Let’s talk NGPC in 2018!

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I don’t know if this has been posted here before, I’m too lazy to search for it. But Woozle, the guy who recently created the GBA consolizer has a page on his site dedicated to an NGPC consolizer. I’m not sure how far along he got with this prototype, but it’s looking really promising.

http://stephens-projects.com/projects/neo-geo-pocket-color-console/

I’ve been wishing for something like this for a while. I hope he gets to producing it!

That looks awesome. I want to play my NGPC more but this is what I’ve been waiting for.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I don’t know if this has been posted here before, I’m too lazy to search for it. But Woozle, the guy who recently created the GBA consolizer has a page on his site dedicated to an NGPC consolizer. I’m not sure how far along he got with this prototype, but it’s looking really promising.

http://stephens-projects.com/projects/neo-geo-pocket-color-console/

I’ve been wishing for something like this for a while. I hope he gets to producing it!

Wow! I hope this project gets the support it deserves. Can’t wait to see this one come to fruition.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Wow! I hope this project gets the support it deserves. Can’t wait to see this one come to fruition.

Totally. I'm hoping that if enough hype is generated, perhaps Woozle will get some motivation to pushing this through to the end. I'm on deck for his GBA Consolizer, which I've seen reviews of it saying it's pretty great. So I expect this to be equally awesome if it ever comes to light. fingers crossed!

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
backlit NGPC should be shipping soon. The seller on Etsy just sent me some images before he ships & they are looking GOOD.

Looks fantastic! But the $250 price tag is a bit hefty. AND you have to supply your own NGPC. Give some time, I’m sure this mod will be accessible.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That looks really impressive. Keen to hear your thoughts when you’ve got the unit in your hands.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
The screen quality and colors look great, but is there some kind of scaling going on?
Maybe it's an effect caused by the pictures, but it looks like the pixel size is uneven (like it happens in the GBBoy Color)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
that looks amazing. The price is a premium, but I didn't think that was even possible.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
It's too bad the screen he's replacing it with isn't the same size as the original. Also, it looks like there's some odd scaling of pixels in those images. Maybe because the screen isn't the correct aspect ratio?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It's too bad the screen he's replacing it with isn't the same size as the original. Also, it looks like there's some odd scaling of pixels in those images. Maybe because the screen isn't the correct aspect ratio?

BennVenn is working on anew drop in backlit LCD. Definitely something to keep an eye out for as he does good shit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

It looks like a bootleg GBA that I have. The issue there is that although the screen is of good quality, the resolution is slightly higher and the image is stretched to fit the screen. It looks okay with most stuff but text looks horrid on it.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
That scaling would bug me over time, looks pretty cool though. Hopefully the other solution being worked on doesn't have that problem.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I picked up a second one yesterday with 3 games.

One of them being Metal slug but I already have that so will flog it.

I plan on mod’ing this one with a front light.

Shinchan

n00b
I just bought a NGPC after giving up and selling mine twice before. I just couldn't see the screen. The BennVenn mod rumors is what prompted me to jump back in...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I picked up a second one yesterday with 3 games.

One of them being Metal slug but I already have that so will flog it.

I plan on mod’ing this one with a front light.
Which metal slug? The second one is a ton of fun and I prefer that one

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm waiting for the BENNVENN protos to be done, so he can start making more units. the backlit looks amazing, plus it's cheaper than the Etsy guy.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
^This! Bennvenn’s backlight Kit is a day one purchase for me.

Meezzio

n00b
After years of lurking around here I am glad I finally have a NGPC and am loving it with Metal Slug: First Mission. Timing is right to, with Benn Venn's LCD kit on the horizon and hopefully greater availability of the Neo Geo Pocket SD soon. What a time to have this little piece of greatness.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yup that back light looks great and I plan on getting one day 1 if I can!!