Is NES collecting even a realistic option these days?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Guys,
I want you to help me finish my NES collection.
I am going for a complete cart-only set, a CIB set, and a sealed VGA set.

Games must be Mint/Unplayed.
Here is my current collection:

I offer good price. :)
Greets.

P.S.
Post your NES collection/setup

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Guys,

Greets.

P.S.

I hope this is a trollpost

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hope your house burns down with all your NES games (CIB, in fact) so that one day you can realize what's important in life.

edit: faggot

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I hope your house burns down with all your NES games (CIB, in fact) so that one day you can realize what's important in life.

edit: faggot

Calm down Lonedrunk... :annoyed:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Calm down Lonedrunk... :annoyed:

Haha I know right? Just woke up from a drunknap and was all 'what's up with this guy?'

Oh boy is my face red! From drinking and embarrassment.

But you know what I really regret? Never playing Kickmaster.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I used to have a large NES collection, I bought when the prices were low and most titles were easily available.

A vast majority of the games sat on a shelf, rotting.

I sold off a ton of them a few years back...there was just no reason to have them.

I've bought a few games in box that really are favorites, Super Mario 1-3, Ninja Gaiden I and II, River City Ransom, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy. I have all of these complete in box as display pieces.

The rest of my titles I've boiled down to the timeless NES classics. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but there's 50 or so that I still have.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Guys,

[/URL]

Greets.

P.S.

1230884668192_zps6e6b3c66.gif

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I've bought a few games in box that really are favorites, Super Mario 1-3, Ninja Gaiden I and II, River City Ransom, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy. I have all of these complete in box as display pieces.

The rest of my titles I've boiled down to the timeless NES classics. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but there's 50 or so that I still have.

Sounds like you have a nice little setup.
River City Ransom is the best. No love for Ninja Gaiden III though?

Also, if anyone wants those 2 NES games in the pic above you can have 'em for free. I'll even cover shipping.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Sounds like you have a nice little setup.
River City Ransom is the best. No love for Ninja Gaiden III though?

Also, if anyone wants those 2 NES games in the pic above you can have 'em. I'll even cover shipping.

III was one of those games that managed to piss me off to insane levels. I know that I definitely do not speak for everyone, but to me, a game is just that, a game. I play the to have fun, or to escape, or whatever. I do not play them to be frustrated to great levels. NG III was one of those games...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Against better judgement I started buying famicom carts here and there. I only have about 15 or so. Mostly just the stuff I'd like to see my kid play, but I know in reality she won't have anything to do with them.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'd post but the flash will severely damage my box art once amplified through the VGA casing.

Just know that I have all the R@R3Z including that flintstones game that get's all the women damp.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I always thought Ninja Gaiden III was the easiest of the trilogy.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'd post but the flash will severely damage my box art once amplified through the VGA casing.

Just know that I have all the R@R3Z including that flintstones game that get's all the women damp.

Gotta upgrade to the UV cases, silly.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Against better judgement I started buying famicom carts here and there. I only have about 15 or so. Mostly just the stuff I'd like to see my kid play, but I know in reality she won't have anything to do with them.

Funnily, my son is obsessed with Nintendo and he's only 3. He then was heavy into Pacman videos on YT, so I picked up a Pacman cart for the Famicom and downloaded the Lite App for the iPad. Basically it's YouTube that's done it to him, it's been a small instigation on my part. He knows Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, all from YT. I came home from work tonight and my wife had a Super Mario Bros. longplay video on, she said it'd been in repeat for hours as he wanted to listen to "Mario music". I couldn't believe it. He was getting pissed at the player too for missing the coins.

Start your kids on 2600 and move up, it works, and YT is the key!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I always thought Ninja Gaiden III was the easiest of the trilogy.

Ya, it really is. You have that absurd floaty jump and your sword attack has more range than any other Ninja Gaiden, especially after the upgrade pickup.

My problem with Ninja Gaiden III was that shitty floaty jump it has and the fact that it seemed like they ran out of ideas for Ninja Gaiden so someone at the team was like, hey guys, I got it....ROBOTS!...AMIRITE?!?!

IMO, in terms of difficulty from hardest to easiest it's definitely chronological order, but even the 1st isn't that hard after a few playthroughs.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
III was one of those games that managed to piss me off to insane levels. I know that I definitely do not speak for everyone, but to me, a game is just that, a game. I play the to have fun, or to escape, or whatever. I do not play them to be frustrated to great levels. NG III was one of those games...

I agree, US NG3 was just too difficult for no good reason. The japanese version was much better, there is an english patch for it floating around out there, turns it into a fantastic game.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
My NES collection is stuck for the second time...

I bought european NES games in the first time but I was upset when prices became obscene 7-8 years ago, so I sold'em and started to buy just american titles, as I did with SNES. Same layout, 60hz, no italian/spanish/german/french bad translated bullshit on the box and most of all, far cheaper.

Unfortunally also US market became too expensive.
I'll trade everything for a russian/korean complete clone set, fuck yeah...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
they ran out of ideas for Ninja Gaiden so someone at the team was like, hey guys, I got it....ROBOTS!...AMIRITE?!?!

This is something I'd like to know about. Wonder if there was ever an interview out there about why they went that direction, and if there were any anime influences for that.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Despite the troll post, there are people that have had their whole collection VGA graded, and they only buy VGA graded stuff.
They are usually young and dumb.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This is something I'd like to know about. Wonder if there was ever an interview out there about why they went that direction, and if there were any anime influences for that.

And that brings me to my other beef with NG III, the absurd plot.

NG I was something unlike anything I had seen at that point. The "cinematic" were awesome and the plot of NG I is actually rather good. II was still decent, but you could see the shark being jumped just a little. III was rather dumb. I know lightning rarely strikes twice so I understand the entire picture. To me, III was just the weakest in the series, enough so that I do not care to play it ever again.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The plot's ridiculous, sure, but at the end of the day and it's an NES game, and it plays similar to its predecessors. Fast-paced sidescrolling action, what's not to love about that. The plot rarely matters, tbh. Although NG really did kick off the cinematic thing in video games.

It's kinda like Ikari Warriors III. From Rambo to Alien, what the hell mate.

Speaking of Ikari Warriors, Guerrilla War is the best Ikari Warriors clonse, and better than Ikari Warriors even.

My brothers,

Commando or Ikari Warriors?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The plot's ridiculous, sure, but at the end of the day and it's an NES game, and it plays similar to its predecessors. Fast-paced sidescrolling action, what's not to love about that. The plot rarely matters, tbh. Although NG really did kick off the cinematic thing in video games.

It's kinda like Ikari Warriors III. From Rambo to Alien, what the hell mate.

Speaking of Ikari Warriors, Guerrilla War is the best Ikari Warriors clonse, and better than Ikari Warriors even.

My brothers,

Commando or Ikari Warriors?

It's gotta be Ikari. Commando was good...Ikari was better. I was the largest fan of MERCS, truth be told.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i'm referencing myself. see general discussion: Mercs or Shock Troopers