Karate Ninja Show MVS Proto FOUND

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I know I'm bumping an archaeic thread with this post but...I want it, too.

Did anything ever come out of this monster discovery?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hmm. it REALLY doesnt look like this went anywhere. I think anyone could easily pick at a random a Neo proto from that proto website and start and thread saying " I have it, but not yet" and the thread will end up going for 6 pages like this did.

My theory is..this was a big load of shit.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Big Tymers roll in Karate Ninja Show protos.

:multi_co:(Sup NGF!):multi_co:

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
I have it locked deep in my hyerbaric chamber, beside my hermetically sealed unopened homecarts.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have it locked deep in my hyerbaric chamber, beside my hermetically sealed unopened homecarts.

I believe my Samurai Shodown 3 MVS came from that very same chamber, and you were only gonna charge me $13 for it. (I think you ended up giving it to me)

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
I believe my Samurai Shodown 3 MVS came from that very same chamber, and you were only gonna charge me $13 for it. (I think you ended up giving it to me)

Thats cause you the MAN BK:p Good to see you around. Remember that cracked out kid selling his KOF99 AES for like 30 bucks? Ah, the golden days of NGF tainted Neo collecting................UNDER THE NEO GEO MOON FOR f'ING EVER!:D

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Thats cause you the MAN BK:p Good to see you around. Remember that cracked out kid selling his KOF99 AES for like 30 bucks? Ah, the golden days of NGF tainted Neo collecting................UNDER THE NEO GEO MOON FOR f'ING EVER!:D

I don't remember how you know about that, but I own that very KOF 99. :mr_t:

Ah yes, UTNGM. It's a Samurai Shodown joke, a ridiculously long name, and a Prince pun...all rolled into one. All things I enjoy...

The old days were pretty awesome, even if the webpage builders have gotten better.

yori2004

n00b
Few days ago @gdri RT a post from someone who was director, scriptwriter, graphic artist, etc. on Karate Ninja Sho. He's @kin68000 on Twitter.

He wrote several posts outlining the development terms, detailing the game's content, and explaining why the game was cancelled.

The game met with great success during the first location tests. His supervisor planned an upcoming location test in a small room on the day of a celebration, so that it would be a failure. This was the case and the supervisor asked an employee to remove the ROM from the game. The employee preferred to hide the ROM. The director of Aicom was furious when he learned that the game had been deleted.

Google Translation
https://twitter.com/gdri
A long time ago, when I was making a NEOGEO game called Karate Ninja Sho, I was interviewed by a magazine (I forgot the name of the magazine). It's kind of similar, isn't it? "

After the reporter returned, I said, "Why did you know why I made the Galactic Nintendo?" And the main programmer said, "The game you make has a unique smell! It's like a Kanayama smell." T ..... I hate something! w

It was difficult to make this game. It was an order from President Inoue of Acom, who is called a youkai in the game industry, and since the president's instructions explain the image by talking onomatopoeia, we do not start the game planning from decoding the image. You can't do it w

For example, like this "Kanayama-kun! My image is like this! A little ninja is running with a slapstick! You throw a huge enemy with a burn! Do you understand?" "Ah. Is it a burn with a slapstick? "Sorry! If you understand it, thank you!"

"Yeah! Burn with Tata Tata! That's why the title is Ninja Karate! Cool!" "Wow! 』And the title is not enough to turn over from Ninja Karate to Karate Ninja, so I added the name of the main character Ninja Sho to it and made it Karate Ninja Sho.

The main content of the game is to make it a final fight type game where flashy techniques can be done with just one button and the direction of the lever, and the height of the ninjas of the main character is made small and the enemy is as big as possible and it was quite difficult.

When the game was completed to a certain extent, when I showed it to President Inoue, he said "Oh! This! This and Kanayama-kun, why don't you understand!" You're still sticking to your name

The strategy I took to convince President Inoue was the Honey Lemon strategy. "Ninja and karate are words, so if you combine only two words, the trademark registration may not pass. In the past, Honey Lemon. There have been times when several companies have released such drinks, "he said, and he was reluctantly convinced.

After President Inoue returned, the main programmer said, "It's only you that you can accurately embody the image of that person's onomatopoeia, and that you can change the dasai title that that person thought. That's it! " I hate something! 😑

By the way, the names of the four ninjas who are the main characters are Sho and the army (different colors of Sho) for male ninjas and love and Makoto (different colors of love) for female ninjas. If you read the name of the female ninja continuously, you will find that it is love and Makoto (Makoto).

The initial setting was Caroline Yoko, the name of the female ninja, so she's still decent.

