Is your Neo geo AES console cracked?

Is your Neo Geo AES system cracked or missing a chunk of plastic?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Nah, that's from people using them to actually play games.

Are they jumping from ten feet away from the console and slamming the carts in like it’s the people’s elbow or something?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Are they jumping from ten feet away from the console and slamming the carts in like it’s the people’s elbow or something?

I was referring to wearing off the gold Neo Geo logo on the controllers.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Also If your system is cracked or missing...

The vertical line dividing the left and right ass cheeks? Yeah, I got that crack coming with my AES. As for missing pieces... ask analogue. Their wood dildos are often missing pieces. Or the point anyway.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Mine is fine. But it is kept in a plastic box most of the time. It has been played maybe once in my meetings and I don't even have single game for it, just used converter then. So it could be brittle but not broken because lack of use (I prefer my cabinets and CMVSes).

Anyway, storing conditions affect ABS a lot. Black colored ABS is not usually very sensitive to photo-oxidation, dye will absorb the energy instead of the chromophores, but it suffers thermal and hydro degradation like other colors and of course still some photo-oxidation happens. These will cause chain scission and polymer crosslinking mostly in the polybutadiene phase which leads to more hard and brittle plastic. Degradation in the SAN phase also makes it even less impact resistant.

So keep your AES away from UV light, store it in dry and cool place.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I've come and gone from Neo Geo. Regretting selling the console, gotten another one, gotten non working ones to try to fix, etc etc.

I've probably had 5 Japanese consoles in my possession over the past several years. None have had any broken plastic parts. Just messed up caps, solder joints etc. I've had some real junkers too.