KOF XIII is a very important point in SNKP's future

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I still can't get over how awesome this game is. Some things annoy me, but other then the shitty online leading to biased character appraisals. This game is great. I am really happy SNKP is back on track. There's always matches to play, we have a community here to discuss it. The depth of KOF 2002 exists on some level in this game. The characters all seem so good and viable in matches. For the first time ever I'm having a harder time deciding who is actually the top tiers of this game, because there are so MANY good characters.

I think athena is very strong, and many others, but damn.. Like, its hard to say this early for sure. Its all speculation. The thing is, it feels like most characters have a good shot if used correctly, and the uphill matches arent a day job like Third Strike or SFIV.

Such a breath of fresh air. The music is amazing, the backgrounds are gorgeous. I mean, they are just really pretty. Execution feels great and for once in a KOF for years, its actually easier to link jabs into other actions. So it makes for great development in terms of the engine.

2011 is defined by SNKP, and I can't believe it. I was so disappointed with KOF XII, but atlus and SNKP are a great team, and I will buy every release after this that hits my console of choice.

Good work SNKP.. This one is a real winner, and I get excited thinking of new match idea's. Its the real deal and it plays awesome.

PS: Andy's character sprite in this is easily my favorite in any SNK game ever..

Last edited:

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Couldn't agree with you more that's what I was trying to tell everyone when I was playin the x2 dump on my blast city. The game is absolutely amazing!

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
After about a month with the game I pretty much consider this to be the best fighting game ever made. Thus far it also appears to be one of the best balanced fighting games yet.

The game is gorgeous and plays like a dream. The drive cancel system and EX moves have opened up the entire cast in a whole new way. The way the systems have been implemented in addition to HD is brilliant. Neomaxes are so hype.

Many characters have been reimagined and every character looks so awesome and plays so fun, I simply can't decide who to main.

This game is basically what I would expect from a company that has been making fighters for over 2 decades. I don't think I can go back to an older KOF after this, no way.

This game is definitely turning heads in the tournament scene, seriously hope it picks up.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It definitely is awesome.
I played kof 94 for 5 minutes yesterday to see the difference and was bored.
Been having fun customising today, turned Andy pure blue and Mai pure pink. Even without customising though, there are some great palettes.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
+1 the thread

'94 still kicks ass.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I have to agree, this game is incredible. But i still feel it could have been better, however still a superior fighting game.

I was really impressed by SNK Playmore when XI rolled out. The game was so polished and incredibly fun and varied that I thought no other KOF could top it. And now i stand corrected.

I hope SNKP keeps it up by making a new game that is just as epic and then another fighter and then KOF 14 the DREAMMATCH!

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
The game is great and plays really well, but I'm not really sure this will be enought to change SNKP fate/decisions.
There is a lot of work behind a game like this, and unfortunately it strikes a very niche market. Critics have been positive, but not enthusiastic enough to attract new players (a thing that SF4 was able to do).
I was in Osaka the day 1 of the console version launch, and went to check all the most important game shops. Unfortunately the space and attention dedicated to XIII was nothing special and only few shops had actually a screen playing the game. My impression by looking at customers was that not many people where even caring about it.
Well I hope I was wrong and that was just the impression of a slow business day. As I said earlier, the game is great and really deserves better luck with sales!

ghibben

Zero's Secretary
I like the gameplay of it. My only complaint is I have to read dialogue from the cutscenes. Oh and Mai's titties being so big she is hunched over the whole time.

Mai_Shiranui__KOF13__04.gif

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I am really happy SNKP is back on track.

Are they back on track?

I thought I remember people saying a lot of the crew that made KOF 13 have since left SNKP. If that's true, is it realistic to expect SNKP to continue making any high-quality games?

I figured KOF 13 is sort of a swansong for them. From here on out, isn't it pachislot and spinoff territory?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
This game is so full of great stuff, great art, great style, great passion it's hard to believe it's true.

Great thread BTW. Let's praise where praise it's dued.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
360 is superior, 2 frame difference for inputs.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
KOF XIII has made SNKP relevant again. I know I'm not the only one who has been brought back to the fold by this game. I've spent the better part of the last 8 years on the SNKP hate bandwagon and now here I am praising them. I honestly did not think that they could put together a game this good. I didn't have any reason to.

I really hope that this is the first in a long string of top notch games and not SNKP's swan song.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I love this game like a milkshake. I really hope it is successful enough to warrant more high quality stuff. Gimme a SamSho with animation like this and I'm set. Wishful thinking.

Also the pallette that makes Robert look like a gentleman Terry is super duper.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This is the game that SFIV should have been. Yes I know that I've said it over and over again but I say it cuz it's so true. However I'm happy that this game is an SNK-P game. This is basically the KOF after '98 that I've always wanted and finally got. Thank you Jesus.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
2011 is defined by SNKP, and I can't believe it. I was so disappointed with KOF XII, but atlus and SNKP are a great team, and I will buy every release after this that hits my console of choice.
Although I agree with the sentiment of your post, there is no reason to give Atlus much credit for anything at all. SNKP needs to deploy publishers like Atlus and Rising Star games to distribute the game in the larger territories simply because the company doesn't have the resources to do this on its own, and it makes a lot more sense from a cost and resource stance to leave that to a company that has the infrastructure already in place to print and distribute discs to a wide market. The three Korean copies I bought of this game were published by SNKP, as the game was in Japan. The content on the disc is exactly the same in every territory. I don't know anything Atlus has done to contribute other than some fanboy-ish online videos to promote the game and a rather unprofessional public response to complaints about the PS3 controllers. There is no reason to give much credit to an average publisher that happens to remain active in the US.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
360 is superior, 2 frame difference for inputs.

Could you please elaborate on this?

Another expert friend of mine, who bought both version at day 1, says PS3 is superior for better 1080p resolution handling.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner

Another expert friend of mine, who bought both version at day 1, says PS3 is superior for better 1080p resolution handling.

If I remember correctly, at least the Japanese version of KoFXIII on PS3, doesn't output 1080p.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,

Pretty sure its an issue only with Capcom games.

Other games like Blazblu etc don't have this issue on PS3. Have heard nothing of such a problem being in KOFXIII.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
If I remember correctly, at least the Japanese version of KoFXIII on PS3, doesn't output 1080p.

Seems like you remember uncorrectly, and it's actually the opposite.

Pat505

War Room Troll
This game is fantastic. I feel like all the mechanics of the game mesh so well. Which also makes for less frustrating games. It's nice to have more than one or two options when dealing with projectiles it also makes for some scary okizeme. For many years I thought Kof 98 was the last Kof I was ever gonna get into. If there is a god he's wearing a Mr.Karate mask.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It seems like people are jumping on the 360 bandwagon again. I just played both versions of the game and they both are the same shit. 2 frames? You have to be kidding me.