M2 Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli (Switch/PS4)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Today, M2 announced that it’s bringing Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli to Switch. The “Toaplan Arcade Garage” series shoot ’em up collection is due out for Switch in Japan on October 28.

Here’s a rundown of what’s included:

Included in Both the Physical and Digital Editions

• Kyukyoku Tiger (arcade version)
    • M2 Gadgets, Super Easy, and Arcade Challenge
  • Tiger-Heli (arcade version)
    • M2 Gadgets, Super Easy, and Arcade Challenge
  • Kyukyoku Tiger (two-player arcade version)
  • Twin Cobra (western arcade version of Kyukyoku Tiger)
Included in the Physical Edition + Downloadable Content

• Get Star (arcade version)
  • Guardian (western arcade version of Get Star)
  • Kyukyoku Tiger (Famicom version)
  • Kyukyoku Tiger (PC Engine version)
  • Kyukyoku Tiger (Mega Drive version)
  • Twin Cobra (NES version)
  • Twin Cobra (Genesis version)
  • Tiger-Heli (Famicom version)
  • Tiger-Heli (NES version)
Source

Official website

Switch:

PS4:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Pretty cool, but can we please get Kyukyoku Tiger 2? The Saturn game is over $200 now.
Go funky cold Medina mode, and get teh repro-

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Tempted. I could go the F3 multi cart way too

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
From which game is the video's bgm? I legitimately don't remember any Airwolf sounding music tracks on Tiger Heli and Twin Cobra.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Twin Cobra rules. I'll buy it for that alone as I know I'll get dozens of hours out of it.

On the other hand I find Tiger Heli to be a bit annoying to play. Lots of sniper tanks, shots only go a little ways, support choppers need to be babysat to keep them alive, etc.

Anyone familiar with Get Star? I can't say I've ever seen that one before.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Twin Cobra rules. I'll buy it for that alone as I know I'll get dozens of hours out of it.

On the other hand I find Tiger Heli to be a bit annoying to play. Lots of sniper tanks, shots only go a little ways, support choppers need to be babysat to keep them alive, etc.

Same here regarding Twin Cobra, but I like the idea of the double pack. It would be awesome to see M2 release a Thunder Dragon 2 and Arcadia / Rapid Hero release like this in the future too.

Apparently trap15 is a fan of Get Star, he posted about it on the shmups forum thread. Probably worth a shot, is the dlc included with physical version or an extra cost on both digital and physical?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Horrible game, but no Kyukyoku Tiger 2?
I was wondering that myself. Apparently M2 announced that they'll release nearly every game by Taoplan, but KTII is made by Takumi. Even though it was former Toaplan like Raising, Gazelle, CAVE etc. the current owner of Toaplan IPs has probably not the rights to games from any of Toaplan's offshoot companies. Too bad.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I was wondering that myself. Apparently M2 announced that they'll release nearly every game by Taoplan, but KTII is made by Takumi. Even though it was former Toaplan like Raising, Gazelle, CAVE etc. the current owner of Toaplan IPs has probably not the rights to games from any of Toaplan's offshoot companies. Too bad.

I think I'd care more if it was a good game. It didn't feel like the original at all and it was a product of its time with unnecessary cutscenes and voice acting.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
From which game is the video's bgm? I legitimately don't remember any Airwolf sounding music tracks on Tiger Heli and Twin Cobra.
It's a remix from the main BGM of Tiger-Heli.

It's a pretty decent side-scrolling beat 'em up that was sadly Toaplan's first commercial failure.
Pretty cool, but can we please get Kyukyoku Tiger 2? The Saturn game is over $200 now.
It would be cool to see Twin Cobra II re-released but that's up to Taito and whoever has the game's rights, as Takumi doesn't exist anymore.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Just picked an original up from Japan for a decent price at least with regards to today’s current pricing