Jesus and time travel

LankBlunts

n00b
I'm currently making an attempt at doing a sci-fi type short story, but i wanted some creative input.

In the distant future, the earth is in it's final battle, technology has moved on and the true antichrist is revealed as an android leader who wants mankind destroyed once and for all.
Que plot sequence of the explanations about early warnings like the barcode having 666 in its line codes, and www (w being hebrew for 6), man cannot buy or sell without it, the forehead and the hand (mouse and computer screen) etc etc.
So this progresses and a human assasin is sent to assasinate the leader, the leader is shot in the head in front of many people, but the BEAST does not die from the fatal wound and so people in other countrys are like: "who is like unto the beast, how can we fight a military leader revealed as a self repairable android"
The antichrist steps up the game and produces android soldiers (demon squadron), que nuclear holocaust, panic, destruction disease and war.

Something has to be done, the resistance must not fail, so they set up the G.E.S.I.S project: Genetically Engineered Super Intelligent System

The system is desighned to create a benevolent android type lifeform, but it must be born from women, essentially a human android, a human with android super intelligence and self repair.

Since the USA and most of europe is in total chaos, the resistance chooses a more less occupied land and sends Lt.Gabriel Smith to find a women many many years in the past at a time before the trouble started.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So you get the idea, is it possible to tie this up so it can work?, like would it be better if they did not know they will create a different timeline? Obviously this means the barcode/www plot stuff cannot be mentioned, nor can the bible, since the bible IS in the alternate time-line (ours).

I mean it would be a bit crap if they know of jesus, this timeline is an alternate timeline, to create a reason for the history.
And there has to be a plot twist, like the future at the start of the story not occuring because of the g.e.s.i.s project.

It's starting to look like there is no way this can be a short story, i'd need to write in a plot of 2000 years where jesus did not exist and explain why our timeline won't end up in the same boat.

LankBlunts

n00b
Sorry this was supposed to be in the unrelated room, apologies.
Move to unrelated room if need be.

Last edited:

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
This thread has everything. 1.21 Jigawatts! (With a J!) :buttrock:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Apocalyptic themes based on christian mythology are so cliche and played out.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I find the good vs bad thing too shallow, story-wise the gospel according to John has more to offer than just 666 and the antichrist.

The G.E.S.I.S. thing does not make sense in light of the religious theme. Your antichrist perverts god's nature by using androids as soldiers, and then your heroes create genetical über-humans? Hmmm...

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It might work if you gave it a precious-subversive slant.

..I just noticed that neobuyer hasn't posted in a month.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
pfft... user name is hal jordan and he doesn't have a G.L. avatar.....

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
LankBlunts said:
i'd need to write in a plot of 2000 years where jesus did not exist and explain why our timeline won't end up in the same boat.

Just one small problem with this.......

Jesus has always existed.

[B]1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

John 1:1-18

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fish_Monger said:

[B]1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

That is just too precious.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Fish_Monger said:

You do know you're quoting a book of fiction, right? You don't see me quoting Lord of the Rings talking about Bilbo Baggins, do you?

On topic: the idea seems to be somewhat silly.... insulting. I can't put my finger on it. Too perfect and therefore insults the intelligence. WHY does it have to be born from a woman, and WHY is the name so close to Jesus? :oh_no: The idea really really is silly.

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
Spike Spiegel said:
You do know you're quoting a book of fiction, right? You don't see me quoting Lord of the Rings talking about Bilbo Baggins, do you?

On topic: the idea seems to be somewhat silly.... insulting. I can't put my finger on it. Too perfect and therefore insults the intelligence. WHY does it have to be born from a woman, and WHY is the name so close to Jesus? :oh_no: The idea really really is silly.

Oops! My bad! I forgot that the world just exploded from some nebula and giraffes walked out of it followed by intelligent bi-peds.

:oh_no:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Fish_Monger said:

QFT

the_big_lebowski_jesus.jpg

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Jesus' limitless compassion even extended to dinosaurs:

jesusexpand.jpg

That's not your momma's cuddly herbivore either that's a fucking meat-loving Raptor!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Fish_Monger said:
Oops! My bad! I forgot that the world just exploded from some nebula and giraffes walked out of it followed by intelligent bi-peds.

You do know there are other religions that are NOT based on some Jewish guy that was good at tricks and pissed off everyone that he got himself hung on a cross, right? The bible is fiction, my friend. I'm sorry.

2000 years from now, I can see people praising Lord George Lucas. And amen he was good for giving us the church of latter day jedi! Same silly nonsense. 2000 years from now someone like you will say "but the Jedi always existed" then begin to quote Episode 4 in some way... When someone says it's a bunch of fooey, like I am doing right now, someone ELSE will come in and quote St. Ackbar saying "it's a trap".

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fish_Monger said:

So you don't believe in dinosaurs, then.

And Jesus was white, of course.

Good lord, fundamentalist Christians are so gullible.

I've got some swampland in Florida I want to sell you, great real estate.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
The problem with this story is that W is Omega in greek(numerical value 800) and it has no meaning in hebrew, although the letter that represents "f" in the hebrew that IS six also can be pronounced "waw" instead...

Huh. Never thought of that.

Last edited:

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
jro said:
So you don't believe in dinosaurs, then.

