Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
"Warenpost and Päckchen products are no longer available for shipment to the USA until further notice."

Fucking awesome, coming in 2021!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes I'd like to pre order a lesson in patience please.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
NG Dev just sent a news letter. They can't ship to US for the moment. Willing to bet it will be a few months before I get my "2nd" print AES copy. Glad to finally hear something from them though.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
They also sent out the MVS update in their newest newsletter. I’ll be trying that out later tonight.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I’ve still got my cart on the original release. Is there any reason NOT to update? Is rolling back to prior versions possible?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I’ve still got my cart on the original release. Is there any reason NOT to update? Is rolling back to prior versions possible?

No idea if rolling back is possible, but there looks to be a bunch of bug fixes.

7b387a69a6eccbaf19aaf88ce68873f5.jpg

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Seems worthwhile to upgrade for the player select tweak alone, but good stuff all around.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
NGDev have told a contact of mine that they will be reprinting all games that were on the "new pcb" whatever that means. Obviously that is secondhand information and I cannot back it up.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
NGDev have told a contact of mine that they will be reprinting all games that were on the "new pcb" whatever that means. Obviously that is secondhand information and I cannot back it up.

Interesting. I wonder of that applies to KB as well. They promised to never reprint it on the AES outside of the 2nd print to maintain it's "rarity". Guess money talks.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Interesting. I wonder of that applies to KB as well. They promised to never reprint it on the AES outside of the 2nd print to maintain it's "rarity". Guess money talks.

I cant understand their business model at all. Fine, make the first print of each game the rare one with holo labels etc and make subsequent print runs on yellow carts or something in line with demand. That way collectors have their way of having rare carts and the people who just want to play the game can get a hold of it without taking out a second mortgage.

I see Xeno Crisis has not sold out so either they are not getting many orders or they are producing many more cartridges.

I can go out and buy Xeno Crisis but cannot buy any NGDev games. I like Bitmap Bureau's model, make the game available on Steam, make it available in ROM form for Neo SD users & also print cartridges for people who want to pay for that kind of thing. I'd imagine its better for the developer and it is certainly better for the customer

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I cant understand their business model at all. Fine, make the first print of each game the rare one with holo labels etc and make subsequent print runs on yellow carts or something in line with demand. That way collectors have their way of having rare carts and the people who just want to play the game can get a hold of it without taking out a second mortgage.

I see Xeno Crisis has not sold out so either they are not getting many orders or they are producing many more cartridges.

I can go out and buy Xeno Crisis but cannot buy any NGDev games. I like Bitmap Bureau's model, make the game available on Steam, make it available in ROM form for Neo SD users & also print cartridges for people who want to pay for that kind of thing. I'd imagine its better for the developer and it is certainly better for the customer

To be fair, the Neo version of Xenocrisis is in limbo. The DC version just went gold, but how much longer for the Neo releases? I do enjoy the game, but I've held off on pre-ordering the Neo version strictly due to they haven't really detailed what will be "better."

The sound has to be redesigned from the ground-up for the sample based Yamaha 2610 (and I'm unsure if Savaged Regime will be doing the Neo mixing). And, since the base version of the game that is available on all modern platforms is based on the least powerful console by a wide margin (as great as the MD is, it's no Neo and certainly no DC), releasing an "upgraded" version of the game that is relegated to legacy hardware only seems like a lesson in tedium/expense for the developer. For those in the know that have purchased a digital or physical copy of the MD release for Steam, Switch, PS4, etc - will they be pissed that they can't play the "better" versions of the game?

I've yet to wrap my head around this weird business model.

Last edited:
I just received an email by ngdevteam saying my kraut buster order is now processing/preparing and I live in the states. so hopefully thats a good sign!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I just received an email by ngdevteam saying my kraut buster order is now processing/preparing and I live in the states. so hopefully thats a good sign!

Five years later...

Could you be fucked?

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy

According to their twitter they stated when it releases there will be plenty available. The did the collector edition for the collectors but looks like they will produce as many regular editions as there is a demand for.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
According to their twitter they stated when it releases there will be plenty available. The did the collector edition for the collectors but looks like they will produce as many regular editions as there is a demand for.
That seems like it would be the ideal business model, but what do I know. NG.DEV sees it differently, somehow. Also, the Neo cartridge price point is great with the Bitmap Bureau game. Hopefully, they can make enough money to do another game in the future.