KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Is there any special significance to the red borders around some of the characters?

The one new guy I'm surprised no one's talking about is the fish-eyed guy with the blue beard in the Villain team.

Douchebag
Fixed!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Is there any special significance to the red borders around some of the characters?

They are new to KOF. King of Dinosaurs is probably considered new.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I saw him at one point, but he didnt look cool enough for me to remember. Not when you got teams like South American and South Town. Representing the dirty South baby! lol

Id be glad if he is a grappler character though

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
First impression of that roster is pretty meh. I'm open with the new graphics direction of the game as long as it plays right.. It will be interesting to see the visual progression of the series from this point like KOF '94 - KOF XIII.

KOF was born out of mostly established SNK characters; that's what made it such a kickass idea. Now it's the same KOF characters time and time again with little to no classic SNK characters showing up that haven't before. Instead, we get weak, hyper-feminized designs like much of the new faces in KOF XIV.

Truly where's the real spirit of SNK here? Where's the hardcore brawler grittiness that created the atmosphere of early Neo-Geo fighters like Fatal Fury Special or AOF? A visual-kei pussy like Saiki the main boss? Mr. Karate or Geese would demolish him. The current staff of SNK needs to sit down and watch some good martial arts action movies and not SMAP or Morning Musume for game ideas.

Jackpot!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
First impression of that roster is pretty meh. KOF was born out of mostly established SNK characters; that's what made it such a kickass idea. Now it's the same KOF characters time and time again with little to no classic SNK characters showing up that haven't before. Instead, we get weak, hyper-feminized designs like much of the new faces in KOF XIV.
Truly where's the real spirit of SNK here? Where's the hardcore brawler grittiness that created the atmosphere of early Neo-Geo fighters like Fatal Fury Special or AOF?

Well first off I think the list of characters is more inspired then most other previous games. They could have made easy selections, and maybe they should of, but some were kinda strange. Kim's Master and Wife rather then his sons. The pachiniko character Alice, Tizoc going Kaiju, Tung Fu Rue in charge of the main team, even Geese and Billy's partner being someone totally new when it could have easily have been a fan favorite like Krauser, Yamazaki, or even Rock Howard.

To me there is room for improvement. Like I'd rather see Gen-An and Earthquake, then Choi and Chang being cheap as all hell once again. Nakoruru is a tired uninspired selection for Samurai Shodown. Yuri should have been on the Women's team, Alice on the World team (fuck Nakoruru), and Kushnood Butt should be on the AOF Team. All in all though I have few complaints. I saw your list.

SNKP if there's still roster opportunity please give us some classic SNK characters:

Duke (Burning Fight)
Rocky (Robo Army)
The Red Dragon (3 Count Bout)
Sho Hayama (Big Bang Pro Wrestling)
Kei (Big Bang Pro Wrestling)
P1 (Mutation Nation as Another Kyo)
Mizoguchi Makoto (Karnov's Revenge)
Hon Fu (Fatal Fury 3)
Lin (King of Fighters 2000)
Ron (King of Fighters 2000)

Another World Characters:

P1 (Sengoku - think Kenshiro from Sega's Fist of the North Star Arcade)
Tengu Warrior (Sengoku 2)
Astro Guy/Atomic Guy (King of the Monsters)
Hanzo (World Heroes)
Knight (Crossed Swords)

Background Ideas:

Baseball Stars Professional Stadium
Parking Lot of League Bowling Alley

Although many are interesting, I don't think any are that much more interesting then what is there. Meaning I don't think any of them would bring about the "Oh wow!" factor they want to sell games. Then again I think they used most of the people that would cause that in all the previous installments. Who is left that people really want to see in this game?

