Looking for help with a MV1FZ

xunainers

n00b
Hello there!

Recently, i got an old MVS reproduction cabinet with a MV1FZ inside. It was missing some parts and it had a bad PSU.

So i gathered what was missing and got a working PSU, problem is when i turned it on all i got was a garbled screen with moving bars. :(

So, i took the board off and went to a friend that has an MVS cabinet and installed it there, but again all i got was this garbled screen...

He offered to test his board on my cabinet, and it worked out just fine. So i guess my cabinet PSU and wiring are correct.

Here is a photo of the screen: (The tube has a blue tint wich i could not fix yet)
9szv33d.jpg

Also, before creating this thread i took a measure of the 5V and 12V.

The readings where:

With the board connected : 4.35V and 11.72V
Without the board (only PSU) 5.07V and 12.10V

Well, with all being said i'm kinda lost and could really use any help of where should i begin.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
The voltages are very low.
(+5 v is very low)
Did you took those from the jamma ?

Is it just "blue tint" on the screen, or can you actually "see" the game?

How about sound, is there any sound at all?

Cheers

Last edited:

xunainers

n00b
Hey there,

For the 12v line i took it from the jamma connector.

For the 5v line i took it from both the jamma and the 5v test point on the mv1fz.

And yes, its just a blue tint on the tube. When i got to hook my friend's board to my cabinet, the image was all blueish.

I found a video of some guy with the exact same problem as i am having:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9fgle1JVw

Also, there is no sound at all.

xunainers

n00b
A "nice" update !

I gave the board some seriously cleaning.

First removed battery, discharged all caps. Then i shove it into a proper eletronics cleaning mixture, rub it with a gentle brush. Rinsed it with demineralized/de-ionized water. Shove it into my ultra sonic pcb cleaner, rinsed it again. Last i let it sit on my auto dry cabinet for 3 days.

Now if i turn it on, it boots and has sound! But the video... still no good.

It seens that its running horizontaly, i could be wrong. Anyway heres a video:
https://youtu.be/VEg7CP4nCrM

PS: I got a second mv1fz board, and its working on my cabinet.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Good news

That seems a sync issue for me

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Looks like you are missing H-Sync. There's a 74-series chip at location U2 that is responsible for buffering C-Sync, which is H-Sync XNOR V-Sync. You can trace back from that chip to see what signals are missing. That chip is to the left of the BIOS ROM:

MV1FZS.png