Magician lord

konrad

Marked Wolf
I had a time saved in a good place the magician lord of mvs and I get the following screen.4hc7C5C.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The board isn’t reading the cartridge. It’s acting like it’s not inserted.

Clean the cartridge pins with isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips. Don’t insert the cartridge all the way down. After you insert it, pull up gently on each side to where the cart is still reading but it’s not fully down.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Clean the cartridge pins with isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips. Don’t insert the cartridge all the way down. After you insert it, pull up gently on each side to where the cart is still reading but it’s not fully down.

Word

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

More specifically, the P ROMs aren't being read, those contain 68000 code. Without that, games cannot boot, doesn't matter if all the other rom chips are working correctly.

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
The game worked perfect before I saved it.

First of all do a high properly clean on cart pins and slot mvs pins.

In last like HMG says, seems P chips of Cart are dead. they are necessary for bootup the game and when it fails happen this.

You can fix it programming new memorys with info but you need programmer and knowledges for do it.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
P roms can be checked with multimeter?

No, you need a logic probe to tell if the data, address or control lines are working.

Only problem there is that can’t really tell you if the data isn’t corrupted, only if specific signals are bad entirely.

What you could do is burn new P ROM files to EPROM and individually change out the originals and see which is bad.