KOF '98 tournament - Greensboro, North Carolina - FEB 28th

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi everyone. I wanted to let anyone who missed the announcement in the Raleigh/Mugi thread that I will be hosting a KOF '98 tournament this Saturday.
Tournament will be held at Lost Ark Video Games in Greensboro, North Carolina.
https://www.facebook.com/lostarkvideogames

This is the original arcade version of '98. It will be run on Japanese arcade cabinets with original Neo Geo hardware. If you have been in the past, I will have 2 set-up going this time so extra numbers shouldn't be a problem.

We all know '98 is a huge milestone so I'm trying to up the ante with prizes to match. The winner will get their choice of a Japanese AES copy of KOF '98 or $100 cash money. There will also be lots of KOF collectibles (statues, mooks, games) for runners-up.
Entry is included in arcade admission ($8 for the day); last call for sign-up is at 7:00 pm.

PM me or post up if you have any questions. I hope to see some new faces and some old friends! Join us for a great year in KOF history!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
This is really a shame that it's not in the summer!

I would have an excuse to go to the West, instead of the far East! :D
anyway... post some videos of it. Specially the finals and flashy highlights. :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Been really excited about this since last month! Can't wait Dan!

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Should be a fun tournament. I only get to go in Lost Ark on trips so I haven't been in the arcade section since they moved but even back then they had killer machines. If only I was a bit closer.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Damn, i would kill to have something like this close to me. good luck to all who enter

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Assuming the weather isn't shit, count me in. Anyone within shouting distance should try to make the trip. Dan's got a really nice place and it doesn't get much better than '98. Greatly looking forward to playing a game I actually remember how to play. ;)

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
This is really a shame that it's not in the summer!

I would have an excuse to go to the West, instead of the far East! :D
anyway... post some videos of it. Specially the finals and flashy highlights. :)
Definitely will: unless something happens all the winners bracket matches will be recorded; a highlight reel and full vid will be up on youtube the following week.

Should be a fun tournament. I only get to go in Lost Ark on trips so I haven't been in the arcade section since they moved but even back then they had killer machines. If only I was a bit closer.
I hope you can make it back sometime; if you liked the old place I think you'll dig the new set-up. Less pinball but the japanese game center quotient is off the charts.

Assuming the weather isn't shit, count me in. Anyone within shouting distance should try to make the trip. Dan's got a really nice place and it doesn't get much better than '98. Greatly looking forward to playing a game I actually remember how to play. ;)

Look forward to seeing you guys there! Hopefully the weather cooperates. Anyone wants to grab food beforehand (about 5:00 or so) hit me up on PM.
Hope you've all been practicing; as for me, I don't stand a chance as I've only been playing Xrd... *sigh* maybe '99 will be my comeback year.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Definitely will: unless something happens all the winners bracket matches will be recorded; a highlight reel and full vid will be up on youtube the following week.

I hope you can make it back sometime; if you liked the old place I think you'll dig the new set-up. Less pinball but the japanese game center quotient is off the charts.

Look forward to seeing you guys there! Hopefully the weather cooperates. Anyone wants to grab food beforehand (about 5:00 or so) hit me up on PM.
Hope you've all been practicing; as for me, I don't stand a chance as I've only been playing Xrd... *sigh* maybe '99 will be my comeback year.

yeah fingers crossed that the icy roads will clear up quick as Im not a huge fan of driving on those :oh_no: I also have been neglecting my practice on 98, mostly wrapped up in Dengeki Bunko and other obligations this month, but still excited for the challenge! I haven't touched base with GohanX yet, but 100proof and I are stoked, and if we are going to that Mexican joint again, I'm definitely looking forward to it :D

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
I'm at a Stella and dot party that my fiance dragged me to. Do you know what that is? Me either. Missing yet another tournament and I live exactly 1.4 miles from the store. Mother fucker...

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Great as always. Thanks to Dan and company for putting on a solid tournament (finally got to play Daemon Bride!) and congrats to Saisyu for holding it down for the Triangle. I got 5-0'd between Winner's and Grand Finals. Gotta step up my Heavy D game. ;)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Had an absolute blast!! Was great seeing alot of the same ppl from last month, and the new challengers who came were seriously fierce. There were some great matches, except for mine :lolz: Pretty solid to have two NG.com members make it to the finals! Gratz for taking the win Saisyu, and to 100proof for making it to the finals!

AstroDan is one of the nicest ppl on the planet. Thx for letting us hang out at your place again, and for a srsly good time!

PS. I'd been wanting to play Daemon Bride for a while now, was very happy to walk in and see it available, very cool game. Looking forward to next month! I really need to get some practice in, I shlubbed it up last nite.

ZWoBCxb.jpg

YTOntGJ.jpg

CSgCzwJ.jpg

aFIOtIs.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sorry for ducking out this time, I just wasn't up to it yesterday.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Sorry for ducking out this time, I just wasn't up to it yesterday.

no need to apologize man, sorry you weren't able to make it, but hopefully we can all get together again soon!

Saisyu Kusanagi

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I wounder if astro dan would run the samurai showdown series the same way? That would be awesome.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
whoa whoa whoa....see I had NO EARTHLY IDEA that I have obviously already met quite a few of you. Saisyu actually called me up and told me about this, I wasnt able to make this past one, but I do frequent the shop. So I already know who Dan is, but who is everyone else, if I may ask?

Saisyu Kusanagi

Kuroko's Training Dummy
whoa whoa whoa....see I had NO EARTHLY IDEA that I have obviously already met quite a few of you. Saisyu actually called me up and told me about this, I wasnt able to make this past one, but I do frequent the shop. So I already know who Dan is, but who is everyone else, if I may ask?

YO! Demo! You coming out for the KOF 99 Tournament?