Just bought Duke Nukem Forever

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
For three dollars at Best Buy. Was this game a complete disaster sales wise or what?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It was universally panned. It was fun for what it was, I thought.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Too bad about the money.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
For three dollars new I'd check it out for shits n' giggles. It's the Duke. I know paying a full 60 dollars for it would be a bit much, but I think if the game was a downloadable title I think people would still complain, but for the price, why not.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
If the game had come with an Asian concubine and a weekly check for a $1,000 for the rest of the buyer’s natural life, it still couldn’t have lived up to the hype.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Crazy, a friend of mine was just saying he bought that game at Best Buy for three bucks. Seems well worth it to me.

I checked to see what it was in Canada... Ten bucks. WTF.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
heh- i had to swing by the old best buy earlier today. i guess you got a deal-- i remembered the thread and i went to the game section and it was $40 new and $13 used by me.

oh well, no cheap thrills for me.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I bought the Balls of Steel Edition new, got the Turd Burglar achievement, and got everything I hoped for. I need to try the new DLC, The Doctor Who Cloned Me.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
I bought the Balls of Steel Edition new, got the Turd Burglar achievement, and got everything I hoped for. I need to try the new DLC, The Doctor Who Cloned Me.

Similar experience to what I had. I didn't LOVE the game, didn't hate it. Not sure I got my $90 worth out of that Balls of Steel edition... But what the hell, I never did get anything out of limited editions. I will most likely abstain from all future limited editions...

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
If someone was standing by the door handing the game out for free I wouldn't take it. I'd rather take a leaflet about Mormonism.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
If someone was standing by the door handing the game out for free I wouldn't take it. I'd rather take a leaflet about Mormonism.

Just a game... If nothing else you shoot a few aliens and have a mild chuckle or two. Well maybe A mild chuckle. I almost think that quite a few of the adults that played Duke Nukem 3D as kids had forgotten how stupid and offensive of a game it was to begin with.

I had downloaded it on Steam, so I couldn't really pass it off to an unsuspecting friend when I was done. Just uninstalled it.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i went into it having read no reviews or anything, it was a tenner here. it wasn't bad, it wasn't good, it was middle of the road at best. i enjoyed it for the while i played it, once i beat it i left it on the shelf, but i found it enjoyable for the few hours i got out of it. would i play it again? maybe, but it'll be a while.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It was universally panned. It was fun for what it was, I thought.

Definitely. Got the collectors edition with a small Duke statue and other stuff from my wife shortly after release and really enjoyed the game. Nice old-school FPS and really worth spending some time with.

Guess most (younger) gamers hated it because it's no Battlefield or whatever hip co-op online FPS they usually play. Ah well.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just think of this as a newly surfaced proto.