The enemy is basically a reptile-type alien named Snaker who came to invade the earth, but other enemies played variously. It is a terminator that sinks while struggling even if it falls into the blast furnace when it is defeated.

In Brazil on the 2nd stage, a macho man on the beach wears boomeran pants and attacks his crotch. Well, did the reporter remember the Galactic Nintendo when he saw these enemies? I think

The last scene of the 2nd stage is the samba carnival venue, and the boss who appears there is my favorite, and I usually move slowly with a girl Robo in a costume like Jumbo Max who appeared in the Drifters all gathering in the past It is said that it will rush at high speed with a feeling of slapstick only at the time of attack

When I catch the protagonists with their huge hands, I squeeze them while making a high-pitched doll's voice. When I first saw the movement, I made "Wow! Screamed and all the staff screamed "Kimotsu!"

yori2004

n00b

Google Translation

Sorry I made you wait. Maybe I've kept you waiting too long ... Is it the Naked Director! w Let's talk about the development of Karate Ninja Sho, who was scheduled to appear in NEOGEO software today without discipline. First of all, please see my tweet yesterday for the background to this game development.

This time, I will tweet in several times, so it will be long, so if you are interested, read it all together. I tweeted yesterday that the setting was really fashionable, but the setting of the ninjas of the main character was quite elaborate.

The reason why the invading alien named Snaker came to Earth was the food that was aimed at food procurement? That's right, it eats humans. It's a very psychological setting that seems to me, and the snaker has the ability to mimic the human who ate it, and everything that looks like a human is a mimicry of the snaker.

As a setting that was not drawn in the main part of the game, in fact, the four ninjas of the main character are also eaten by the snaker. In other words, the four main characters are mimicking the snaker. I set it to eat the spirit of the snake that I ate by force.

Therefore, there was a secret setting that only four of them could fight the invader's snaker. Each ninja is protected by the four sacred beasts, and Sho is a blue dragon.

The army is Suzaku, love is White Tiger, and Makoto is protected by Genbu, and by adding the ability of Snaker, it is possible to summon the four sacred beasts and cause great damage to the enemies around. Well, it ’s a shooting game bomb.

At first glance, it may be difficult to understand the crotch attack of the macho of the boomeran pants that was tweeted yesterday with the mimicry of a snaker because the image is rough, but the crotch is sticking out with a shrimp and attacking the face. Masu w When I set this character, the person in charge of dots drew it with norinori w

And this is the girl's costume Robo like Jumbo Max of Samba Carnival that was on Twitter yesterday. There is a pattern that runs at high speed with short legs and a pattern that suddenly stretches your hands, both of which are pretty scary w

When I did a location test in this game Tokyo, Ikebukuro Gigo was popular with a daily income of over 20,000 yen, but the reason why it was not released is to read my past tweets, as always. I tweeted for a long time. Is there anyone who read it to the end? w

Oh yeah, when I saw the pictures of the main characters of this game, it was pointed out that even though I was a karate ninja, it looked like a saint Seiya, and there was no element in either ninja or karate, so I will explain. The equipment is a pot metal and the design is a snake-eating eagle. Literally eat a snake

Then, when it comes to karate, the belt around the waist is karate! I'm saying that, but it's impossible! Because the former president Inoue's small ninja runs with a slapstick and a big enemy, the title is Ninja Karate. I want to praise myself that it was well embodied.

Ah! I forgot to put the image of love and Makoto. I forgot to write something important! Actually, President Inoue had other unreasonable challenges, and he was told to create enemy bosses with CG Boligon and drop them into dot drawings.

In other words, the person in charge of drawing did a really tremendous work of creating Robo Kong and Jumbo Max with CG, and then reducing the number of colors within the range that can be seen in CG and dropping it into a dot picture. !! I think.

Even so, the people in charge of drawing watched the drawing of the crotch attack on the beach and competed with "This is good! Okay! I can't lose!" He did his best just because he was in charge of the script and made up for it.

I am really grateful that I was blessed with the development staff. Some of our followers were staff members at the time, so thank you again! Let me say. Thank you to everyone who has been with us for a long time!

Since there was a question about the ending, I will tweet about the ending. There are 4 types of endings individually when playing alone and a combination of 4 people, Sho, Army, Love, Makoto, and only the last narration part is common.

The strong warriors who received the orders of the lord who once ran around the world of the Warring States and carried out their missions with their own lives, the names of which are ninjas and the names of the lords who can be used by karate ninjas are justice! The message is at the end when the staff roll is displayed and it's over

Comment: Thank you for the inside story of Karate Ninja Sho. I am also curious about the contents of the stages after stage 3 and how many stages the development has progressed.

