Magical Drop V by Gogolith Studio

Dakki

n00b
Magical Drop V is scheduled for PC this fall. I feared that the series was doomed to smart phones, until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYgOZ35hpMs

The only thing we know so far is the game is supposed to have an arranged soundtrack, online play and some additional characters from an unreleased Data East game called "Ghostlop".

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
"you pick a character based on a zodiac symbol..."

lol, yeah sure.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
It's coming to XBLA at a "budget" price according to
Ignition games. And rumors suggest that ghostlop will be included.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I hope the AI gets much harder than this. Any experienced MD player would have beaten someone playing as badly as P1 in literally under 10 seconds.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
If you play as a Ghostlop character, you actually play Ghostlop. So you can have people playing Magical Drop and Ghostlop against each other and send blocks back and forth between the 2. I am really excited to see how they mix the 2 games together and how they balance the attacks. I hope this means that you could in theory play HD Ghostlop if you only picked those 2 characters. This has so much potential, I really hope they do both these game justice.

Dakki

n00b
My concern is the speed. Magical Drop F (MD4) was fun, but the disappointment for me was the speed of the game play. MDV should be on par with MD3 in terms of balloon breaking speed and the speed at which the balloons float to the top if there is space between them.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's probably hard for the guy to be making a running commentary while he's playing though.

My concern is the speed. Magical Drop F (MD4) was fun, but the disappointment for me was the speed of the game play. MDV should be on par with MD3 in terms of balloon breaking speed and the speed at which the balloons float to the top if there is space between them.

I'm more concerned about the slow lateral movement speed that I saw in the video. If that's how fast a person moves when they're in "panic mode" then I might just end up sticking with Magical Drop 2 or 3.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
How 'bout someone makes a deal with those guys and bring it back to were it belongs?

*yeah i know pretty unrealistic* - not technically but monetary-wise

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
anyone heard any more info? I stumbled upon this while looking at avatars on Steam and was pretty excited. MDIII is probably my favorite neo game and always has a permanent spot in my cabinet. Looks like the characters are true to the MDIII art style as well. I can't help but feel for the first time in a long time that a revived neo geo series might actually be good! And 4 player co-op leads me to believe online play and hopefully some leaderboards. I'm pretty excited!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Seems to be canceled or PC only now. My guess is that the quality just wasn't up to par. The game looks finished in the videos, but perhaps the gameplay or graphics didn't do the earlier versions justice. That's what happens when you farm these classic franchises out to no name studios. It's too bad. I was really looking forward to a legit release of Ghostlop in some form.