LA/SoCal members, how about it?

New to the neoscene

Hi all just wanted to intro myself Im Retrogamer29 looking to make friends here in so cal and get in to the discussions my favs are fatal fury and baseball stars I never knew there were so many neo geo enthusiasts out there nice chatting thanks for reading

Retro

Any news on this, or will I have to host one of my own first?

I just hosted one last Friday, lots of good people and good games!

However since you made that asshole comment about pot smokers, you are not welcome.

Anybody else who is up for a little fun and not looking to put anyone down, can pm me about the next get together. I live in riverside and look forward to hosting many more of these. Everyone will be treated with respect, even the straight edge breeders.

Last edited:

NeoGeofunster

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah I'm still here. I have just been trying to settle in here as I have been going around doing errands since we have moved so there's just been a lot of things to do. I just need to set up and get all my systems up and my cabs as well. I will have to call you soon so that you can come here and have a look at my cab with the monitor problem. I am in the works for getting a third cab as well. It is a MVS big red 2 slot. So when I get that I will have a total of 3 cabs; 2 candies and an MVS big red. The way it is now is I will have my cabs in the den/living room area whereas my TV where my systems will be hooked up will be in my room which I don't think will be that big to accommodate a gathering. We have some options for this. If people don't mind bringing TVs that we can set up in the den/living room that would be great. I just don't want to have to carry my huge Sony Wega out of my room to the living room. Or if people don't mind trying to squeeze into my room then we can do that too. The cabs won't be a problem since they are in the den/living room area where there is space. I just need to clear out stuff in my den living room area that have still not been unpacked since we moved in here. Anyway we can throw out ideas for this and how we want to proceed. I was thinking end of this month/early next month so we can start throwing out dates now. So how about it? David I'll get too you soon about the cab when I have less things to do as I have been doing errands that need to be done to get settled in since we have moved and there have been a lot of things that need to be done. Peace. Hope the other people here haven't forgotten about this thread.:crying:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I just hosted one last Friday, lots of good people and good games!

However since you made that asshole comment about pot smokers, you are not welcome.

Anybody else who is up for a little fun and not looking to put anyone down, can pm me about the next get together. I live in riverside and look forward to hosting many more of these. Everyone will be treated with respect, even the straight edge breeders.

I attended and had a great time. Met some (more) great people and had the chance to finally beat someone in Magical Drop 3. :D Definitely a great atmosphere and Norm's an awesome host. Looking forward to many more future meet ups.

I attended and had a great time. Met some (more) great people and had the chance to finally beat someone in Magical Drop 3. :D Definitely a great atmosphere and Norm's an awesome host. Looking forward to many more future meet ups.

Beat someone? Do you mean NeoGeeO? He said he was taking it easy on you because he knew you've been practicing and he didn't want to get bear maced if you got upset.

Also what's up with the new cheesy, chump, chest first zangeif offence?

Seriously though its nice to see you've been practicing and your street fighter skills are definitely improving. Guess I need to level up my puzzle bubble skills before I dare to challenge you again.

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
what kinda sticks you have on your cab Voltron?

* i need to come out and push some pixles around *

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Beat someone? Do you mean NeoGeeO? He said he was taking it easy on you because he knew you've been practicing and he didn't want to get bear maced if you got upset.

Also what's up with the new cheesy, chump, chest first zangeif offence?

Seriously though its nice to see you've been practicing and your street fighter skills are definitely improving. Guess I need to level up my puzzle bubble skills before I dare to challenge you again.

Where's my logo,you lazy stoner!!!:very_ang:

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member

You did bring your Magical Drop A-game, that's for sure. However, the SF wins did have a cheesy taste to them. I like that new Honda move you showed me,

what kinda sticks you have on your cab Voltron?

* i need to come out and push some pixles around *

Dildo sticks and diamond plate of course!

:D

drop it like its hot!

You did bring your Magical Drop A-game, that's for sure.

I'm already lookin forward to the next round of 'drop'.

... and yes the fool will be used once more!

Cant wait for another get together at Norm's. Awesome time! :D

Josh

Banned
I can't even recall the last time I played neo..
:(

what the hell have you been doing? You look like a gangbanger in your avatar. I see your posts once in a great while. Hit me up. We all need to shoot the shit sometime.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Count me in if anything happens during this summer.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm in for sure. I'll bring my jp hori sticks.

I can play all kof's, all FF's, all SS, LB and LB2, All SF's except for alpha and alpha 3.

NeoGeofunster

Kabuki Klasher
Well here's how it is. We need to repaint the walls and ceilings and change the flooring from carpet to wood then we plan to have a house blessing. Then when everything is said and done, I would like to get a gathering going but not before then. I have a third cab that I need to have checked as something must have gotten loose during transport since it was working when we tested it. Anyway I have several TVs in my house including a 50 inch Samsung Plasma. If anyone else wants to bring TVs, systems, sticks, games you name it for the gathering please feel free to do so as I appreciate it. I was also wondering if people could bring over food for the gathering as I would also highly appreciate that since I will already be hosting the gathering. That's where it stands right now. I will keep posted when I can host this.

PS Is anyone going to SC3 in Clairemont? What is the address as I can't seem to find it anywhere on the site. Maybe I just don't know where to look. But I registered, and I haven't heard anything from them. Anyone here care to share more info? I'd be grateful.

Last edited:

NeoGeofunster

Kabuki Klasher
Out of curiousity, do you guys think I should take out my 3 superguns for the gathering. If so I would appreciate it if people brought MVS boards as I also have my 3 cabs. Anyway I just wanted to start the conversation now as to what hardware/games will be at the gathering so everyone knows what to expect.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Neo, I am planing to hit SC3, got a large gallon container filled with motherboqards including some wierd prototypes, as well as a whole slew of pictures at Romstar and SNK. Next time you have one at your place, will have to get out there. Of SNK interest, am bringing my development manual and development cartridge (bet you never seen one of THOSE before. It will NOT fit in a regular case under any circumstances...)