Is my game ruined?

Jonathan

"Corky"
HALP!! I got a legit copy of an American Samurai Shodown 2, but it seems sometimes when I put it in my AES and start it, the image, especially the start up screen looks a bit broken up and pixeled in some spots; I have to pull it out and and put it back in to get the image right. PLEASE HALP!! I don't want to regard it as broken and have my bro, who bought it on my case. Even the eraser on the pins didn't help.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ah Corky, you're something else man.

That's the nature of cartridge based systems, you have to work with them sometimes to get them to work. It happens to all of us from time to time. Your game is fine.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Corkscrew said:
But those tips were MVS and I got AES. I tried theraser tip and it didn't work.

They are the same cleaning methods for Aes and MVS..
.......................................................................................
Or..

Do some seaching (here-tech) and you'll find some cleaning methods I've been using for years..plus other methods.

Lets just say,all my MVS and AES carts work perfectly..

Sometimes with aes carts you have to be creative on how to get into the connectors without opening the carts

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Corkscrew said:
:lol: Thanks for the good laugh, Corkey.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Corkscrew said:

Does it matter? :chimp:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Send it to D-Lite

I don't know if he can fix it but he can slap an LED on it.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
norton9478 said:
Send it to D-Lite

I don't know if he can fix it but he can slap an LED on it.

Perhaps Kenny could radically enhance the cart for him?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
El Capitan said:
Perhaps Kenny could radically enhance the cart for him?

Kenny would just radically enhance his own wallet. :kekeke:

Jonathan

"Corky"
I got the cleaner from Radio Shack and Qtips and did what the directions in Hards MVS suggested and cleaned the cart like you said Many times. No good. The startup screen STILL looks broken. So it's got to be the circuts or a break in the chips or in the 2 circuts boards, a boot leg, because it looked like my cart had been pried open, the top label sliced in 2 and a section glued in place. Does that mean the car was boot legged? then my cart IS ruined.

Jonathan

"Corky"
Here we go. Sorry if some were blurry, but I did my best.

myfotos092.jpg

myfotos095.jpg

myfotos095.jpg

myfotos092.jpg

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Corky, if you've tried everything, then just give up and slap $20 down for another Samurai Shodown with no box. They're fucking cheap anyway.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Corkscrew said:
STOP CALLIN' ME CORKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blow_top:

Corky, put it in the oven pre heated at 350 degF for 20 minutes seasoned with Kosher salt(AESes love Kosher salt), garlic, bell peppers, onion, paprika and a nice white wine for flavor. Serves 20.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Corkscrew said:

Why? The name is very catchy and it fits you well.

And I still say that if the cart isn't going to work after a massive amount of cleaning, just spend $20 and get another cart. It's not like it's one of the $400 games or anything. No big deal.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Corky,

Dumb question, but did you take the cart apart to clean it with the pencil eraser?

If not, you probably didn't get the card edge connectors very clean. There are two boards in there and they are both double sided meaning there are 4 sides to clean.

RJ

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SpamYouToDeath said:
I meant, pics of the screen.

Ditto...

ki_atsushi said:
Corky, if you've tried everything, then just give up and slap $20 down for another Samurai Shodown with no box. They're fucking cheap anyway.

I have to agree.

Corkscrew said:

:lolz: Now that's some funny shit right there..

channelmaniac said:
Corky,

Dumb question, but did you take the cart apart to clean it with the pencil eraser?

If not, you probably didn't get the card edge connectors very clean. There are two boards in there and they are both double sided meaning there are 4 sides to clean.

RJ

Ditto again...

Try pulling the cart out of the system slightly.

Maybe a member near you can clean it and test it in their AES..I'd over to do it but the shipping back and forth isn't worth it compared to the price of another cart.

Jonathan

"Corky"
chris1 said:
Ditto...

I have to agree.

:lolz: Now that's some funny shit right there..

Ditto again...

Try pulling the cart out of the system slightly.

Maybe a member near you can clean it and test it in their AES..I'd over to do it but the shipping back and forth isn't worth it compared to the price of another cart.
It's one thing to take apart an MVS cart but taking and puttin' back to gether an AES cart is different. It's not easy task; I mean whoever own it, used glue to put it back.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Corkscrew said:
It's one thing to take apart an MVS cart but taking and puttin' back to gether an AES cart is different. It's not easy task; I mean whoever own it, used glue to put it back.

Actually, they are glued from the factory, and you don't have to take the cart apart to use an eraser, just get a small one that's not attached to a pencil.