'Last Hope' Central thread

maldoror68

n00b
i'd like to say:

i have both last hope and dux on DC, i prefer LH.

done.

but it's a good idea to do a maximum games on MVS : piracy is more easier on dreamcast
(iven if it could be done too on MVS, but harder)

maldoror68

n00b
i can't wait the MVS version....:multi_co:

if anyone hear me at NGdevteam :

Please make some MVS Last Hope Pink Bullet....:help:

kingbuzzo

Zero's Secretary
just got pink bullets in the mail. A great improvement over the last dc release in my opinion. Much more breezy gameplay. worth the price

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
just got pink bullets in the mail. A great improvement over the last dc release in my opinion. Much more breezy gameplay. worth the price
why do some people say Last Hope is crap? the people who actually own it think it's a good game.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Is there any chance of doing another run of Last Hope AES? There should be another release of it, there is still a lot of demand for it. The demand is a lot more than the supply.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I don't know. I own it for Neo-Geo CD and I think it holds up really well against Last Resort / Pulstar...fun, nice graphics, good soundtrack, and quite challenging.

Then again on DC it seems a bit dated. Depends on the platform its on to me.

On Neo-Geo its impressive. On DC its just kind of stale feeling, given the improvements that could have been done. I think the DC version could have been given a big overhaul to justify the re-release and price

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The DC version is just a chance for DC owners to play the Neo game. It's not meant to be anymore than that, I think. It must have been more of a "Why not?" sort of thing than "Let's put a bunch of work into a separate version." How about no DC release at all, is that what you'd prefer?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The DC version is just a chance for DC owners to play the Neo game. It's not meant to be anymore than that, I think. It must have been more of a "Why not?" sort of thing than "Let's put a bunch of work into a separate version." How about no DC release at all, is that what you'd prefer?

I have a copy of it.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
My point isnt that it shouldnt have been released on the Dreamcast, but that its a much better experience on Neo-Geo. It seems like a much better fit for the platform.

Now when you put Last Hope against some of the other shooters that were homebrew developed for DC in the last few years, you can tell it wasnt intended to take advantage of much of the power the DC has.

Its fine they released it, but my point is that its much better on the Neo, considering the hardware

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Of course it's a better fit for the Neo. It was developed for that platform. Goes without saying.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I think your 'thinking' that I have a problem w/ the release for DC. It's cool with me, all the better they can make more $$$ to keep producing games.

Its cool its out on DC...better there is more support on the console

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Is the upcoming MVS game from NGDEV.TEAM going to be Last Hope pink bullets, or another new game, or both? It would be good if they could release two different MVS games (eg Last Hope and another one). They already have the Neo Geo code which is just about ready for an MVS release (it would only take minor changes to the code of the AES Last Hope, to change bullets to pink, and to add support for arcade mode with credits).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is the upcoming MVS game from NGDEV.TEAM going to be Last Hope pink bullets, or another new game, or both? It would be good if they could release two different MVS games (eg Last Hope and another one). They already have the Neo Geo code which is just about ready for an MVS release (it would only take minor changes to the code of the AES Last Hope, to change bullets to pink, and to add support for arcade mode with credits).

2 Carts is a waste of Hardware for 2 very almost identical games. It would better to have both versions on one cart and mode select via a menu.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
2 Carts is a waste of Hardware for 2 very almost identical games. It would better to have both versions on one cart and mode select via a menu.
well i actually meant they could have Last Hope and another new shootemup on 2 different MVS carts. The Last Hope cart could be the original version (or preferably the Pink bullets version, or both). Last Hope would be easy to convert to MVS, so they might as well make a new game as well.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
They should do like the Neo Geo CD version. 2/3 seperate games, all LAST HOPE, but different

Original AES, Neo Geo CD version, and Pink Bullets. Other than the cd audio, I am sure that would fit on one cart ?

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Last Hope: Pink Bullets is scheduled for 2010 on MVS.
But before the LHPB MVS release, our new vertical score shmup will be released on MVS too.

We will at least release two MVS games in 2010 :mr_t:

- Timm

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I just ordered the Last Hope Pink Bundle.

I've read many opinions and now I'll decide for myself, comparing the NGCD & DC versions.:buttrock:

This will go along way in helping me decide whether to get a MVS copy.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
Last Hope: Pink Bullets is scheduled for 2010 on MVS.
But before the LHPB MVS release, our new vertical score shmup will be released on MVS too.

We will at least release two MVS games in 2010 :mr_t:

- Timm

Any idea about pricing? I think that most folks wanted MVS because they assumed it would be cheaper .... in the $100 range.

Also it is cool that a new game is forthcoming.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
is there any info on this new mvs shooter yet?

Also, any change it will be tested on aes > mvs converters? For those of us who only have AES consoles?