Magician Lord... NGPC?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Think how lame it'd be if everyone had neo pool master and last odyssey roms. No magic left.

The magic is in the discussions people have about a game, secrets/easter eggs surfacing and high score challenges.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Fuck it, if I paid big money for something one of a kind you can lick my balls if you think I'm dumping it for what shred of neo community there is. What is community anyway? You mean on rom sites In less than two weeks and all over google? Great.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
The magic is in the discussions people have about a game, secrets/easter eggs surfacing and high score challenges.

It's a pretty much unplayable prototype but hey let's dump it and devalue it just so everyone on the internet can walk left and right for a bit.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
Fuck it, if I paid big money for something one of a kind you can lick my balls if you think I'm dumping it for what shred of neo community there is. What is community anyway? You mean on rom sites In less than two weeks and all over google? Great.

I was going to share a dump of my Dodonpachi Campaign Ver with you Kernow. But now, I don't think so.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Although, I guess I *could* dump it and spend years blathering on about how I did it for the community in a completely selfless act. Wanting nothing but constant praise and attention for doing so but ever more reminding people it was totally selfless, hmm.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Although, I guess I *could* dump it and spend years blathering on about how I did it for the community in a completely selfless act. Wanting nothing but constant praise and attention for doing so but ever more reminding people it was totally selfless, hmm.

If you say you only want nothing but constant praise and attention then it isn't a selfless act.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am glad I am not the only person who doesn't give a crap about protos that will never see completion.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Interesting stuff. To be honest I've never actually played magician lord. Proto's are good for a look but they're unfinished, they're pretty much useless.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Interesting stuff. To be honest I've never actually played magician lord. Proto's are good for a look but they're unfinished, they're pretty much useless.

I am glad I am not the only person who doesn't give a crap about protos that will never see completion.

I guess that's why NCI had to hire someone to finish programming TotC.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Have to say that this would've been a very intriguing and interesting title. It's a shame it wasn't finished.

As for the dummy that wrote the article, the "A" is probably for Alpha build.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
A really polished sequel to the original is on the list of my most wanted games that they never ended up making. I'm not fussed if a ROM never gets posted up since it's incomplete to the point that I wouldn't be missing much beyond what the videos/pics are already showing. Still nice to see the bits that they did manage to get done and how the original designs transferred over to the pocket.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They made it from scratch, probably never had a prototype version.

I agree, it looks like they tried to recreate a lost proto. Nothing in the finished product looks like the original screenshots, nothing.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, that's true. It definitely doesn't feel like a neo geo game.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I agree, it looks like they tried to recreate a lost proto. Nothing in the finished product looks like the original screenshots, nothing.

It's this statement that really displays NCI's faux importance in the 'scene'. If you're going to make things up you may as well be reduced to a homebrew dev.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
And it looks like they don't have possession of WotF after all.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's this statement that really displays NCI's faux importance in the 'scene'. If you're going to make things up you may as well be reduced to a homebrew dev.

Don't forget to buy that Crouching Tiger game. Horrible.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Real or faux, it's still cool to see ML on the pocket.. And, yes it would be cool to have it via emulation since SNKP won't probably do anything further with it.

In this day & age of 3D remakes that are starting to look as good as their original 2D counterparts (Double Dragon Neon, JoJo's Allstar Battle I'm looking at you) SNKP should really consider taking some of their more popular oldschool IPs and create a 3D PSN special remake. Tell me how awesome a 3D Sengoku or Victory Road would be?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's a shame this wasn't completed. From the description, this could have been one of the best games on the platform. The system could have used a few more games with a little more meat than your average arcade game.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I owe a few SNES and Gameboy prototypes from gamepro,etc. magazines. They're interesting, but the ones I acquired, are also ones others have as well. I dumped my versions with my flasher for GB and my gamedoctor for SNES. However, a prototype of that caliber should definitely be "pcb scanned" and have a full walkthrough via youtube done. Like the "chinese kat" said, that's a trophy for nerds right there (why dump it), but the data surrounding it would be great. I can do reproductions, and I would definitely make a repro of that game if I got my hands on it, so with that said, dumping it now might be a bad idea (dump it now, but wait a few years before releasing it is also an idea). I have a Capcom vs Snk Cardfighters 2 ENG repro right now, so they are completely possible to do.

I would kill for a portable windjammers, etc. (besides my psp or 3ds capable system of course). My issue with Neo Geo X is that it's just basically emulation. It's like playing a MAME system, you lose the "insert game here" ideology.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Warlocks of the Fates

And it looks like they don't have possession of WotF after all.

I don't mean to be a smart ass, but "technically" they have until midnight tonight before we can begin to assume that. Reason being they state "September 2012" for the "reveal" on Warlocks of the Fates.

It is not October yet!