Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Entertaining and tons of swearing.
humongous control sticks.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I'm enjoying that stream. Haunts is kickin people's ass with Shen. I never was a Shen user but he's making Shen look fun as fuck. I'm trying to figure out who isn't fun in this game hahaha.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
damn some good action going on in this stream, That Hellpockets dude has a Badass Terry. Left me slackjawed ...and Haunts with that Shen! complete badassery.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
hell yeah this game is fun to watch. I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching tournaments of this game. It's just so damn offensive so there's never really a dull moment. I was concerned about what 2d fighting game I was gonna watch when the SFIV series picked up. But now I know where it's at. Now I don't have to solely rely on watching Street Fighter III match vids.

Lee Gray

I think Fatal fury vs Art of fighting would be a sweet game, 24 fighters, 12 of each, be cool if each had their own backdrop, even if some were double ups at different times of the day.
I noticed that Goro Daimon is using some of Hugo's from Snk capcom Chaos sprite frames or whatever you call them from the top half of his chest to his head, even the wobble motions the same.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
I don't need to say it, but I really am satisfied with all the positive reviews and more importantly, the community really coming back to KOF.

People are enjoying the grinding and skills it actually takes to get good. And my circle of friends are really into it. It's such a blast to play.

Lee Gray

I expect if people never read about the online probs (though now i hardly have issues) it might have had a stronger second week but all in all I am pretty happy with the results and im sure the makers and distributors are too.
Plus in Japan, I heard the game sold out of copies as not enough were sent so it could have been higher.

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I ran through arcade mode with Iori, Vice, Mature yesterday. The first time I've ever used Vice or Mature. I can't believe I never tried them out before. Mature is a damn beast and Vice isn't too far behind. I think this might be my new go to team.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Been busy playing, it sure is a blast learning a new KOF game, all timings are like new and different and it feels great.

Yeah Spinmaster, the AOF team rocks, i just love Ryo's Kou'ken, it has never been more effective and fun to use..AHHH

Was very impressed with the presentation and the way the game modes are presented, but color edit left me a little underwhelmed which is my only complaint other than the music is not as strong as in the past imo, but this game is BEAST and a new classic however i feel the HD KOF Classic game is still to come...maybe KOF 14...

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Been busy playing, it sure is a blast learning a new KOF game, all timings are like new and different and it feels great.

Yeah Spinmaster, the AOF team rocks, i just love Ryo's Kou'ken, it has never been more effective and fun to use..AHHH

Was very impressed with the presentation and the way the game modes are presented, but color edit left me a little underwhelmed which is my only complaint other than the music is not as strong as in the past imo, but this game is BEAST and a new classic however i feel the HD KOF Classic game is still to come...maybe KOF 14...

What do you think about the AOF team's music? I think it's fucking awesome. This music isn't as good as past KOF's but it does have a classic sound.

I'm right there with you though about KOF 14. It's gonna be a classic dream match with bad ass graphics. It'd be the smart thing for SNK-P to do.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

If it is to be a dream match, I hope they have atleast character endings with the official teams and a end boss...Was playing kof xii yesterday and even though we know it was unfinished, I cant believe there was not a winning team end shot art or even an end boss. even the mid scene news reel felt dated, all i could think of hearing that ladies voice was, the golf game.

This is a very polished and great game.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm not holding out for a dream match because XII was already story-less, at least. All bets are off.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
The game is great offline, but the online is still a joke. Horrendous lags and input delays galore. A patch is needed NOW! At least the single player aspect is well done compared to the bare bones kof 12. If the online sucks, I can always fall back on the mission modes, a well done arcade mode and story modes which is good unlike kof 12 where there is nothing to fall back on.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
What do you think about the AOF team's music? I think it's fucking awesome. This music isn't as good as past KOF's but it does have a classic sound.

I'm right there with you though about KOF 14. It's gonna be a classic dream match with bad ass graphics. It'd be the smart thing for SNK-P to do.

