Lets see your computer desktop: 2013 edition

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Anything is better than windows server administration. Sure, I'm biased since I'm a linux sysadmin, but I occasionally have to fix security issues on windows machines and those days are the bane of my existence.

LOL at linux. I'm biased because the other PowerSystems run AIX.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Nope, you're one of two. I do 400 administration. I actually prefer it to the windows systems in our data centers. The way the OS meshes with the hardware is 2nd to none.

In a previous life, I did AS/400 consultation. I don't miss it a bit. It is still an amazing OS. The POWER Architecture is still absolutely amazing and years ahead of its time. I loved explaining to Windows and *ix guys that I could shut down everything or anything on the machine down and watch their jaws hit the floor.

Virtualization 30 years before popular adoption was awesome... SNADS, twinax, Paged Memory Disks and ALL SYSTEM Saves were not. ;)

I'm waxing nostalgic... I never thought I'd do that.

I still hate JDEdwards though.. what trash.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
a6002.jpg

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This has escalated into a nerd bragging thread. I love it.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
desktop-1_zps38c6495b.png

My spare laptop, I also have Ubuntu on this but don't feel like rebooting just for a screen shot.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I'd like to slightly amend my entry on the first page of this considering the nostalgic nature of some of these I'm seeing. I still have my 512K kicking which I used as a kid. I guess this isn't necessarily the desktop as the machine boots from whatever disk you put in as some of you probably know, but it'll work for this post. I always keep this disk in... one of the best and most difficult games (to play and to find) on the old 1st gen Macintosh. I'd be shocked if more than a handful of you have played it. I still love it! I know, I'm a shameless fanboy but as you can tell, I was brainwashed from a very young age. :D

512k_zpse6577fcd.jpg

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a chick as desktop.

dsktop_zps2c3923e0.png

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Nice PCOMM session. :)

That's just a random screenshot I came across, I cant put one of my personal screens up as nearly all of them have confidential and/or proprietary data on them. I've done quite a bit of alterations to my sessions and I can't share them as it may give away who I work for and more of my info than I'm willing to share.

VidKidz

n00b
That's just a random screenshot I came across, I cant put one of my personal screens up as nearly all of them have confidential and/or proprietary data on them. I've done quite a bit of alterations to my sessions and I can't share them as it may give away who I work for and more of my info than I'm willing to share.

Yep. Mine are the same way. I'm on the mainframe though and not the AS400.