Answer: All 8 stages were completed. Of course, all endings were completed.

Comment: 3-7 (Karate Ninjas travel around the world)
Is it like the mother star of an eight-sided snaker or a fortress (the last boss is a snake queen like A ○ P's A ○ An Queen)?
Did you have a bad end for each combination or general purpose when playing with 4 players individually and when playing with 2 players?

Answer: I forgot the details, but it was set that Italy, France, Japan, the last was the mother ship of the snaker, and Las Boss ate the samurai with the snaker named Keitora. There were 4 types of endings and 2 players for each combination. Bad end is not unusual for me w

Google Translation

[Aicom]
NEO-GEO "Karate Ninja Sho" director, scenario, graphic artist, etc.
This game has not been released in Japan. I heard later that it was sold only overseas, but the fact is unknown. I got a high income when I did a location test in this game Shibuya and Ikebukuro.

So why wasn't it released in Japan? That's because there was a conspiracy by the development manager at that time. If you write the details, there seems to be a problem, so I will write it roughly. It was a high income in the location test in Tokyo, so I decided to do the location test in Kansai where SNK's head office is located for the release.

You set the location test on the day of the old birds during the Obon holidays, and you purposely specified a small arcade with a small number of customers to perform the location test. The reason why I did that is because when "Karate Ninja Sho" is released, my position gets worse.

At that time, the PSS developed by the team led by this shit manager didn't sell at all. In the early days of the PS release, when it was released, it couldn't sell at all, and it made a big deficit, and Mr. Inoue, the president, got angry. That's why I was developing it with my team

When "Karate Ninja Sho" gave a high income in Tokyo and his position got worse, he planned to make him sick for self-protection. At that time, SNK had a lot of other hits, so the income in Kansai was bad, so it was a crap. In addition, this shit manager told the remaining employees of my team, "Erase all the ROM!"

It seems that he gave an instruction to completely destroy the evidence, but the employee of my team who received the instruction lied to the director saying "I erased it" and kept the ROM hidden. After about half a year, SNK didn't have anything to put out, so I was instructed to do a location test of "Karate Ninja Sho" again in Kansai.

It was said that President Inoue got angry when the shit manager instructed him to erase the ROM for his own protection. Congratulations. Congratulations ww I'm sorry for this week because the talk has become long.

Anecdotal information :

Bootleg seller Atomikwave said he posted a snippet of Karate Ninja Sho's music in a promotional video for one of his bootlegs in 2015. He claimed to own the game's ROM, but could not release it or talk about the content. from the game. I asked and it turns out that the music is not from the game.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Such a shame, would be lovely if the rom would surface

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe one day, when I'm dead, these games might see the light of day.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Now THIS is is an epic necro bump! Thanks so much for sharing this! I'd long forgotten about this one.

Also fun to read posts on the first page griping about Tripod's 1mb image file size restriction. :P

yori2004

n00b
The director of the game is amazing. He is very responsive and nice. He answers questions on Twitter. For 26 years, we only had screenshots of NeoGeoFreak and we thought the game looked cool. Now we have detailed game content, working documents and the game looks great. And we didn't get the game because of the stupid behavior of an Aicom manager. There's a lot going on with the prototypes this year, especially thanks to Kduck. There was also this Toaplan shoot project earlier this year.

Google Translation of the Twitter thread posted above:
Good news? Is it? I've been tweeting for the past few days. Even though a copy of the draft plan of Karate Ninja Sho was excavated, it's been more than 20 years ago, so the paper has deteriorated severely and noise is mixed because of the copy. It's pretty hard to read, but I managed to scan the character setting design.

So the story behind the development of Karate Ninja Sho? appendix? Either one is fine, but I will publish it with a commentary! First of all, from the cover page, I wrote this title lightly with a brush pen.In the main game, one of the staff's mother said that it was the first stage of calligraphy, so I asked them to write it from the same staff.

There were many opinions that the title letters of the planning draft written by Mr. Kanayama were more dynamic and better, so the letters I wrote were adopted in the end. I made some modifications to the original picture of the cat to make it a character design that is easy to move in the game.

Next is love. In the initial setting, there are two people, a male ninja and a female ninja, so it is not love but dance.

Next is the enemy snaker. The reason why I named it snaker is because the zodiac of the year I made it was the year of the snake. Because I made it, I changed the name of the enemy boss to Serpent Reiko. It's true! It's not Jaleco!

Next is the middle boss Buffaloman on the Brazilian stage. By the way, it has nothing to do with the muscle man! I'm saying that, but the special move is the hurricane mixer.

