Israel & Palestine

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm still trying to figure out if it is justifiable to bomb a hospital full of children because militants are using them as a "human shield".

Last edited:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I don’t think anyone is debating the legitimacy of the Israeli state. But there are not two states, just one: “Palestine” is some bizarre occupied territory.
Yes the Palestines and basically half of the arab world.

Israel is a modern western state. They need to move towards a solution with diplomacy. Not blowing stateless people up.
The US blew up Iraq for no apparent reason not 20 years ago. The UK still has a conflict within its borders. So I think that is what modern western states do.
The only solution for this problem is to see that the living conditions for Palestines outside of Israel are drastically improved so they don't feel the need to turn to people like Hamas. Segregation and apartheid aren't doing anyone favors. You can't win people's hart and souls if you keep pushing their faces in the dirt.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm still trying to figure out if it is justifiable to bomb a hospital full of children because militants are using them as a "human shield".

It’s a war crime. Perpetrating country should be forced to pay reparations.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

You would prefer another target? A military target? Then name the system!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

All military responses should be measured and rational. The attacks from Hamas have been feckless, but the reactions from Israel have been severe. Like if a baby hits a parent, and the parent feels nothing, and still responds with a crippling haymaker. That’s Israel. Hamas is nothing.

Attacking civilians is intended to make the Palestians fear for their lives and seek escape. A complete Palestinian exodus/extinction would make a 1 state solution for Israel palatable.

lithy

20 Year Member
All military responses should be measured and rational. The attacks from Hamas have been feckless, but the reactions from Israel have been severe. Like if a baby hits a parent, and the parent feels nothing, and still responds with a crippling haymaker. That’s Israel. Hamas is nothing.

Attacking civilians is intended to make the Palestians fear for their lives and seek escape. A complete Palestinian exodus/extinction would make a 1 state solution for Israel palatable.

So a proportionate response would be to fire a bunch of dumb rockets into Gaza? Land where they may.

Israel contends at least that they are attempting to avoid civilian casualties and deaths, whether that is true or not could be investigated. But the death of children does not on it's face make a bombing severe or at least not any more so than hiding your military apparatus among civilians would.

War crimes are just the modern militaries complaining about asymmetrical warfare. It is the Redcoats asking the Rebels to stand in the field exchanging volleys. They want to keep things limited to a fight they can win.

Also international crimes are dumb.

lithy

20 Year Member
That was just a Star Wars quote by the way.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So a proportionate response would be to fire a bunch of dumb rockets into Gaza? Land where they may.

Israel contends at least that they are attempting to avoid civilian casualties and deaths, whether that is true or not could be investigated. But the death of children does not on it's face make a bombing severe or at least not any more so than hiding your military apparatus among civilians would.

War crimes are just the modern militaries complaining about asymmetrical warfare. It is the Redcoats asking the Rebels to stand in the field exchanging volleys. They want to keep things limited to a fight they can win.

Israel’s contention is based on them showering Palestinians with leaflets warning the people that their homes will be bombed, so GYFO or die.

If they wanted to minimize civilian casualties, they could have a surgical strike. Israel has shown the capability for this, but doesn't with Palestine. That is their design.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Wrong

We are all human beings on this rock trying to make a functional and progressing society for our species.
International law and treaties are agreed upon by all and are basic rights and responsibilities.
Most of it's like 80 years old, stuff your grandparents parents decided was wrong.

I dunno I view the Magna Carta as the base for the Constitution and bill of rights.
Something all human beings on this planet should be subject to and have as basic rights for the last 800 years.

Your logic doesn't add up. In the instance of the United States/Un it's a hindrance. We've been mostly combating insurgents, terrorists and rebels for the last 30 years. We are supposed to follow the rules but they don't.

Yeah only read the last few posts Evil Wasabi and even Sylvie put it perfectly nothing to add except fuck Israel these days and I consider myself to be a Zionist. How is Bibi still around? I thought him and his party have been voted out like four times now and he's
supposed to be indicted on corruption charges and standing trial right now. Instead he's killing babies and blowing up news buildings.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

In this thread, I'm purposely taking the absolutist anti-war stance as the moral high ground is easiest to defend.

lithy

20 Year Member
The US has only been in five wars. We're practically pacifists!

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Both sides do stupid stuff and are acting irrational...

which is why they need parental guiding..

the whole area should be given back to the Ottoman empire / Turkey. you've never heart of them killig each other all day long during the Ottoman reign.
sometimes freedom is hard to handle...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure that we were in 5 wars during the Obama administration.

War is a social construct.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Both sides do stupid stuff and are acting irrational...

which is why they need parental guiding..

the whole area should be given back to the Ottoman empire / Turkey. you've never heart of them killig each other all day long during the Ottoman reign.
sometimes freedom is hard to handle...
Turkey should be given back to Attaturk, but first we need to bring Attaturk back from the dead, by cloning his DNA, along with the DNA of other famous world leaders, like Lenin, Genghis Khan, Hannibal, and Caesar.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
img_show.aspx

lithy

20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure that we were in 5 wars during the Obama administration.

War is a social construct.

War is a legal framework, one that the Congress has the sole power to declare.

The mealy-mouthed wording on this page, lol, it should say, "since then, Congress has abdicated it's Constitutional power and defers to the executive."