Kof98 is coming to smartphones soon

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I would rebuy all my favorite Neo games on 3ds if they had any 3d enhancements.

These phone ports are pointless. They take no effort I bet, so whatever profit is to be made must have a low overhead.

I would buy it regardless if it was in 3d or not. I just play it on the go without my fingers taking up half the screen. It be cool if SNK games got the "3D classics" treatment that other NES games got.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I would buy it regardless if it was in 3d or not. I just play it on the go without my fingers taking up half the screen. It be cool if SNK games got the "3D classics" treatment that other NES games got.

A lot of games are available on PSP and Vita on the go. But yes, I suppose anything would be welcome. Its a shame that there havent been any VC releases.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
A lot of games are available on PSP and Vita on the go. But yes, I suppose anything would be welcome. Its a shame that there havent been any VC releases.

The neo geo station has a terrible selection of games. The wii VC has a much better selection of games but still doesn't have garou.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Get yourself a Neo Geo Pocket. There are awsome versions of the fighters for it (I'd recommend: SvC:MOTM, Gal's Fighters, Last Blade, KOF R-2) and the stick fucking rules, definetly better on the go gaming than with the cellphone ports.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Get a psp put custom firmware on it (takes literally 30 seconds, just drag and drop a file and launch it on the psp) and put on a Neo Geo Emulator. Neo Geo Emulation on the PSP is pretty amazing, much more comfortable to play than on some silly touch screen.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Get a psp put custom firmware on it (takes literally 30 seconds, just drag and drop a file and launch it on the psp) and put on a Neo Geo Emulator. Neo Geo Emulation on the PSP is pretty amazing, much more comfortable to play than on some silly touch screen.

I tried that, half the roms i put on there don't work. I DO have the bios file.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I tried that, half the roms i put on there don't work. I DO have the bios file.
hmm that is strange, I have the complete romset and I have yet to run into one that didn't play flawless. Maybe try to see if your using the current version of the emulator, or download the roms again.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
hmm that is strange, I have the complete romset and I have yet to run into one that didn't play flawless. Maybe try to see if your using the current version of the emulator, or download the roms again.

do you need to get the bios file same website you get the roms?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
do you need to get the bios file same website you get the roms?
you know I'm not sure I just downloaded mine from a pirate bay torrent and it was already configured and loaded with a full romset. Maybe try that?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
you know I'm not sure I just downloaded mine from a pirate bay torrent and it was already configured and loaded with a full romset. Maybe try that?

I heard that you have to make a cache of each rom. Did you do this?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I found out the problem, apparently I had to use the mame roms, not the neo geo roms and have them all cached.

Probably older romsets that the current version of the emulator didn't like, with the MAME ones being more up to date.