The game's music to me is more to listen to by itself than accompany a pulse pounding battle, my preference for AOF background is more like KOF 98, 2002 and i guess 2003 and of course the original masterpiece, first stage of AOF 1 fighting Todo, you can access that bgm by picking Kasumi in KOF 98 UM yeahhhh....

Um anyway, so yes this game is badass but i can already tell the potential of the next KOF, they really need to do Dreammatch, and bring OSWALD (i never picked him, but damn that was an impressive sprite) Yashiro and the gang, Yamazaki, American Sports team, and oh shit am i wishlisting?

I don't want KOF 14 to be SNKP's next game tho. A 2D side scroller beat'emup for XBLA PSN 3DS PSPVita, or something thats not a 2D fighter (except maybe Garou 2)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So the Official Playstation Magazine (US version) gave the game a 6 because it's not inviting to casual players and supposedly has a 'dearth of single player content.'

Who the fuck do they get to review these games, anyway?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Derth of single player? Wat? That doesn't make any sense.

I didn't play it much, but from what I remember-SFIV has similar achievements as XIII.

Can someone heavy into both IV & XIII (Lee Gray perhaps) give their take?

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

I didn't play it much, but from what I remember-SFIV has similar achievements as XIII.

KOF 13 is better than SS4 in every conceivable way. Achievements are almost exactly the same. KOF 13 has way more single player content - an actual story mode, and then there's so many unique interactions between characters that aren't limited to just "meeting your rival" like in SSF4. Not only that, but you can customize your character and save 5 different color combinations. The trials are way better than in SSF4 - both have their hard trials, but KOF 13 doesn't bother with shit like "perform a fireball - MISSION CLEARED." There's a survival mode and time attack mode, as well. WTF were they smoking saying there's a "derth of single player content."

The only thing you can say is that it's harder to learn than SSF4. I mean, SSF4 practically holds your hand and gives you an insane amount of ways to shortcut a special. You can fucking press DF, DF + P and a dragon punch will come out for christ's sake. KOF 13 isn't impossible, though. It's just that not a lot of people have kept up with the series so they're completely new to it. Any new person will have to take time to learn a game they've never played.

I'll say this - KOF 13 is the best fighting game to date. It's replaced Fatal Fury Special and Super SF2 Turbo as my favorite. KOF 13 is the real deal - a fucking masterpiece. It's a modern fighter with old school flair. No plinking. No retarded shortcuts. No fucking parries, strikers, focus attacks, or assists. Simple 3 on 3 mayhem. I love this game.

Lee Gray

So the Official Playstation Magazine (US version) gave the game a 6 because it's not inviting to casual players and supposedly has a 'dearth of single player content.'

Who the fuck do they get to review these games, anyway?
bunch of assholes, no way is this game worth less than a 9.....I know the online mode is iffy but thats not got anything to do with the gameplay or feel and look and presentation of the game.

this game has tons of single mode content, much more than most games I know....before I got this I was thinking how brilliant SSFIV was, now I think its slow and nowhere near as good and full of glitches in the background scenery, the special moves are neat but as a mainly 1 player person for the last 20 years, I have to say this is tops and SSFIV is defo a game where you would get bored quickly without online mode......I have played over 120 online games now in KOFXIII which has been fun.. but all in all this game is fun either way....I love it.

I'll say this - KOF 13 is the best fighting game to date. It's replaced Fatal Fury Special and Super SF2 Turbo as my favorite. KOF 13 is the real deal - a fucking masterpiece. It's a modern fighter with old school flair. No plinking. No retarded shortcuts. No fucking parries, strikers, focus attacks, or assists. Simple 3 on 3 mayhem. I love this game.
Fatal fury 2 has always been my fav game, moreso than special, but just for sentimental reasons though as was the game that got me into the neo geo, my other 2 fav games are streetfighter alpha 2 and samurai shodown 2......however I must agree, this is now not only my fav fighting game but fav game overall.....it just has so much coolness and never had a game feel so complete and the mechanics are 100%