I used to tweet from before, like the Jumbo Max girl version of Las Boss on the Brazilian stage. The name was candy. W Isn't candy cute with this face?

The next character is a pizza named Boss Romeo Valentino in the Italian stage ... I'm a pizza craftsman. My favorite is the only human being who is not eaten by snaker in the setting

It's getting more and more troublesome to write. It's a setting that is common to the middle bosses Kinryu and Ginryu brothers on the Chinese stage, but I'm using kung fu.

And it's Tsukikage, the middle boss of the Japanese stage. It was written with the image of Oiran.

So, I think it's the last boss of the Japanese stage. I'd like to be a human being of the snake's parent, Kagetora.

It's finally over w After the transformation of the last snaker mothership, Las Boss Kagetora, this technique created a high-speed continuous technique that is often found in dragon ball battles. It ’s like a continuous punch on the ground.

Actually, I thought I would scan the previous page of the proposal, but since it was a copy of the original document more than 20 years ago, it deteriorated severely and I managed to process this character design setting in Photoshop to make it easier to see. This is the limit. Forgive me with this

I've learned in the last few days that questions and lessons may be buried and not displayed in notifications when tweeting continuously, so I hope you understand even if the lessons are delayed.

Comment: Thank you for publishing valuable materials! I think there were 4 main characters, 2 males and 2 females, but are there any illustrations of the remaining characters?

Answer: This is the only character setting, because the army and Makoto have different colors for Sho and Makoto.

Comment: Oh! It's a different color character! I thought that all four characters were different characters w The boss character Candy was on the black and white screen shot. The impact is huge w

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Wow interesting information, though hard to parse the Google translate descriptions lol

geladobom

War Room Troll
And soon the game will appear. :ROFLMAO::alien:
This will end the same for the rest of the games. (As Usual)

Attachments

• Karate Ninja Show.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 11

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Holy fuck. Someone at that company was really being petty to the Karate Ninja Shō crew. I do hope we manage to see the game in motion someday. Seems that the director was really proud of the project.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Imagine having a head smaller than your clenched fists.

1658952227964.png

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
the karate ninja show

Gentlemen,

Heres the whole story on this directly from the protoman himself.

My protopage has been up for several years now. Over the course of time, I have made several updates and changes to the site. The first time I reported on this game, I listed it as "Karate Ninja Sho". This was the name given to me by the source who sent me the SOURCE pics & information (all in japanese mind you) on the game. I had (have) no way to confirm or deny his interpretation of the text for the games title (nor for the description for that matter) so I simply took whatever he said at face value.

All of the screenshots were B/W and they were all "adjusted" to be "useable" for the website. They were not the best of quality because they were cropped images from a low resolution scan of a magazine article. (I had/have no complaints as for me "beggers can't be choosers" and ANY information that comes my way proto-wise is not only MUCH appreciated but also SHARED immediately with the community on my protopage).

After about a year or so of sitting on my site, On one night I suddenly received an instant message from Chris Ray of NGF. He told me that the game was a "mistake" on my protopage and was NOT a neo-geo game. I took that at face value. Unsure wether or not to believe it. The same source (and time period) that sent me the pics & info on KNS had also sent me the source info on Warlocks of the Fates. Why the hell would they be right on one thing, but yet "LIE" on another? Made no sense to me!
However, at the same time, it did at the very least seem slightly possible. Afterall I only had an article that I could not read...black & white pictures, and no title screen.

I stuck to my guns and my instincts and decided to leave it on the protopage. I felt it "innocent until proven guilty".

About a year after that, I was making some more adjustments to the site and decided to "spruce up" the entry slightly. I added the "w" to the end of the word "sho"and came up with the theory of it being based on a popular japanese television show. (this theory had NO BASIS IN FACT!) It merely seemed somewhat believable and might lead to some feedback which in turn could yield some legit information.

Shortly after that, I cropped what I THOUGHT to be the CLOSEIST thing in my source material to be the possible "TITLE" for my "artists' conception" title screen. NOTE: I am VERY clear on my site if/when I place unofficial screens by labeling them as such.

Anyhow, long story short, that is how I came to call the game "The Karate Ninja Show". Truth is, the majority of people don't seem to notice or care about any of these games until someone else discusses them or one of them is found, etc. Then all of a sudden they "FIND" (ridiculous as it need not be found since it has been and is always there) my page and then every single little detail is disected to hell.

Anyhow, for the guy above whom I quoted in this post...you seem to be very knowledgable on reading and/or interpretting japanese text. My protopage site can only display so much and my bandwidth is very limited. Therefore not EVERYTHING I have on every proto (pics & info) can be shown on the site. Long story short, if you are willing to TRANSLATE the text for the benefit of the entire neogeo community, I can/will send you the actual SOURCE pics & info on this game which contains 2 or 3 entire pages of descriptions on the game.

