Looks like awful solder job?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
That's dried up flux, guy did a piss poor job cleaning it up.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
That's dried up flux, guy did a piss poor job cleaning it up.

Thx for the clear up, never saw dried up flux before. I think i might pass on this one. Who knows what kind of a job he did on the soldering itself.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, if he can't be bothered to clean that mess up I wonder how skilled his soldering is, and that chip looks like it has tiny pins so it needs someone good to do it. I probably couldn't get it done myself.

Bill Kilgore

Yeah, if he can't be bothered to clean that mess up I wonder how skilled his soldering is, and that chip looks like it has tiny pins so it needs someone good to do it. I probably couldn't get it done myself.

Exactly my thoughts. That kind of soldering is definately not in my skill range. It's tempting to buy though, seems not to expensive for that game. Does anyone know the actual value of a good working board of this game?

Bill Kilgore

Vendetta is like a $80-$90 game dude...

Really? Awesome, i must get my hands on a board ASAP then! This will be easy to hook up in my Simpsons arcade machine.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Wow, it takes what? All of 2 seconds to get a qtip and some isopropyl rubbing alcohol and clean that up. Yea whomever did that was lazy as fuck.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That guy should be selling this at a reduced price unless he cleans that flux up. Certainly a lazy job.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just use some 3M Novec Flux remover but I would reflow that chip with some liquid flux and a wave tip to make it nice first before cleaning it all up.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
I wouldn't be surprised if Vendetta gets more expensive as seems like a lot of Konami and Sega arcade pcbs are jumping in price. I personally would like to get my hands on some rare Konami pcbs like XEXEX and Dark Adventure.