JAMMA 619-in-1 PCB Question - Hold your Fire!

I know, I know... Never thought I'd even remotely consider a multi game board, but Holland Computers has a pretty sweet looking deal on a 619-in-1 PCB. Wouldn't replace the current stable of legit boards, but it would be nice to throw it in every once in a while to play a bunch of random games.

Anybody have experience with this board? It does not accept a CPS 1 or CPS2/3 kick harness, so how would one expect to wire in the kick buttons?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I think the tradition with these boards is that they try to use some ground wire for jamma button 5 and sync wire for jamma button 6 and then you will have buzzing sound and no video sync. but if you manage to start the game, the game logic will allow you to kick just fine in the background. only you will see nothing and your ears will bleed.

Not that it matters. if you manage to get picture from the multipieceofshit, it will not run any cps or neo game acceptably anyways. at most you should expect to be able to run some semi-acceptable version of early 80s games...

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OI! Silly n00b... moved this to general questions about TECH...

...Look at the Forum titles next time man... geez...

xROTx

Fuck this multi board then. Just best to stick with the real thing as always, so I will.

I like how the Calvin and Hobbes fanboy has so much attitude, haha. That shit hasn't been entertaining since, well, never.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Fuck this multi board then. Just best to stick with the real thing as always, so I will.

I like how the Calvin and Hobbes fanboy has so much attitude, haha. That shit hasn't been entertaining since, well, never.

Pretty brave talk. Treating the mods like that, especially rot, isn't wise.

Good luck.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So, one cannot have an opinion on this forum? Or the ability to defend one's self? Good to know.

I was just giving you a heads up rot's a mod. if you thought the way rot addressed your mistakes was an attack and you needed to defend yourself then wow...you may not like it here. Perhaps you saying sorry for putting your thread in the wrong area would have been a better approach ;)

Don't get all defensive and just enjoy this place.

Or get mad, rant, be banned and forgotten.

I was just giving you a heads up rot's a mod. if you thought the way rot addressed your mistakes was an attack and you needed to defend yourself then wow...you may not like it here. Perhaps you saying sorry for putting your thread in the wrong area would have been a better approach ;)

Don't get all defensive and just enjoy this place.

Or get mad, rant, be banned and forgotten.

Interesting how your PM had such a vastly different tone and aim than your public post here. That says a lot about someone...

Anyway, the professional thing to do would be to move the post to wherever the mod thought it should go and leave it at that. Resorting to petty name-calling is just unnecessary. Oh well. I stick to what I said. That's all for this thread.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Interesting how your PM had such a vastly different tone and aim than your public post here. That says a lot about someone...

True. With PMs I'm very social and polite but my goal is the same.

synbiosfan said:
I'm not trying to give you a hard time. My intent is friendly advice on taking things easy for a bit. If it's not being taken that way, I'm sorry and won't bother you further.

Jim

Not only are you reading this thread but other new or future new members may read it and learn. This place is full of attitude, hoping to cause a meltdown. Petty name-calling is the norm btw.