Let me know, hope this helps clear things up.
Billy Pitt -- The Protoman
:drool:
Gentlemen,

this reads like the gregn "street smarts" story but is not funny and is just gay.

let's ride.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I love that people are calling this "The Karate Ninja Show"

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
the karate ninja show

Gentlemen,

Heres the whole story on this directly from the protoman himself.

My protopage has been up for several years now. Over the course of time, I have made several updates and changes to the site. The first time I reported on this game, I listed it as "Karate Ninja Sho". This was the name given to me by the source who sent me the SOURCE pics & information (all in japanese mind you) on the game. I had (have) no way to confirm or deny his interpretation of the text for the games title (nor for the description for that matter) so I simply took whatever he said at face value.

All of the screenshots were B/W and they were all "adjusted" to be "useable" for the website. They were not the best of quality because they were cropped images from a low resolution scan of a magazine article. (I had/have no complaints as for me "beggers can't be choosers" and ANY information that comes my way proto-wise is not only MUCH appreciated but also SHARED immediately with the community on my protopage).

After about a year or so of sitting on my site, On one night I suddenly received an instant message from Chris Ray of NGF. He told me that the game was a "mistake" on my protopage and was NOT a neo-geo game. I took that at face value. Unsure wether or not to believe it. The same source (and time period) that sent me the pics & info on KNS had also sent me the source info on Warlocks of the Fates. Why the hell would they be right on one thing, but yet "LIE" on another? Made no sense to me!
However, at the same time, it did at the very least seem slightly possible. Afterall I only had an article that I could not read...black & white pictures, and no title screen.

I stuck to my guns and my instincts and decided to leave it on the protopage. I felt it "innocent until proven guilty".

About a year after that, I was making some more adjustments to the site and decided to "spruce up" the entry slightly. I added the "w" to the end of the word "sho"and came up with the theory of it being based on a popular japanese television show. (this theory had NO BASIS IN FACT!) It merely seemed somewhat believable and might lead to some feedback which in turn could yield some legit information.

Shortly after that, I cropped what I THOUGHT to be the CLOSEIST thing in my source material to be the possible "TITLE" for my "artists' conception" title screen. NOTE: I am VERY clear on my site if/when I place unofficial screens by labeling them as such.

Anyhow, long story short, that is how I came to call the game "The Karate Ninja Show". Truth is, the majority of people don't seem to notice or care about any of these games until someone else discusses them or one of them is found, etc. Then all of a sudden they "FIND" (ridiculous as it need not be found since it has been and is always there) my page and then every single little detail is disected to hell.

Anyhow, for the guy above whom I quoted in this post...you seem to be very knowledgable on reading and/or interpretting japanese text. My protopage site can only display so much and my bandwidth is very limited. Therefore not EVERYTHING I have on every proto (pics & info) can be shown on the site. Long story short, if you are willing to TRANSLATE the text for the benefit of the entire neogeo community, I can/will send you the actual SOURCE pics & info on this game which contains 2 or 3 entire pages of descriptions on the game.

Let me know, hope this helps clear things up.
Billy Pitt -- The Protoman
:drool:
shut the fuck up, The Pseudoman

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Finally Some Help! / A Thousand Thanks!

Gentlemen,

Yes of course I have been monitoring the "out of the blue" revival of this 2 year old dead thread, and who would have thought that after spinning wildly out of control (off topic) that someone would actually finally read and reply to the on topic and significant request which I made back in November 2003...!!! Absolutely unbelievable if you ask me!

Anyhow, A thousand thanks to you my friend for taking time to sit down and translate the text from the article. The guy whom I had sent the text and pic files to (noted much earlier in this thread) simply never did anything with them. Oh well, better late then never and you came through here for us. Thank you again.

Furthermore, yes indeed I have the additional page from the article which also contains many more screenshots and alot more information (some pics never before seen) and yet AGAIN I would be willing to send the file out to be translated. (as I said I did this already two years ago but the guy was a dead beat!) But if your willing to translate this second page, simply say so here in this thread, email me your email address, and I will send the file to you tonight.

Thanks again, that was very nice of you and very helpfull.

Also as a sidenote, we all pretty much suspected the Yumekobo and AICOM connection (translated as eicom in the article) since Pulstar was made by Aicom and Blazing Star (unofficial sequel) was made by Yumekobo. Now we know for certain thanks to you. So many thanks!

;)

Regards,
Billy Pitt
no one cares. kill yourself.