Rock Howard, Rick Strowd, Krauser, Kim's Sons, Kushnood Butt? Honestly I don't really know.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fuck it, I will chip in with my wishlist:

Hero Team:

New faces, whatever (Just no fags and school girls shit)

Japan Team:

Kyo, Iori, Benimaru

K Team

K', Maxima, Angel (make a shitty reason for her to join)

Fatal Fury Team:

Terry, Andy (FF3 version), Joe

AoF Team:

Ryo, Robert, King

Women Team:

Mai, Blue Mary, B Janet

Ikari Team:

Ralf, Clark, Leona

Psycho Soldier Team:

Athena, Kensou (KOF13 version), Chin

Old fucks team:

Tung, Jubei, Lee

Assassins team:

Duo Lon, Oswald, Venessa

Coaching Team:

Kim, Richard, Todoh

Geese Team:

Geese, Billy, Duck King

Rogue Team:

Mr. Big, Yamazaki, Freeman

Revenge Team:

Elizabeth, Gato, Eiji

Glory-Restoration Team:

Tizoc, Big Bear, Franco Bash

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Hmm not bad. Though rather see Chin, Tung, and Jubei on a team. Never liked Lee. Then get Kensou, Athena, and either Bao, Momoko or someone else for all I care.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Whoever came up with Sylvie should be fired on the spot. That has to be one of, if not THE worst KOF character designs I've ever seen.

On the plus side, Vice looks great.

This trailer lends a lot more credence to the character select screen being the real deal in terms of roster.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Sylvie ?
Where is she in that leaked roster pic ?
Edit: I found her in the Official Invitation team...

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, them silly designs, it'll never end, that's what japan likes I guess...other than that, looking good! I'm getting more and more excited.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Have I missed something, or has there been no showing of Mai yet? :confused:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There will be a demo in Korea in a few days. Near the end of April, there will be another demo in Japan. I'm expecting a flood of kawai waifu mui mui material reveals by then. If we are lucky, Mai or Ryo will be thrown in.

Regarding this trailer, I loved everything apart from the kawaii desu girl. I'm very pleased with the new backgrounds, especially the KOF96 stage. Now, I would really love to see the night NeoGeo Land stage have the ring platform removed, and turned into the KOF95 NeoGeo Land stage. The Mexico stage has people in the background now. Kim and Vice looked tight too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
oh man, that Sylvie looks like ass... let's hope there's some cooler "outfit" in the release version. I also hope for another one for Leona :)

But let's face it - I'd still buy it if there ain't.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
oh man, that Sylvie looks like ass... let's hope there's some cooler "outfit" in the release version. I also hope for another one for Leona :)

But let's face it - I'd still buy it if there ain't.

Pretty safe bet there's going to be a minimum of 1 new costume for each character, being that they're 3D models instead of sprites.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
There will be a demo in Korea in a few days. Near the end of April, there will be another demo in Japan. I'm expecting a flood of kawai waifu mui mui material reveals by then. If we are lucky, Mai or Ryo will be thrown in.

Regarding this trailer, I loved everything apart from the kawaii desu girl. I'm very pleased with the new backgrounds, especially the KOF96 stage. Now, I would really love to see the night NeoGeo Land stage have the ring platform removed, and turned into the KOF95 NeoGeo Land stage. The Mexico stage has people in the background now. Kim and Vice looked tight too.

Actually is more in line with Art of Fighting 3
ikhGEy.gif

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Puked in my mouth then shed tears. KOF XIV with Sylvie is almost like getting a new jacket from the store; once home you discover someone took a dump in the pocket. No matter how nice that jacket is: it'll be forever ruined by the turd. I grew up with SNK games; Victory Road and Fatal Fury.. so yeah, I'm OLD AS FUCK, and not the market for this game.. Yes, the company has to produce content that's market relevant blah blah. None of the men look like men, but creepy soul-less mannequins.. Robert with chiseled facial features and a beard: good. Androgynous Robert with a Jack Sparrow shit-stache.. Weak brah. How about they give the Ikari boys belly-button rings.. that's flashy and cool right? SNK needs to pull out of this weak as fuck anime-otaku dive bomb and give their games chest hair again.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not chest hair, please, don't be crude. What they need is class which they lost a long time ago.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sylvie looks horrible :(

However the animations look a bit better, smoother.
I just hope the music is not has bad at all the musics they used to far for the trailers.
Generic trash.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
oh man, that Sylvie looks like ass...

No shit, it's like Master Tasuke and Liquid Snake had a lollipop threesome with the Space Waifu and she gave birth to this thing.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Every trailer hypes me up more and more.

If this comes out in Japan first, I may be importing.