And Jesus was white, of course.

Good lord, fundamentalist Christians are so gullible.

I've got some swampland in Florida I want to sell you, great real estate.

Dinosaurs are described in the book of Job, so yes aside from their obvious remains I believe in them.

*edit*

And what do Dinosaurs have to do with anything? Roffle! Way to come out of left field there. Besides, I do not have to defend or persuade the truth of my God to anyone. I just have to give an account. And here it is:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

Last edited:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Fish_Monger said:
Dinosaurs are described in the book of Job, so yes aside from their obvious remains I believe in them.

*edit*

And what do Dinosaurs have to do with anything? Roffle! Way to come out of left field there. Besides, I do not have to defend or persuade the truth of my God to anyone. I just have to give an account. And here it is:

20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

Fixed your bbcode.

DInosaurs have everything to do with the Bible. The bible simply does not account for billions of years of prehistory before civilization when taken literally. Genesis says absolutely nothing about the Raptor in the literal sense.

LankBlunts

n00b
I'm an atheist, and so i view the bible in itself and other religions as mostly just a creation of mans imagination and therefore in of themselves works of fiction or at best half truths.

The idea that what i write might be insulting is to my mind ridiculous, if i write a work of fiction and you are insulted by it there has to be something wrong with you, rather than me.

If i put a work of fiction out as a TRUTH however, then you can say it is an insult!
But to my mind the bible itself IS a work of fiction and therefore i can say most religous people are an insult to all that stands.
You too have plot holes and errors, only for you these plot holes an errors are a reality.

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
taitai said:
Fixed your bbcode.

DInosaurs have everything to do with the Bible. The bible simply does not account for billions of years of prehistory before civilization when taken literally. Genesis says absolutely nothing about the Raptor in the literal sense.

Thanks for fixing the code.

The Bible fully describes dinosaurs in the book of Job. Job is the oldest known book in the Bible (as far as when it was written, not about the time it speaks of).

According to Scripture, the earth is 6,000 years old:

Creation.......2,000 years later the great flood.....2,000 years later the birth of Christ.......2,000 years later brings us to day.

Coming from a humanistic point of view, I would find it much harder to believe that all of this just "happened" than to believe a multi-thousand year old document that was written over thousands of years by scores of men and has practically no inconsistencies. That, coupled with the fact that I have experienced Christ's power in my own life.....I have made my decision. It's definitely not my position to judge those who do not agree with me.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Spike Spiegel said:
You do know there are other religions that are NOT based on some Jewish guy that was good at tricks and pissed off everyone that he got himself hung on a cross, right? The bible is fiction, my friend. I'm sorry.

2000 years from now, I can see people praising Lord George Lucas. And amen he was good for giving us the church of latter day jedi! Same silly nonsense. 2000 years from now someone like you will say "but the Jedi always existed" then begin to quote Episode 4 in some way... When someone says it's a bunch of fooey, like I am doing right now, someone ELSE will come in and quote St. Ackbar saying "it's a trap".

Yet the strange thing is that when people follow this "fictional book" their lives usually go a whole lot smoother. Their family lives are better, their friends are there for them more often, their marriages work out more often than not, they are more content with who they are, and they are not slaves to their addictions. Sure there are some whackos out there who call themselves followers of God and act like lunatics, but these people are not really following the Bibles teachings. There is no way you can deny that if everyone followed the values of the Bible the world would be a better place. Peave, love, kindness, friendship, and honesty is WHAT THIS WORLD NEEDS. I am on my search for truth right now, and am studying the Bible. Sure it is hard for me to believe in it at times, but it is also hard for me to believe that some random explosion created the universe. How did this world come about? Doesnt it ever bother you to not know? Don't you want to know the meaning of your existence? I know there is a reason for each and everyone of us here, I refuse to believe otherwise. This world is too complex to not have a creator. Take for instance the human brain...How intricate is that? It would be unbelievable to write it off as a fluke thing that just came to be. Also, there is no purpose in life without God. People just living to die, not thinking about the future until it happens. What makes me feel that the Bible is truth when I have my doubts, is that I know that what it teaches leads to a good life, there is no denying that. Every single problem of the world is due to sin but most of the world has not figured this out yet. If anyone else says otherwise; Christian or not, they are lying to themselves. What is the world teaching us today? Have an affair, its great! Let's get drunk and have sex with hot girls! Lets only think about ourselves and not about anyone else! The world is slowly getting worse and worse too, just as the Bible said it would. More and more violence every year, more and more divorce every year, more and more broken families every year. Take a look around you. I guess the Bible predicted that one right didn't it? If you start to follow what the Bible teaches you will see it do great things in your life, and then there will be no denying that it is truth.

In fact, God gives us a challenge if we do not believe him. Here is one of my favorite verses:

Jeremiah 29:13 (Today's New International Version)

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. "

Notice how it says "All of your heart". If one truely devotes a good chunk of their time to praying to God and studying the Bible, truely, with all of their heart, they will find God. This is his promise to us. The problem is, many people just go to church on Sunday and don't feel anything so they write it off as just a bunch of nonsense. These people are not seeking with all of their heart, which is why they never experience God's love.

The choice is yours of course. I am just giving you some food for thought, and where I am at on my religious journey.

-Mike

Last edited: