King Of Fighters Action Figures?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOKRbSGkug&feature=player_embedded

The above video is from "Tamashii Nation 2011", which highlights Bandai's upcoming action figures.

Egads! KOF merchandise that isn't a body pillow, gashapon or Queen's Gate book?! I'm all in favor of that. It's too soon to tell whether they'll be figures for Kyo, Iori and Mai (although I bet it'll happen inevitably), but that Terry figure looks sharp enough to erase the bad memories associated from previous attempts at KOF action figures (now all it needs is a sound chip and a spring-loaded Power Wave).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't see how it looks better than past KOF action figure attempts. I think it looks worse. A lot worse.

It depends what size it is, I guess. If it's 3 3/4" like the size of a Star Wars or GI Joe figure or something, I guess it's okay. But if it's larger like the previous attempts, this one looks pretty pathetic. The joints look awful. And I hate the weird looking crater where the neck fits into the shoulders. I don't think it captures the character. Even the Burn Knuckle pose seems off. The clear effect parts are cool, I guess.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Does any of those two even have a face?
I'm glad I'm not going crazy and am the only one to see that. It looks like he may have a tiny slit for a mouth, but how that is supposed to capture the personality of the character, I have no idea. Looking at the video again, he's awful.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I was always hoping to see more of those CvSNK2 figures. There were eight if I remember correctly and I they were going to make Guile and Rugal (???) I think but the line got canned. I got them all and made my own Kim, Chang, Yamazaki, King, Terry, and Benimaru. I really liked those High Dreams figures; well articulated and very accurate.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I was always hoping to see more of those CvSNK2 figures. There were eight if I remember correctly and I they were going to make Guile and Rugal (???) I think but the line got canned. I got them all and made my own Kim, Chang, Yamazaki, King, Terry, and Benimaru. I really liked those High Dreams figures; well articulated and very accurate.

Can you show us a pic of your collection?
Would really like to see these custom ones you did.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
They look like Street Fighter IV character models.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Can you show us a pic of your collection?
Would really like to see these custom ones you did.

Sure thing! I never went back to re-do some of the older ones like Terry and King, but here are some of the ones that came a few months after I started making them. My Darkstalkers figs are probably my best, and I'm on hiatus indefinitely, but I had fun making them even if they aren't the greatest. I was thinking about doing a Samurai Showdown set someday, but I want to do them justice, so I want to get better before i tackle a set like that.

Yamazaki_by_Renmauzo_by_Renmauzo.jpg

Joe_Higashi_by_Renmauzo.jpg

Chang_Koehan_by_Renmauzo_by_Renmauzo.jpg

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Cool wheres the others you made?

I didn't bother re-touching ones like King and Terry since they were some of the first ones I did and not very good, so I also didn't bother making up finalized pics for them either, unlike the ones I posted. At some point, I'll go back to doing customs, and then I'll redo some of those old KOF characters.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nice work. Yamazaki looked like he got older and started construction work wearing a hard hat. XD

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Damn!
Chang and Joe are very nice! I think Yamazaki would benefit from his coat. He looks kind of thin.

Fett

Camel Slug
Terry is like one of the characters I'd want an action figure of least.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
That Terry figure does look pretty bland. I still have the CvsSNK2 Iori and Kyo and those look tons better than that figure.

On a side note: does anyone know what series those last figures are from? They look hilariously awesome. Like Cho Aniki hilariously awesome.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I wouldn’t mind having an Andy figure to add to the gameroom. Too bad I’m limited to gashapon and plushes at the moment. Ryo as Mr. Karate would be pretty nice, too. Thing is, I know there’ll be twenty more K’, Kyo, and Iori figures made before anyone cranks out a Duck King, Takuma, Krauser, or some other cool idea for a figure.

On the topic of Baki, I actually looked up the manga and anime after hearing about it…..only to find out that, apparently, everyone is getting their ass kicked into their throat by a thawed out cave man named “Pickle”. Jesus……:rolleyes:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't like a brown-haired Baki. Kid why is Baki a brown hair now. why

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm pretty sure I saw a Cho Aniki action figure in there... and I'm not really sure how to finish this sentence. :spock:

You know, I think that everything – no matter how strange – has a collectors’ following somewhere, somehow. By that logic, there is someone out there with the biggest Cho Aniki collection in the world; like, a room just full of the shit. Think about that.