JNX Phase - New Fighting Adapter for Your Dedicated Neo Geo cab **PREORDER**

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
This is a project that I've been working on for 2 years now and we have finally got it to a version where I'm happy with all that it does.

The JNX Phase uses the already known 1+2=3 button method found in Samurai Shodown. Using that logic, the JNX Phase let's you play your favorite 6 button fighters in your dedicated 4 button Neo Geo cabinet without drilling 2 more holes in your CP.

The layout goes:

A = P1
B = P2
A+B = P3
C = K1
D = K2
C+D = K3

But since now we are using a microcontroller we can have these extra abilities:

A+B+C = 3x Punch
B+C+D = 3 x Kick

There is also a switch that flips between Fight Mode (4=6) or Neo mode where it's the normal 1:1 with each button.

Audio
There is a switch to flip between mono (single slot mono cabs) or stereo (MVS stereo cabs).

Expansion
The edge connector works directly with a Blue Elf/Pandora's Box. There is an 8 pin JST header on the adapter to connect it's outputs to a kick harness input on your fighting board of choice so you can use this fighting system on whatever you want. For example, for CPS2, I can provide an 8P to CPS2 kick harness to plug directly into the A board etc.

Negatron
It also has negatron support, for those boards that may require it. When set to Neo, you can use this adapter as a normal JAMMA to MVS adapter.

Since I've spent so much time developing this product I've exhausted a lot of funds with the R&D so I need to run it as a preorder. I currently have 20 microcontrollers already programmed with the logic.

Right now targeted price point is $38.99 plus shipping($4 1st class and $7 Priority in the US, International is $8 1st class and $34 priority).

Keep in mind that the target price is the max price for the adapter. If parts come out less due to a good pre-order quantity, the savings will be reflected in the final price. If the final price is lower than the projected then anyone who preordered will be refunded the price difference. Depending on quantity, price could swing anywhere from $2-5 cheaper.

I'm not sure how much in demand this adapter is which is why I'm doing it as a pre-order. I need at least 20 units pre-ordered to move forward.

If you would like to order one, please send the funds via Paypal me at:

https://www.paypal.me/JammaNationX

Please send the correct total and post here when you order one.

Base price - $38.99
1st class US - $4
Priority US - $7
1st class International - $8
Priority International - $33

Please put "JNX Phase Pre-order" in the notes. The first 20 orders will get a free kick harness of their choice ($6.99 additional after pre-order). I'm willing to expand this offer to any pre-orders placed in this period but keep in mind after the first 20, there is a slightly longer wait since I would need more microcontrollers to be programmed.

CPS1/Taito
CPS2/3
STV
Killer Instinct 1/2
Mortal Kombat 1
Mortal Kombat 2-4
etc

Teaser pic from my IG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BULuz8uhVlS/?taken-by=jamma_nation_x

As always, thank you for your continued support. I'll be posting in here regularly with updates on the project. Thank you to those that support this project.

Let me know if you have any questions before placing your pre-order.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Rating - 100%
41   0   0

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have a 6-button 2P setup connected to a PB4 with an Atlas and a kick harness.

Would this be plug and play for me?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I'm in as long as preorders are available at the end of the month

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Hmm, gonna leave pre-order open until June 1st. So far interest is high but pre-orders have been pretty grimm which is depressing considering what it does. Most likely I'll do this as a single 25 unit run and kill it off.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   1
What about five button games a la Atomiswave? It would be super sick to play KOF XI, FOTNS and SS6 in my Neo cab.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
This is awesome!!! I'm gonna jump in, I just got shit to do but once I get back I'll take care of it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
What about five button games a la Atomiswave? It would be super sick to play KOF XI, FOTNS and SS6 in my Neo cab.

Yup you can but the layout would be different as it would have to follow the same logic.

A=1
B=2
A+B=3
C=4
D=5

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Got one on preorder.

So I can basically use this as a replacement for an Atlus if I'm running a PB4S?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Got one on preorder.

So I can basically use this as a replacement for an Atlus if I'm running a PB4S?

Yes, you just plug it on to the Pandora, move the same jumper in the top right. From there you can choose "NEO" which is the default 5 button layout (A, B, C, D and Select) for non-6 button fighters. Flip the switch to "Fight" for the 6 button support. Also make sure you set the audio jumper to either mono(single slot mono cabs) or stereo (NEO multislot stereo cabs).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Pre-order done!

The thing is I fucked it up royally, I sent 50 bucks and I didn't make a proper note. I'm sorry, I'm in a haze but I'm down for a kick harness for CPS2 if I made the mark and it's ok with you.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Pre-order done!

The thing is I fucked it up royally, I sent 50 bucks and I didn't make a proper note. I'm sorry, I'm in a haze but I'm down for a kick harness for CPS2 if I made the mark and it's ok with you.

I made a note. Thanks bro.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Even though I didn't meet the minimum yet, I ordered the PCBs already.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Full list of Button Combos for Fight Mode with the JNX Phase:

A - Jab
B - Strong Punch
A+B - Fierce Punch
C - Short Kick
D - Forward Kick
C+D - Roundhouse Kick

A+B+C - 3x Punch
B+C+D - 3 x Kick

A+C - Jab + Short Kick
B+D - Strong Punch + Forward Kick
A+B+C+D - Fierce + Roundhouse

Other Games
--------------
KOF Neowave

A - Light Punch
B - Heavy Punch
C - Light Kick
D - Heavy Kick
A+B - Heat

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Here's the thing with Atomiswave. It counts button 3 as E, in other words it expects you to play

Where in buttons this how it would work
ACE
BD

And that's for the Neo fighters on AW.
SO I dunno, AW is a freaking mess.

Edit: You can reassing the buttons in AW, it's a PITA but it does work.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Here's the thing with Atomiswave. It counts button 3 as E, in other words it expects you to play

Where in buttons this how it would work
ACE
BD

And that's for the Neo fighters on AW.
SO I dunno, AW is a freaking mess.

Edit: You can reassing the buttons in AW, it's a PITA but it does work.

Ya you can remap or you can just set the Phase to the Neo setting and it'll work as it should on a Neo cab which would make select the E button.