Looking for repairs

Miketage

n00b
Looking to get a MV1B board repaired, getting stuck on green screen can't see any obvious trace damage, removed battery and changed crystal. Seems outside my scope now and need some help. I've reached out to a couple places with no response so just putting this out in the open.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I dont think paying someone to repair an MV1B is worth it. MV1B's are pretty cheap since the market has been flooded by ones from china. The cost to get it repaired will probably be more then just buying another.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Shipping cost to and from is going to add up to about half the cost of a different board.

You can probably pick up a different 1B for about $40.

Miketage

n00b
I wound up ordering another one and aliexpress gave me refund on the first one. Sucks its nothing more than a paperweight now, the board looks to be in great shape otherwise and its probably something stupid.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Give it away for cost of shipping if you don’t want it to go to waste

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If you ever decide to sell it,drop me a PM. I'd like to take a look...
BB

Last edited:

Miketage

n00b
I'll mull it over. I'm gonna keep tinkering with it and see if I can figure it out. It probably is something stupid and somebody will wind up with a good deal because of my impatience...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Start your tinkering near the battery.The 32.768 KHZ or 4990 chip may need to be replaced or it could be a bad track in that area...
BB
I'll mull it over. I'm gonna keep tinkering with it and see if I can figure it out. It probably is something stupid and somebody will wind up with a good deal because of my impatience...

Miketage

n00b
I had already pulled the battery and cleaned everything really well. Didn't have any acid damage I could see, I changed the crystal too and still nothing. Either a trace I can't see or the chip I guess.