Looking for scans

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
As I`m doing a little project involving the MVS inserts I wonder where everybody got their (front) scans from.

I want to redo all the inserts I have/need according to 1 template so all my spines and fronts have the same size and position.

Because of the fact that most inserts have the meg count on top of the front scan I cannot properly cut and past those into a new insert. That`s why I need the scans.

So if you still understand what I need and can help me, you know where to find me :)

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Mkay, redoing the inserts turns out to go very well this time but I still need some good front scans.
Most of the scans from VGmuseum aren`t that good unfortunately.
Are there scans or pics to be found anywhere else or does someone have some?

At the moment I`m doing a KOF94, 95, Samsho 1,2,3,4 Puzzle bobble and a Turfmasters....

So if you have a good front scan lying around doing nothing and screaming my name: gimme gimme!!

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Ok last try,

there must be someone with some good links or scans himself?!?
I`ve got these babies sitting and waiting to be finished and printed:(

Even if you really don`t care let me know :D

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Fredscape said:
Ok last try,

there must be someone with some good links or scans himself?!?
I`ve got these babies sitting and waiting to be finished and printed:(

Even if you really don`t care let me know :D

I DON'T CARE!

Seriously though I can povide you with a good front scan of SS2 in about a week or so, other than that my SS3 scan got deleted tonite accidentally :(

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
great! no problems that it might take a while, I`m just glad I can get my hands on any scan....

Do you know any good links perhaps?

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Fredscape said:
great! no problems that it might take a while, I`m just glad I can get my hands on any scan....

Do you know any good links perhaps?

Not really, one thing you can do is download high res Shock Bocks inserts and just take what you want from them. Thats what I had to do with my Samurai Shodown 1 and 4 inserts, as well as Bomberman, Zupapa, and Kizuna.

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I already did take the existing inserts, just want to redo the spines and the front accoriding to one template.

So they look prettier on my shelf :)

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Fredscape said:
I already did take the existing inserts, just want to redo the spines and the front accoriding to one template.

So they look prettier on my shelf :)

Yea thats what I have been doing now is just editing already made inserts, changing them up a bit more towards my liking so all of mine look uniform on my shelf

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Decepticon said:
Yea thats what I have been doing now is just editing already made inserts, changing them up a bit more towards my liking so all of mine look uniform on my shelf

Do you use a template?

And do you or anyone know what font the meg count is?
Arial Black comes close but it`s not quite it ....

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Fredscape said:
Do you use a template?

And do you or anyone know what font the meg count is?
Arial Black comes close but it`s not quite it ....

I dont use a template anymore as I have found most of them to be off. generally now I just make each section on differens files then copy and paste them all onto the main image.

The measurements I use are:

Front:6.637 X 9.256
Spine:1.743 X 9.256
Back: 6.657 X 9.256

by the way here is the front scan for SS2
Samurai Shodown 2

Edit - the image is 12 megs so its far from dialup friendly.

Last edited:

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Ah cool I`ll use the SS2 image today :)

As for printing, I user cd cover ++ to print my inserts, besides almost all default cd and dvd templates you can create a custom
template.

Fits like a glove everytime....

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Glad I can be of service, actually found that image on one of my pocket drives so I am going through them all to see if SS3 is in there.