing yes, because that's not building the community.

FUCK KNOWS... Grey area...

.../Move on... nothing to see here...

xROTx