Kids and mature content

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So my brother just went to see the movie "Baby driver" he posted about it on facebook, and a friend asked "Any booby action? Just want to make sure as i may have a 10 year old with me to watch it"
So i replied "not concerned with violence,language ect ect.?"

Now i don't have kids of my own, but why does it seem like violence is okay, but god forbid a kid see a titty. Why is one so taboo and the other not?_?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So my brother just went to see the movie "Baby driver" he posted about it on facebook, and a friend asked "Any booby action? Just want to make sure as i may have a 10 year old with me to watch it"

Now i don't have kids of my own, but why does it seem like violence is okay, but god forbid a kid see a titty. Why is one so taboo and the other not?_?

I guess it's because parents don't want to deal with the questions afterwards. Alot of kids see violence in cartoons and whatever movies their parents are watching but the sex scenes are always that uncomfortable moment of the movie when your watching with kids. I mean they will figure it out eventually. The obligatory tit shot shouldn't be a big deal.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Your facebook friend is a fucking moron.

Just like everyone else's facebook friend. 10 bucks he took his kid to see Sausage Party.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
$11 he dropped the kid off at the theater and then got some strange behind a dumpster.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Kids have the internet on their phones. They've all seen titties.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
About a year ago, I was at Toys 'R' Us with my wife and kids in the video game department. The kids were playing Mario Kart on the Wii U interactive, and a little boy - probably 8 to 10 years old - came up, watching intently, started to offer my son advice on the racing and talking about the characters; it was a really cute sight. I then told my kids that they should let the little boy play and that we could always play some Mario Kart when we got home.
It was then that the little boy thanked us and went on to say that it was the only way he would get to play a Nintendo game. He went on to say that it was only Xbox at home and that his dad would never allow a Nintendo console in the house because the games were for babies and that he should want to play games like Call of Duty. The boy was sad when saying this and finished by telling us that he didn't like violent games, found them to be scary, and that all he wanted to do is have fun with games like Mario Kart.
Before leaving, all I said to the boy was that it's good to be kind, and that he should have a talk with his dad about how he feels.
As a parent, the whole thing made me sad.

The world is the way it is because there are far too many parents that condition their children to be horrible people because they don't themselves realize that they are horrible people. Subjecting children to violent content when they don't yet have the maturity to process it is tantamount to abuse as far as I'm concerned.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
About a year ago, I was at Toys 'R' Us with my wife and kids in the video game department. The kids were playing Mario Kart on the Wii U interactive, and a little boy - probably 8 to 10 years old - came up, watching intently, started to offer my son advice on the racing and talking about the characters; it was a really cute sight. I then told my kids that they should let the little boy play and that we could always play some Mario Kart when we got home.
It was then that the little boy thanked us and went on to say that it was the only way he would get to play a Nintendo game. He went on to say that it was only Xbox at home and that his dad would never allow a Nintendo console in the house because the games were for babies and that he should want to play games like Call of Duty. The boy was sad when saying this and finished by telling us that he didn't like violent games, found them to be scary, and that all he wanted to do is have fun with games like Mario Kart.
Before leaving, all I said to the boy was that it's good to be kind, and that he should have a talk with his dad about how he feels.

The world is the way it is because there are far too many parents that condition their children to be horrible people because they don't themselves realize that they are horrible people. Subjecting children to violent content when they don't yet have the maturity to process it is tantamount to abuse as far as I'm concerned.

Wow. Interesting and sad.

People who play Call of Duty shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
SO let me get this straight. Are you telling me you can see a titty when you are 0-2 or whatever but after that its a no? How does that make sense?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

and that little boy grew up to be britney spears

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
SO let me get this straight. Are you telling me you can see a titty when you are 0-2 or whatever but after that its a no? How does that make sense?

Nowadays you just have to wander a mall to see a tit.

This is an American issue for the most part.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Seems like this is an issue that's not universal across the western world. The UK has (had?) the Page 3 Girls in The Sun (is that the one?) and both French and Italian shows on network television include nudity. U.S. was built on Puritan ideals and they still shine through 300 years later.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Seems like this is an issue that's not universal across the western world. The UK has (had?) the Page 3 Girls in The Sun (is that the one?) and both French and Italian shows on network television include nudity. U.S. was built on Puritan ideals and they still shine through 300 years later.

Don't lump us all in together. Sure the Catholics did a number on the people here. Birth control wasn't sold here until the 80s that's condoms and all even. The church controlled everything. they still have their clutches in most of the schools.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My five year old son plays Mario and Friday the 13th. Come at me! I've see him wipe the whole party of councillors. That was a pretty fond moment for me. You should have seen the gleam in his eye when he looked up at me and said "Dad, I did it, I got them all! Jason is my friend!"

We teach our children about equality, the importance of sharing and instill good morals every day. We are a loving family and my children tell me they love me every day. Am I abusing my child? I find that to be a very sweeping and exaggerated statement that is not applicable to any sort of generalised approach to what we do and don't let our children be witness to.

I think Ren's story is sad. Poor kid who has a control freak for a father, conflicted with a skewed perception of "what is cool and what isn't" as a grown man. Like it even fucking matters.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Guys, remember Titanic? That was a good movie.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thankfully I don't have this problem with my kids because by the time they come home from the sweat shops they are so tired that they don't even care to watch any movies or play any videogames.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

To be honest, that kid sounds like a sissy. Soon to be a future SJW, you failed in giving the kid advice...Should have told him be glad you have video games to play at home & stop talking shit about your dad.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member

Well said!

geise

Mickey's Coach
To be honest, that kid sounds like a sissy. Soon to be a future SJW, you failed in giving the kid advice...Should have told him be glad you have video games to play at home & stop talking shit about your dad.

You weren't there. You didn't see the kids reactions like Renmauzo did. Since we're being honest you sound like quite the character.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Its strange but that's how it is in America... Violence is fine entertainment but sex is taboo...

In Europe it's the other way around...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Does anyone else see Merc when they look at munchiaz's avatar?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You weren't there. You didn't see the kids reactions like Renmauzo did. Since we're being honest you sound like quite the character.

You weren't there either! Kid sounds like a self entitled little shit to me. All we have is xbox at home, my dad will never get a nintendo in the house. I bet this kid complains about football sunday & rather watch America's Next Top Model.

Its strange but that's how it is in America... Violence is fine entertainment but sex is taboo...

In Europe it's the other way around...

Its a lot easier to explain to kids that violence is bad...Cant really say that for sex since its actually good...Its too good & you're afraid your kids might start early.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Goddamn, that's indeed one of the saddest stories I heard in a while. Usually kids aren't that well behaved, though, so this kid could play whatever he wanted outside of his dad's restrictions whenever he got the chance. Contrary to the majority, seeking sex & violence, when out of sight, he'd actually sneak out play cute games, hiding the fact at home. Cockeyed world.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You weren't there either! Kid sounds like a self entitled little shit to me. All we have is xbox at home, my dad will never get a nintendo in the house. I bet this kid complains about football sunday & rather watch America's Next Top Model.

Its a lot easier to explain to kids that violence is bad...Cant really say that for sex since its actually good...Its too good & you're afraid your kids might start early.

Fag of Duty spotted.

Marek

Banned
Your facebook friend is a fucking moron.

Just like everyone else's facebook friend. 10 bucks he took his kid to see Sausage Party.

Delete your Facebook

Join me on the other side.

Instagram is all that's needed, if anything at all.